Helpt Belgische bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over Wix

Krijg de vrijheid om je eigen verbluffende e-commerce-website te maken, precies zoals jij het wilt – helemaal gratis.

Meer informatie over Wix

Accessible to anyone who has a little interest and commitment. Enables the creation of very professional websites, with an excellent image bank and templates.

Absolutely awful customer service and support when things go wrong (which they do, daily).

Beoordelingen van Wix

Waar voor je geld

Wix heeft een totaalscore van 4,4 van 5 sterren op basis van 9.487 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Wix eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (9.487)

Ulku
Ulku
Founder in Turkije
Nieuwsbladen, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef

I love any work that evolves over time.

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I am very pleased, I think I have found the place where I want to work permanently for the brand I want to create. I can't wait to explore all its features.

A few years ago, Wix came to my mind when it came to ease of creating a website. It was a time when we preferred to work with a professional to create websites in the companies I worked for, but I heard about Wix at that time. It's amazing what I see when I give my own small business a chance these days! It is admirable that it has developed so much over time and kept up with change! It made things so easy and compatible with artificial intelligence that I was simply blown away. It also offers very reasonable prices. I can create a website at prices that I can only buy domains for and ensure my brand reliability. What more could I ask for!

I can't talk about any negatives for the free version. From what I've experienced, everything is fine for now. It has a much more professional atmosphere than before.

Marie
Founder and Owner in VS
Consumentendiensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Best Customer Service you could ever ask for

5,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Wix had the easiest site to build myself (and I tried a couple of them). Anything I couldn't figure out how to do, I would just contact Wix and talk to a customer service representative. I've had a few very good customer service reps that are patient, kind, and extremely helpful. There is one in particular though named [sensitive content hidden] that I've been so lucky to get a couple of times and she really is phenomenal. She is the primary reason I recommend Wix to any and all entrepreneurs who ask me what site builder to use. She helped me set up my content management system on the website which makes it so easy to update, add and edit content. She is the kindest, most patient customer service rep I've ever worked with and really goes the extra mile to make sure it's easy for me to do whatever I'm trying to do. She listens and knows exactly what I want, but also anticipates what I need without me even asking!

Some of the responsive features to help the site automatically adjust between web and mobile make the spacing look funky. Other than that, it's an awesome tool.

Owner Operator in VS
Meubels, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Spare yourself and find a company who cares for their customers

1,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Wix is so bad as a vendor it has made me think about closing up shop as a business owner.

Wix has overall good reviews, so I came here to save others from the pain I have had to go through. Wix is like owning a boat, the best thing of owning it is the day you get rid of it.

Support is worse than awful. If you need a report for your accountant and it is not working, they will not fix it. You will get the run around and they will throw different ideas at you until you just plain give up. Even if you explain what you need and have copies of the same report you ran last month, they will just tell you it works on their end.

Nicole
Owner in Frankrijk
Design en ontwerp, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Easy to use While Retaining the Flexibility to Grow Into

4,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, WIX is my preferred platform to build as I value empowering my clients to learn how to manage their own websites for basic upkeep. WIX is easy to teach clients how to use and is very affordable. I also appreciate that WIX allows you to create your website on the free account so that my clients don't need to feel rushed in learning how to use the platform before paying for it (unlike other platforms that only offer 2 week trials). By far, best customer service out there.

By far the biggest selling feature for me with WIX is their customer service. By far the best, most responsive and ready-to-help team I've encountered. Every platform has it's glitches but at least WIX is always there to help. It's also one of the easier platforms to build a website on. Super user-friendly so that I can easily teach my clients how to use it. I also appreciate that WIX allows you to create your website on the free account so that my clients don't need to feel rushed in learning how to use the platform before paying for it (unlike other platforms that only offer 2 week trials). By far, best customer service out there. Finally, it's the best compromise for small businesses between where they are now (small or startup) and what they need to grow into.

I does tend to glitch more often than I would like. However a quick refresh of the page usually fixes the issue. I also miss the old agency benefits account.

Chad
Digital Artist in VS
Design en ontwerp, Zelfstandig ondernemer

My Favorite Tool

5,0 2 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I've been using Wix for several years now and have not looked elsewhere.

Easy to use, Looks nice, Great customer service

Some graphical tools can be hard to locate

Zoe

Easy to use and Friendly

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: It has plenty of options for beginners to still have a beautiful website without too much effort or website design knwoledge.

Versatility to use different fonts when purchased outside of Wix. Drag and Drop. Great customer service via chat, this is important!

Sometimes forms are difficult for me, but I am not a pro.

