QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise reviews

4,3 /5
  • Klantenservice
    4,1 /5

Over QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

De toonaangevende boekhoudsoftware voor kleine bedrijven. Directe toegang tot gegevens over klanten, verkopers en werknemers.

Meer informatie over QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

18.594 reviews worden weergegeven

William A.
High-Performance Business & Financial Coach
Financiële dienstverlening, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 26/7/2020

"Fast, Simple to use, Easy to Integrate, Support is light, and price is a touch higher than others"

Opmerkingen: Overall, I have no intention of leaving QuickBooks.

Pluspunten: QuickBooks is easy to import into, export out of and directly integrate with certain platforms. The software was built with the user experience in mind.

Minpunten: The price is a bit higher than the competition, so technically its a con. However, I don't consider this a negative because sometimes you get what you pay for and I found QBO to have better features and a better reputation as a whole. The support is not as easy to work with as I would like. But compared to some of the competiton, its better than not having any.

Antwoord van de leverancier

van Intuit op 6/8/2020

Hey, William. Thanks for being such a loyal member of the QuickBooks family. We appreciate all the kind words you have to say about our product. Aside from phone and chat support, you can also go to the Community for assistance (https://community.intuit.com/). Once there, you can communicate with other users as well as our experts. All the best in your business endeavors.
Caitlyn, The QuickBooks Team

• Beoordeeld op 26/7/2020
Jane R.
Owner, Big Kahuna
Publiceren, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 13/12/2019

"Worth the price tag"

Opmerkingen: I started out learning QuickBooks on the desktop version for a previous job, and the software has come a long, long way since then. The online version is well organized, easy to use, and in the three years I've been using it I've never run into a single glitch.

Pluspunten: QuickBooks online gives me one place to track everything related to money for my small business: income, expenses, taxes, and payroll. It's easy to set up and use, and I like knowing that even when I'm not paying as much attention to some of the bookkeeping as I should, it's still being tracked for when I have time to get to it.

Minpunten: It's a little pricey and the help/FAQs aren't always that helpful, but those quibbles are greatly outweighed by how easy and useful it is.

• Beoordeeld op 13/12/2019
Tiffany S.
CFO
Openbare veiligheid, 2-10 werknemers
  • Bron: SoftwareAdvice
  • Beoordeeld op 9/2/2021

"Advertising versus delivered"

Opmerkingen: Overall, the software is very functional and user friendly. The extra steps that I use outside the software would be nice if they were integrated, but I have been doing them for the last 4 years, so it doesn't affect my routine. I like how quickly I can create an invoice if someone asks and I can fill in the blanks for tracking later without affecting my bottom line.

Pluspunten: This software is very user friendly. Getting to individual accounts is easy and straight forward. The importing of bank records saves me a ton of time doing payroll and reimbursements each month. I can track all of the owner's businesses in one place without paying extra per company added.

Minpunten: We opted for this version because of the PO tracking. The problem is, the PO's are not created by us. They are created by our customers so we can't actually use that part of the software that we paid for. I can still run reports and track project time and expenses, but I can't track a PO given to us and how much left to be billed. I still have to do that manually. It also doesn't integrate with T-sheets without renaming projects on one platform or the other. One is for my engineers, the other is for our customers tracking. The two do not use the same formatting.

• Bron: SoftwareAdvice
  • Beoordeeld op 9/2/2021
David E.
CFO
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 16/2/2021

"Just say No-to-It"

Opmerkingen: This is software on life support. Intuit is rapidly investing in online. I switched to Quickbooks Online, by the way and LOVE it. I tried to use the desktop "enterprise" version because I needed some advanced inventory and reporting features. Worst decision ever. They didn't work. Spent 5+ years trying to find a work-around. Finally Intuit made it possible to migrate to Quickbooks Online. It worked really well and I'm a happy camper now.

Pluspunten: It mostly worked, some of the time. I was able to transfer my data to Quickbooks Onine.

