Over Proofpoint Email Protection

Oplossing voor het beheer van e-mailbeveiliging die helpt bij het detecteren en blokkeren van bedreigingen via verschillende tools zoals firewalls, SCSS en meer.

Meer informatie over Proofpoint Email Protection

AD configuration was difficult as well as allowing internal group email flow to continue.

Beoordelingen van Proofpoint Email Protection

3,6
Waar voor je geld
3,9

Proofpoint Email Protection heeft een totaalscore van 4,2 van 5 sterren op basis van 33 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Proofpoint Email Protection eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (33)

Matt K.
Matt K.
CEO in VS

Peace of Mind with ProofPoint Essentials

5 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: My overall experience is very good. The software simply does what it promises to do very well. We use it for email protection.

ProofPoint Essentials provides a complete line of email protection tools, such as simple spam protection, phishing protection, URL and attachment sandboxing, encryption, emergency inbox and archival. It is extremely effective and very little malicious email gets through. The daily digest reassures end users that they are not missing important emails.

The setup is a bit complex and requires at least one hour per installation, with MX record changes, transport rules, and setting up the profile. The provided PowerShell scripts for Office 365 help, but it still takes longer than I would like.

IT EXECUTIVE in Oman
Groothandel, 201-500 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

PROOFPOINT , BETTER WAY TO PROTECT YOUR FORM FROM SPAMS AND PHISHING.

4 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Ido like the power of the software to protect the endpoints from spam mails and phishing attack, but i recommend the UI to be little more user friendly.

Much better in terms of Spam detection and also link protection , It will scan any links in our incoming mail and check whether it's genuine. Earlier we were using Trend micro email security and i find proof point much better in terms of spam detection and protecting the endpoints form clicking on unwanted links in the mails. Since its a cloud product the loading time of the interface may take some time , at times i find the UI very run responsive but that will not be a issue as it will be temporary for some minutes

I can't say it as a demerit but what i dislike the most with proof point is that for quarantined mails bulk delete option is shown and sometimes some bulk mails getting listed in the quarantined folder needs to be deleted one by one. like if am getting multiple spam mails from a single mail id i should be given the option to deleted the same . But for our convenience they have given an option to hide those types.

President in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

Great first layer of email protection

4 vorige week Nieuw

User training and preventing accidental clicks is difficult. The filtering tools in Proofpoint do a great job at quarantining malicious messages from the user's inbox. The user may see the message in their quarantine digest, but the extra step to release it forces the user to think about the message before interacting with it.

The reporting tools lack the ease of use we find with other tools. It seems like the development team has put all their efforts into building a security solid product, and reporting is only an after-thought.

Andrew K.
Director in VS
Consumentengoederen, 11-50 werknemers

Frustrating and not worth it

2 3 maanden geleden

It groups together the spam messages into easy to read digest and the settings, once you figure them out, allow for nice customizability

So hard to configure and the default settings are abysmal. I get spammed more often from proofpoint than I do actual spam. Approving / blocking / etc. options are not intuitive and don't do what you expect them to. Also really difficult to figure out all the settings to get the system to actual help filter out unwanted messages.

Adam H.
Service Manager in VS
Bouw, 51-200 werknemers

Review of Product Software

5 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Proofpoint Email Protection has allowed us to increase our email marketing reach without the fear of breaches to our data and security

What I like best about Proofpoint Email Protection is that fact that it is always working behind the scenes to protect us and that provides a lot of peace of mind!

Sometimes Proofpoint works a little too hard and we have to "dial things down a bit"., otherwise Fantastic!

Tony S.
Senior Systems Engineer in VS
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 501-1.000 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Proofpoint is one of the best products I have used for Email security

5 5 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: My email security was so well handled, I decided to try proofpoint secure email which my users absolutely loved. I now check the proofpoint products first if I need any other type of product.

There are many option for personalizing the amount of protection you get. I have yet to find something I could not block by tweaking the settings. Support is also very helpful in this regard.

Until you have used the controls for some time, it can seem overwhelming

Technical Security Officer in Nederland
Fondsenwerving, 501-1.000 werknemers

Very good for email protection, though bit pricey

5 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: After setup with the help of professional services, we only occasionally tuned the software ourselves now. We are a multi-entity organization and Proofpoint supports having "suborgs" for this.