Joshua
Infrastructure Engineer in VK
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 201-500 werknemers

Wix made domain website building lot more easier without coding

5,0 2 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I love every moment I work on wix and it makes my Job lot more easier managing multiple domain subscription from one login.

Easy to build a website in less than 5 minutes

The website template don't have options to tweak easily

S. Andrew
CSM in Frankrijk
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Easy to setup but bad referencing

4,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Very easy to setup, the templates easily incorporate in the website, modules are quite flexibles CSM is quite good

The referencing is quite bad compared to Squarespace Expensive for what's on offer compared to others

Laura

Overwogen alternatieven:

Best website platform for DIY/beginners!

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: amazing customer service, user friendly and intuitive.

Wix hands down has the best customer service of any website platform Ive ever used. I've never had an issues that didn't get fixed the same day, and even their lowest level of support is incredibly knowledgable.

I don't really have any cons! Wix is a great platform for salons/beauty industry pros.

Anil
Drupal Developer in Zuid-Afrika
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

Wix Insight by Drupal Developer

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Wix gives me the ability to develop and design websites easily via drag and drop functionality which doesn’t involve coding.

I must integrate with Calendaring tools, but that’s a simple task.

awogor
awogor
Editor In Chief in Nigeria
Design en ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Simple, good and easy to use drag and drop website builder

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have used Wix on 4 different websites and I must say, it's easy, fast and good platform for website design for companies and portfolios. I will always recommend

You don't probably need to a Pro User in order to make a website with Wix. With Wix's Drag and Drop website builder, you can easily build your personal portfolio website, photographic site, lifestyle, eCommerce store for advance users etc. It's generally appart from WordPress one of those platforms I respect so much when making websites for my clients. They take care of Hosting service and your domain you only pay for their platform and start using it.

It's not the best place for content management and therefore do not offer total user experience for companies website just like with WordPress, you can post publications in a blog section of your website. The more features you require, the more money you spend.

Arran
Arran
Owner in VK

Reviewing Wix

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My Overall view is that Wix do give a great service and its very easy to use and to get a great site up and going in a few days if not in one day ! Only thing id say is that they are dragging their heals in updating the back end of the shop to make it better but the costs of Millions seems to be putting them off !! Bite the Bullet Wix !!

Great Platform, Never Crashes and fast to upload, Great information on how to use Wix and you dont have to be an Expert to use and to make a great website

No Cons,ive found over the years its always up and going 24/7 so never no down time, i find it very hard to dislike anything about the Wix platform

Jeff
Director of Marketing in VS
Design en ontwerp, 11-50 werknemers

Wix - the Solution for Ease of Web Launches

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: If I were a small business looking for a simple, easy to manage website that just needs to highlight the top information of my business in a slick and creative way then Wix would be my solution. Wix is built for spinning up a cool site asap at a reasonable cost. Very impressive for the swim lane they play in.

Incredibly easy to start and set up an account and get designing. Wix is a breeze to work with and the design/template options are outstanding and professional. A simple site looks like a work of art in a short amount of time. It's definitely not for everyone but for personal or small business (nion-ecomm) sites Wix is a great solution.

This is not a platform if you need multiple or heavy integrations of ecomm, erp, APIs. Wix is definitely of value for small business. It also has a reoccurring subscription plan so we're tied into that monthly cost but it's well worth it.

Kaprice Dal Cerro,
Kaprice Dal Cerro,
Owner/Business Mentor in VS
Professionele training en coaching, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Overwogen alternatieven:

More diverse than you think

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have enjoyed my experience using Wix. My website has never gone down and it has allowed me to create automation for parts of my business.

What I like about Wix is that you don't need to be a software developer to create a great-looking website. There are a lot of tools that many users don't realize that Wix has. For instance, setting up a workshop and taking payment is easy to create on your Wix website. There are many themed templates to choose from to help you create the look and feel that you want without having to spend a lot of time thinking about how you want your website to look.

There is a bit of a learning curve if you want to make some advanced changes to your website. This may take some time or you may need the help of someone who has Wix knowledge if you aren't a techy person.

Amy
Fondsenwerving, Zelfstandig ondernemer

You may not need coding for wix but it's definitely complicated none the less

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Customer service and helpful assistance when having issues with your site is just not there I would not recommend this company to anyone!

I love the variety of templates you can choose from it makes initially setting up the website very easy keyword initially.