Minpunten: The General Ledger worked most of the time, however, about every-other month the Balance sheet would be out of balance and require a rebuild. If you were to list out every feature of QBE, I would be able to find a problem with it. This is the Frankenstein of software. Every "enterprise" feature is just someone else's software poorly glued onto QB. Calling this software Enterprise is a flat out lie and Intuit should be ashamed. Basic features cannot be changed without all users logging out of the system. Most of the "advanced" and "enterprise" features don't work as advertised. Cash flow reports were NEVER accurate.

• Beoordeeld op 16/2/2021
Kevin H.
HR
Bouw, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 3/5/2018

"I'm focusing on CONSTRUCTION PAYROLL here, not A/P, A/R, G/L"

Opmerkingen: It was a real learning curve for me. Honestly, for years I would have given QB very high remarks, but that was BEFORE I had to start using the PAYROLL module to do heavy duty use, construction Job Costing and such. I'm now in discussion with the company Controller about going to different software. I'm a nice guy, but I've come to loath the problems and trying to get any help from QB, i.e., called Assisted Payroll, "I have this problem you can see on the screen." "Oh, that's not an Assisted Payroll problem, I'll get you over to Tech Support..." First thing Tech Support guy says, "Oh, that's an Assisted Payroll problem. I'll transfer you over to them." OK, and on it goes. We purchased a 30-user Enterprise 2018 for a reason. We have many users, accounting, owners, construction managers, those using Remote Desktop into the Server, etc. Last support (yesterday) said I need to be logged in as Admin (excuse me, but that is the Controller, who uses QB every day & is way above my pay grade), and in Single User mode. Are you kidding me? "Oh, you want to be able to put this car in reverse? Only when you are facing North and only on the second Tuesday of the week." Am I sounding a bit ridiculous? Well, that's about what support is now sounding like to me.

Pluspunten: I gave highest (4-stars) in ease of use.

Minpunten: The P/R module has been like the ugly, red-headed step child of QB. For YEARS, I used the help/feedback. Never so much as heard that anything was received. No changes have been made, lots of errors/bugs, VERY poor job costing ability, I'm now told you must be Admin & logged in as single user. My list of problems & suggestions is LONG, but none of their resources (time, money for development) have been put into fixing/upgrading this very old module. It's OK if you have a couple of office staff and do payroll for them, but if you are larger and really need to do Job Costing? Forget it. Staff WANTS to be helpful, but 1) they can't change what the program is sorely lacking; and 2) very often I've gotten "newbie" support personnel that hardly have a clue themselves as to what the program can/can't do or don't understand simple constraints in business. Yes, I can give MANY very specific examples, but no one that matters (has the authority/ability to make any changes) cares. Apparently we who push/need the payroll to do construction/job costing are just too few to warrant attention. I've been using QB since the day it came out. I know, that really dates me, but my point is that I am certainly no newcomer to QB. The next category only went "2+ years". Not nearly long enough.

• Beoordeeld op 3/5/2018
Shweta S.
Supervisor
Administratie, 10.000+ werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 3/2/2021

"Quickbook is great tool with no accounting experience"

Pluspunten: After self instructing on YouTube, I can say, the product is a marvel to those of us who work with the entirety of cash. It coordinates everything and with a tick, you can produce any report.Great and best insight. The getting sorted out module is breathtaking as it grants me to screen my remuneration and expenses as shown by the monetary strategy and gives a whole effect on the affiliation's presentation.QuickBooks tackles practically all the bookkeeping issues in my association eg; Budgeting, charges instalment , detailing, charge planning and so on

Minpunten: I wished there was the capacity to produce different reports separated from the current one which is bookkeeping based as it were. - As much as it is useful for independent company as our own, it turns out to be difficult to utilize when the business develops and become large.The naming show for certain cycles are somewhat overwhelming until you adapt precisely where they are and what they are called. The updates can make highlights be migrated, making them hard to track down. Likewise with all cloud-based programming, once in a while there are issues with the online connectivity.The number of clients that can utilize it at the same time is restricted and we business people live on cooperation and especially need it.