From the start Proofpoint Email Protection has done a great job protecting our users from all email threats. It has done a better job then our previous software. The support is good and fairly quick. I also did an Instructor Led Training Course and the trainer was very good. Online training options are also available as part of the Proofpoint Level Up site.

There are some minor issues: the GUI is a bit dated (but very functional). From what I understand a major rework is being planned but no date yet. Also the False Positive/Negative reporting can be more streamlined.

Francisco javier R.
Francisco javier R.
Subgerente de Soporte Mecánico in Chili
Industriële automatisering, 201-500 werknemers

Good filter, not sure 'bout the digest report

4 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We keep using proofpoint to keep our mail inbox clean and safe

Proofpoint keeps my inbox clean, that's certain and you can also create a rule to get rid of those annoyng providers and many other features. It's customizable so you can manage what you consider spam.

Once a rule was automatically created an all the comunication with one of our customer's domain was rejected, thus we almost had a sever incident with them but we managed to notice the problem and solve it on time

Carrie H.
Carrie H.
Strategic Planning Consultant in VS
Civiele techniek, 10.000+ werknemers

A robust filter for potential threatening emails

4 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Proofpoint filters through my emails at all times to make sure I am receiving emails that are priority emails, and hides away irrelevant emails that can be marked as promotional or spam and puts them into quarantine. At a certain point in the day, I get an email notifying me which emails were filtered out, so I can allow them to release the emails or mark something as not spam.

Proofpoint filters through my emails and catches emails that are not marked as spam or junk, but are irrelevant from my daily functioning needs. It is an email filter that takes email protection one step further.

Sometimes it filters out emails that are not spam, and I have to wait until Proofpoint informs me that it has emails in quarantine to be able to access those emails.

IT Director in VS
Computersoftware, 11-50 werknemers

Proofpoint - get your company email vulnerabilities under control

4 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Great cloud based email protection.

Easy to us, easy to integrate with your existing email servers, great assistance in setup, nice reporting features.

There is an issue with accounts that are not allowed sign-in when integrating with active directory.

Akram S.
Systems Engineer in VS
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 201-500 werknemers

We rely on ProofPoint Protection

5 10 maanden geleden

Multiple modules from a centralized location. We rely on PPF for our org's email protection including TAP/TRAP/ spoofing and spam protection.

Unresponsiveness of technical support: we had experiences where the technical support is not as responsive as we would expect. When opening P1 tickets from the business's standpoint, PP's support would request to reduce the priority .

Eli P.
Centralized Services Manager in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

Good Email Protection but not Best for Archiving

4 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Proofpoint allows us to protect our clients from email based threats without a large learning curve. There a some minor issues here and there, but as email protection only, it is a good product.

It effectively protects our company from email based attacks. Email protection and filtering is easy to use. Most end users are able to complete basic tasks without issue.

There is a longer delay then expected when the product scans email attachment. Delivery of emails with small PDF attachments can be delayed up to 10 minutes sometimes. The product is not the best for email archiving. There is no search function for searching the body of emails, leading to customer frustration when trying to find specific words in emails.

Brian K.
Sr Program Manager in VS
Automotive, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Robust, Effective Tool

5 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: It is a great combination of being end user friendly and easy to administer

It is highly effective against blocking malicious attacks via email

I wish there was slightly more granular content filtering policies

Jersson G.
IT Manager in VS
Fotografie, 11-50 werknemers

It gets the job done!

4 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Proofpoint does a great job of detecting spam and other malicious emails.

Proofpoint does a great job of filtering spam and malicious emails. It was easy to set up and it keeps our users safe. If our mail server goes down, we know we can count on Proofpoint to hold our messages until it comes back online.

The GUI isn't very user friendly, but I recently previewed version 6.0 (beta) and it looks very promising. Having said that, once you get used to the Proofpoint terminology and the overall navigation, you make things work :-)

Leo L.
Security Engineer in Maleisië
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

Very advanced ESG Solution

5 6 maanden geleden

Not just a simple ESG solution. Proofpoint also provides Targeted Attack Protection which protects those very-attacked-person like CEO, management persons. Proofpoint also provides training to educate the end-users on email awareness. Not hard or complicated to use, the email filtering and threat protection works very well. We are able to track the filtered emails and caught threat very easily.