I felt there were a lot of hidden fees. By this I mean you think you're getting a good deal when you first try to set up your website however it is very basic and rudimentary for the basic deal and you have to get up into the most expensive deal for any kind of extras you may want any kind of extras!! By the time I was done with what I thought was a basic website I was at their highest level of payment this was extreme disappointment being I was trying to run a fundraising website for my service dog and his vet bills. Also when I went to transfer everything to another site it was found not to be able to be copied. It claims you can copy it to another site but when we contacted support nobody responded back when we had trouble with the SEO nobody responded back they were not helpful in any way when they did respond back because they would just tell us to read the FAQ which did not answer our question. Customer service is extremely lacking!

Susan
Susan
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer

WIX Empowers Graphic Designers to Create Great Looking Websites

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: WIX makes building a quality website with multiple marketing tools affordable. For under $300 a year you can get a full-on website, CRM dashboard (like ZOLO), marketing tools (like Mail Chimp), calendar app, scheduling, online stores. I literally have built a 6-page website in a day. WIX has great customer support and will walk me through steps if I need any help.

As a BFA graphic designer and marketing consultant, until WIX came on the scene I had to rely on computer Word Press tech people to build my client's websites. I never was happy with the restrictive specs and boring look and feel. WIX modern templates can easily be customized. The drag and drop text blocks, strips, gallery templates, videos, forms, and more can be added and manipulated quickly. WIX has a lot of apps to add on - as well as SEO - get found on Google wizard tools. I no longer have to pay a 3rd party for the part of the website build. Adjusting the mobile version is also an intuitive process. Win-win website software. PLUS, it includes CRM tools, email / content push templates, analytics, and more.

One feature I miss is being able to do text wraps around images. They explained to me - that if they included the feature it messes with the auto-conversion into the mobile version. Which makes sense. Also it would be great if I had a media library I could use across all of my websites. Each site has its own media library. I understand Square Space has this feature, but it does not have all the other features WIX has I want.

Yulia
Yulia
Graphic Design Specialist in VS
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

All-in-one website builder for small businesses

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I've been using Wix to build websites for small businesses for about two years. So far so good, you can design beautiful and selling pages with it.

Wix is a highly functional drag-and-drop website builder that covers most small business needs for digital presence. It has a lot of templates to start building your website with, but they are also very customizable. Wix seems to be the best for building sites on which you can sell services and appointments. It's also great for selling physical products and creating event pages. It also has in-built email marketing tools, which helps to save budget.

Unlike WordPress, Wix is not great for building large dynamic websites or e-stores. Even though there are many plugins, you're still very limited in what you can do with Wix. The builder gets heavy and takes a lot of time to load and make changes. Besides, you cannot have many people working on the site simultaneously.

Kristen
Co-Founder in VS
Industriële automatisering, 2-10 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Incredible Website Building Software!

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have overall had a very positive experience with Wix. It’s increased sales and efficiency for our small business and helped us increase our online presence and reach new customers.

This software makes it incredibly easy to build a website for your business! As a small business, we are very thankful to have tried Wix. It has a lot of features and a very user friendly interface and design. It’s modern, straightforward, has a well developed app, and has amazing customer service. I couldn’t be happier with this software! It has beyond exceeded my expectations and helped me create a beautiful website for our small business that has helped increase our online presence and sales.

I don’t have any complaints - it’s been amazing!

haseeb
Digital Marketing executive in Pakistan
Schoolleiding, 51-200 werknemers

Wix review

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I had a good experience with Wix. I think it's a great platform for people who are looking to build their own website, but don't have much experience. It's easy to use, and they have a lot of options to choose from when it comes to the design of your site. You can also easily add pages and blog posts, which is great if you're looking to keep things organized. The only thing I wasn't super impressed with was the customer service reps—they seemed kind of robotic at times.

What I liked most about Wix is how easy it was to get started. The platform is user-friendly, and the interface is intuitive. It's also really nice that Wix has a ton of templates for designing your website, so you don't have to worry about getting that part right. I'm really happy with how my site turned out!

I didn't like the fact that Wix didn't have a lot of features in the free version, and I couldn't get my website to load very quickly.

Ashley
Ashley
Agent Marketing Lead in VS
Verzekeringen, 201-500 werknemers

Easy to use, has many great features, and reasonably priced.

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, I highly recommend this product. There are very few additions/changes that I would suggest. And again, the price is more than reasonable.

Clean and user friendly interface for building from scratch or editing templates. Tons and tons of available options to choose from. (Colors, fonts, menus, etc.) Our websites don't look cookie cutter, they look custom built. Connecting your own domain is super easy! It takes only a few minutes and is up and working immediately. Access to all the features during building. Basically we can use all of the features (even if we have to upgrade to premium to use them live) so that I can be sure that we really do want to pay for those features. On eCommerce site we can sell physical items and digital files. Ability to make eCommerce site a members only site. Forms are easy to use. (They could be improved a little. See Cons section.) Can edit the mobile site and the desktop site independently of each other without edits on one being applied to the other. Prices are very reasonable. Overall, Wix has taken a massive amount of work off my shoulders and still produces high quality, custom looking websites.