• Beoordeeld op 3/2/2021
Implementation & Support Specialist
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 11/11/2020

"Quickbooks"

Opmerkingen: My experience with the QuickBooks had been for almost less than 2 years and even though I was not in the accounting department, I had to maintain the inventory, reporting of general ledger, all the sales purchases made, and made sure all the products that we have physically available, they were in the system with their exact specifications so that at the time of creating sale orders, the exact name and specs would appear with their exact cost and the remaining product count would be the same as it was physically available.

Pluspunten: The best part about QuickBooks was that it was online and we had the ability to work even though we were not on the office premises and it allowed us to work efficiently and effectively. We used it for inventory management, documentation, general ledger, Sale orders, purchase orders, and invoicing.

Minpunten: Even though it has customization in its reporting mechanism but it takes time and effort to get exactly what we want and at crucial times it gets a little hectic to generate a report where we need results faster.

• Beoordeeld op 11/11/2020
Andrew K.
Chief Operating Officer
Internet, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 4/2/2021

"Great Value for the Price"

Opmerkingen: Overall, my company has been happy with our switch to QuickBooks. We previously used Netsuite for our accounting software, but the subscription fees were outrageous and the features were difficult to manage and execute. QuickBooks offers what we need for a very reasonable price on a user-friendly format. I would definitely recommend this to small businesses who do not need a lot of advanced functionality.

Pluspunten: The QuickBooks software is very affordable with lots of good out-of-box features. AR and AP functions are very easy to use for novice users of the software. There are a lot of templated reports that are very helpful for weekly and monthly accounting tasks (Payroll, Vendor Payments, Sales, etc.). The software also allows you to add on a variety of additional features through plug-ins, which you can access for a nominal monthly fee. For example, the BIll.com integration is excellent for paying your vendors online, eliminating the need for mailing out checks each month.

Minpunten: The biggest issue with QuickBooks is their customer service department. Whenever we have issues that cannot be resolved by an internal administrator, it takes days and sometimes weeks before an Intuit rep returns our messages. We've been using the software a little over a year and have already been passed around to several different account reps. At one point, their response time was so poor I had to request a different rep. The other thing I find cumbersome with the software is the sales reporting. While the templates are helpful, I often end up with a lot of superfluous information, and the reports are not very malleable, even once exported to Xcel. This is an area I feel could be greatly improved with minimal effort from Intuit.

• Beoordeeld op 4/2/2021
Jean F.
Accountant
Schoolleiding, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 22/1/2021

"Why I love quick books over other accounting softwares"

Opmerkingen: After self teaching on YouTube, I can say, the software is a wonder to those of us who work with all of money. It helps organize everything and with a click, you can generate any report

Pluspunten: What I loved the most was featured on the online version. I loved that I could share a live book keeping with someone else who would help me fix things if I messed up without having to come to my office, I love the whole reporting system. It's so organized and customizable. I love scheduling invoices and splitting transactions. I love that I can report everything in one click.

Minpunten: It's not so easy to get customer support for the desktop version. It looks like the online version works better. I didn't like that the price is fair but not everyone can afford it. It's not easy to navigate this software for first timers. I wish there were instructions to newbies.

• Beoordeeld op 22/1/2021
Nelson kipchirchir S.
Regional Coordinator
Telecommunicatie, 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 25/10/2020

"Best accounting solution in the market!"

Opmerkingen: QuickBooks solves almost all the accounting problems in my organization eg; Budgeting, bills payment, reporting, tax preparation etc.

Pluspunten: - The budgeting module is very good as it allows me to keep track of my revenue and expenses as per the budget and gives a whole impression on the organization's performance.
- I loved the flexibility of the software when it comes to integration with software from other vendors.
- The pricing is awesome especially for small and upcoming businesses.
- Very easy to learn and put it in use, so far so good. No crashes, bugs, or hanging.

Minpunten: - The software lacks the current business trend features like barcoding and lot tracking.
- Limitation on the number of users is also one of the aspects I disliked.
- I wished there was the ability to generate other reports apart from the current one which is accounting based only.
- As much as it is good for small business as ours, it becomes hard to use when the business grows and become large.