Price is quite top notch but you get what you pay.

Seth K.
Owner in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

Some glaring holes in primary faetures

4 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: So far we are on the fence if we will continue using this product across our many users. The security shortcoming could have dire consequences along with liability concerns.

On the basic level it does what it is supposed to which is filter email threats and utilize a portal for secure, encrypted email processing.

The encryption module has a lot to be desired. The largest glaring hole we found is when sending an encrypted email via the Outlook plugin, any subsequent reply to the conversation will go out unencrypted unless the original sender remembers to hit the "Send Securely" button on every single reply. If this is forgotten once, then the entire conversation is sent out in the open which breaks all levels of security & compliance. When a user utilizes the subject trigger, this is not an issue, however users cannot be expected to remember these small nuances & shortcomings (plus most want to use the simple "Send Securely" button). If you are going to create a plugin, make sure it covers ALL bases. Possibly have the plugin insert it's own subject in order to trigger conversation replies.

Nate W.
Developer in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Proofpoint Email Protection is a must have

4 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Proofpoint Email Protection was my recommended front line of defense for email delivery.

One of my favorite features of Proofpoint Email Protection is TAP. This feature really goes the distance with protecting from malicious outside emails.

Proofpoint Email Protection can sometimes be hard to setup without a consultant. Especially with email message routing.

Anatoliy M.
Sr. Network Engineer in VS
Bouw, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Great email firewall software

5 3 jaar geleden

Ease if use, customer support, great flexibility.

No way local organization admins could make changes inside a linux shell - that is allowed only via GUI in on-prem version.

BI Analyst/IT Administrator in VS
Industriële automatisering, 201-500 werknemers

Proofpoint Email Filter

4 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It is doing its job and filtering off what it is supposed to. I haven't had any issues with it and is working great.

Proofpoint lets you finely tune your email filter so that you can figure out what will get Quarantined. It has prevented a lot of SPAM and Viruses from getting through.

I'm not the biggest fan of the User Interface layout.

Tilmon H.
Tilmon H.
Vice President in VS
Financiële dienstverlening, 51-200 werknemers

Email protection in the cloud

4 3 jaar geleden

This solution has made a great benefit for us to protect and encrypt emails to and from our domain while using a cloud based service

Tim Z.
Tim Z.
Security Engineer in VS
Nutsbedrijven, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Best mail protection

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: We have Proofpoint email protection, TRAP, TAP, and PSAT. They do a great job. We can pull emails from use with little effort and false positives are almost not a issue for us.

I love how well it works and the information/reporting I can get from it.

All the different sites I have to check. I wish all these products were in one site. Then it would save time.

Director Of Information Technology in VS
Bouw, 501-1.000 werknemers

Email Protection is a Must

5 3 jaar geleden

The ability to detect and identify potentially malicious email is what it does best. Can also recognize SPAM and gives you all the tools and options to customize to your environment and company needs. I've used a host of different email protection applications and I can say by far that proofpoint performs the best.

Interface layout is confusing at times and you'll have difficulty locating what you need. Once you get the hang of where common tasks are located it sorts itself out.

Danika T.
Event Specialist in VS
Evenementenbureaus, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Is this necessary?

5 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: It was fine if that was the only option but other less obvious to the user solutions would be my preference

Even though it was extra steps to get what I needed to done, it was straightforward after you had used it a while.

It seemed like there were a too many extra steps to be able to complete easy daily tasks like checking an email.

Jamison M.
President in VS
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers

Excellent software for reducing fraud, phishing, and spam emails

5 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Love it, you should absolutely deploy this with your enterprise email platform

I've deployed this for a couple organizations and noticed immediate results. Phishing and other scam emails have all but stopped. Spam, spam is tough, what is a subscription and what is unsolicited... Proofpoint does a pretty good job separating out approved and unapproved emails.

Subscription emails that I DO want to received are caught in spam. This isn't that big a deal because I'm able to approve these to be delivered, but it can be difficult and frustrating sometimes.

IT Security Manager in VS
Automotive, 501-1.000 werknemers

Goverment Purchase government problems

3 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: A lot of flash not a lot of flare.

the product itself is an awesome tool when you are a JR Analyst working small individuals

The capacity for growth within the software leaves something to be desired.