• Beoordeeld op 25/10/2020
Jay O.
Accountant, Owner
Administratie, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 27/11/2020

"The Accounting Software of Small Business"

Opmerkingen: Great and best experience!

Pluspunten: Ease of use, optimized for small businesses, lots of features

Minpunten: Slow loading at times, errors in app, errors in installation, etc.

• Beoordeeld op 27/11/2020
Charleen F.
corporate President
Computer- en netwerkbeveiliging, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 22/10/2020

"Our QB online is always ready when we are"

Opmerkingen: Cloud services make everything more secure. Not having to purchase an upgrade year after year is one of the best benefits. Our business is sized so that the online version, which does have less functionality than the desktop version, still works for exactly what we need. The tutorials are helpful and there are plenty of YouTube videos to find a resolution for any problem you have.

Pluspunten: The online version of QB makes it easy to always have the necessary updates and current edition. The file sharing capabilities are the exact tool that is needed for the accountant to easily have a hassle-free exchange of the data they need to keep your books and do taxes. QB payroll that can be accessed through the software and there is easy access to QuickBook loan funding should you ever need it. Anytime, anywhere access is a plus.

Minpunten: The naming convention for some processes are a bit daunting until you learn exactly where they are and what they are called. The updates can cause features to be relocated, making them difficult to find. As with all cloud-based software, sometimes there are issues with the online connectivity.

• Beoordeeld op 22/10/2020
Waqar A.
Software Data Associate
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 19/1/2021

""QuickBooks is an affordable business software""

Opmerkingen: - Extraordinary and best insight! - The organizing module is splendid as it awards me to screen my compensation and costs as demonstrated by the financial course of action and gives an entire impact on the association's presentation.

Pluspunten: QuickBooks handles fundamentally all the bookkeeping issues in my alliance eg; Budgeting, charges partition, uncovering, charge status, and so on QuickBooks makes a fine showing up with significant bookkeeping limits, is overall simple to utilize, and the report suite is above and beyond for exclusive organizations.

Minpunten: Slow stacking on some work occasions, blunders in application, mistakes in establishment, and so on.

• Beoordeeld op 19/1/2021
Kelly michael S.
Data Analyst
Bouw, 51-200 werknemers
    Zonder beoordeling
  • Beoordeeld op 15/11/2020

"Good project management software for resource tracking"

Opmerkingen: We've enjoyed using QuickBooks for several years to track employee's time spent on jobs and individual tasks.

Pluspunten: QuickBooks makes it very easy for data entrants to get information into its software. Our interns were able to adopt this technology quickly.

Minpunten: QuickBooks is difficult for the everyday manager to customize and our homegrown systems didn't integrate with it easily.

• Beoordeeld op 15/11/2020
Jeff B.
Directing Partner
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 26/1/2021

"QuickBooks online review"

Opmerkingen: Having an accounting system that allows us to manage all financials in one location is very important to us.

Pluspunten: We have the ability to do almost everything needed to manage the financials and be able to have good support when needed.

Minpunten: The lack of a proposal tool is the one thing I wish there was. In my business, a simple estimate isn't enough.

• Beoordeeld op 26/1/2021
Alain jove R.
Freelancer
Telecommunicatie, 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 18/2/2021

"Bookkeeping has never been easy with this"

Opmerkingen: Overall, QB is an awesome accounting tool especially for noobs like me who doesn't have any background on the matter. It does a great job of updating the reporting data and a scheduled cutoff time to allow you to know that some data won't still be present and are still in the works. Payroll, sales, and the likes are just made simple because of this.

Pluspunten: This relatively easy to use app is outstanding. With its simple interface with a lot of features for the average and the advanced user makes importing and exporting a breeze. Although it has selected platforms to integrate to, it still works well and does a great job with automating business and even my personal finances. I like the way reporting templates for weekly, monthly, are there for ease of use, which can be customized further to suit my needs. It's easy and convenient because it avoid the human error of calculations with old method of pen and paper, and even the improved ones of using spreadsheets and its counterpart apps. It is even better with optional plugins to make accounting a walk in the park, that's for a small additional fee of course.

Minpunten: This is a bit pricy compared to other apps out there that have more or less the same functionality. It would be helpful if the excel/csv import can be better as sometimes the alignments and other elements have minor issues. And this is the same with switching from one mode to another which can sometimes have issues with the entries. And lastly, it would be nice to improve the quality that the customer service provides because it is not really great. I'm sorry to say but it's not so customer service oriented that the Quality Assurance department should work hard in weeding out those bad apples.

• Beoordeeld op 18/2/2021
April H.
Owner/Artist
Kunst en nijverheid, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 7/2/2021

"Vital tool for small business"

Opmerkingen: I recently purchased the 2020 version of Quickbooks for desktop, after updating my Mac operating system and finding out that I was basically locked out of 2012 version that I had been using - it could not be used with my new OS and I couldn't access any of my business files. After considerable research, I discovered that I could download a trial of a newer version so that I could access my information, but then I needed to decide whether I wanted to purchase a new version of QB for desktop or begin using the online version. I decided to get the 2020 for desktop because I tried the online program and did not like it at all. There is definitely a learning curve if you've never been a Quickbooks user before, but it far exceeds any other accounting software or program I've tried.

Pluspunten: Quickbooks offers everything I need to manage the accounts for my sole proprietorship, from budgeting and expense tracking to documenting vehicle mileage, all in one program. There are myriad other aspects of the program, such as inventory tracking, that I do not even utilize because I haven't taken the time to learn them.

Minpunten: While I have been using Quickbooks for desktop for years now, I still have to look up how to do things and it is not a very intuitive program for someone who did not go to school for accounting or business. If it was more intuitive, I would probably use more of the features.

• Beoordeeld op 7/2/2021
Andy M.
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 5/2/2021

"My Accountant Recommended This!"

Opmerkingen: Overall I was happy with QB - I can access my accounts from my mobile and see what's happening in my company. As I said before, using software which is recommended by various Accountants speaks for itself!

Pluspunten: Just like any other kind of cloud application, the more you use Quickbooks, the more you enjoy using it and discovering more features. The fact that you can generate sales graphs simply is a great feature for generating reports for investors is a superb feature. Most importantly, this was recommended by my Accountant who could quickly export all of the data into their own system. This saved me a lot of money in the long run.

Minpunten: Maybe too many menus to choose from which I would like to have the option of hiding. Since there are a lot of features and add-ons, some do not apply to me. So, more space please!

• Beoordeeld op 5/2/2021
Van B.
Executive Director
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 17/1/2021

"Gets the job done"

Opmerkingen: Overall, it's good. Based on the reporting and payroll functionality, I would recommend it to my colleagues, but I would also recommend they check out other options. There is lots of software out there, and I think the QB app is pretty weak, and it's likely you could find something that may be better. I also would strongly recommend studying the basics of accounting before you starting your account.

Pluspunten: The reporting function, and the ability to integrate payroll (especially full service) is what makes this product for me. Full service payroll will file my tax forms, auto mail out W2s, and make 1099s fairly easy. I do have a state specific tax that my full service doesn't cover, requiring me to manually print and mail with a check, which can be a bit of a pain.. but it does make me appreciate how much time the other payroll automation has saved me. If you structure your system right, the reporting function is very powerful. Unfortunately, not a lot of people have the foresight going into the software on how to appropriately structure things, so I'd recommend planning out your books with an accountant before hand.

Minpunten: The customer service is terrible. I usually get forwarded from person to person because I'm in the "wrong department," but I know it's because the person just doesn't know the answer. I do have an accounting degree, so I expect to be more knowledgeable about certain aspects of the system when I call in, but, usually my phone calls are to resolve a software bug or issue.
I also think they made a big mistake when they changed their pricing structure by limiting departments/classes to 40 per user. The number is too low, and I previously had unlimited departments/classes, to which Quickbooks made me reduce my total amount when they transitioned to the new pricing structure, with threat of suspension none-the-less. I think that's a pretty terrible thing to do to a long time customer, who had been using the software for 5 years before these limits went into place.

• Beoordeeld op 17/1/2021