Google ad vouchers are a little misleading. They only apply to new Google Ads users. So we purchased an upgrade mainly to get the ad voucher and then read the fine print that said we couldn't use it because we have an existing account. Better options for reserving/booking. We rent out display items and really need a calendar that is accessible to users of our website so they can see when display items are available in their area and when they are checked out. Better options for customizing auto emails to those that place orders. The majority of the email is not editable and doesn't really fit our needs. More customization and ability to copy and paste forms. I built out a form and realized I had put it on the wrong page of the site. I was not able to move it from the current page to the correct page. I had to delete it and rebuild it on the correct page. I would also like to be able to store the forms so that I can use them on other sites rather than having to rebuild each time.

Erik
Owner / Producer in VS
Muziek, 2-10 werknemers

Great for artists and start-ups

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I keep coming back to Wix over Squarespace is because the pros outweigh the cons. It’s a lot of work to get things looking and functioning exactly as you want it to, but once it does then I can genuinely say it pays off in the end.

After years of coding my own sites, I took the plunge into Wix. At first it was to create a quick site for a musical we were producing and we got a deal for starting up. I must admit I was expecting a lot of limitations in design and not enough features to make it worth a full web campaign. I was surprised to find out how well Wix worked on many levels. Design: I have always felt boxed in with templates like Wordpress, but Wix allowed a lot of freedom in creating the look and feel I wanted. SEO: Wix had quickly established itself as a solid and reliable web creation platform that our search rankings were immediately higher than I’ve ever had.

My biggest dislike is with the mobile layout function and layout. I do like control of what you can see on mobile verses desktop, but I wish there could be more options. Also, because it’s not a dynamic template, you need to create two different layouts (desktop and mobile) which doubles the work time. Some may prefer this, but where it hits me is when you make a change in the desktop, any edits you thought you locked in on the mobile side are lost and you have to spend time making fixes. I wish there was a dynamic option that allowed for just one layout, but I guess that’s why there’s Squarespace.

Briana
Briana
Marketing Operations Manager in VS
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers

Good enough for business websites that don't require complex builds or functionality

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: For businesses that do not require eCommerce functionality (purchasing goods online), I would say this is a great tool to get a beautiful website up-and-running in little to no time with all of the basic functionality needed to provide a good customer experience. I cannot speak for the eCommerce side as I have not had a client with these requirements but am curious to know how functional their tools are.

There is no real "onboarding" required for a tool like Wix. You can get a website skeleton stood up within 10 minutes or so, and the process for upgrading to a Premium account is painless. Migrating domains over from other providers (like GoDaddy) was surprisingly simple and was processed much faster than their anticipated wait times. I have built Wix sites for 3 separate clients at this point and have had no major issues to date.

This tool is not for experienced web developers, or at the very least does not allow them to customize the site properly in terms of proper HTML tagging. The SEO tool is too surface-level to allow for true optimization of the site. For instance I have recently discovered the nav bars across all three of my sites are not properly being picked up and indexed by Google, which is really affecting our SEO. There is no pre-built option for this in Wix and, as I am not a true developer, it will be challenging for me to fix on my own. The other small issue I have is with the number of email addresses that can be included on form submission alerts. Even for a premium account you can only have two people notified when a contact submission comes through, which is aggravating for an org with multiple people that need to be aware.

Zandrich
CMO in Zuid-Afrika
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

Wix: Web Development Bulwark

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My experience with Wix kicked off when they launched their HTML platform in 2012; a year later, I would find myself using Wix to study HTML by dissecting pre-built modules and whole websites in order to gain insight into their operation - then appropriating that knowledge to my own projects. By late 2015, I was firmly established as a freelancer, offering web development as a service to my clients; it was then that I realised some projects need not be built from scratch, but instead were better suited for Wix - I used my existing knowledge of HTML, paired with the Wix platform, to build clean, fully-functional websites for my clients in no time at all, cutting costs and saving time for both myself and my clients. More recently, I've utilised Wix to help establish a presence on the internet for two of my startup companies. I am very satisfied with Wix overall, and, as both developer and end-user, I've found no fault with their services over the course of six years.

Wix was designed and developed with untrained users in mind, people who work in fields unrelated to web development as a whole - the result is a simple, easy-to-use platform for basic web development, all without the need to spend two (or more) years mastering the HTML, Java, CSS and/or PHP languages. Overall, Wix has had a profound impact the success of small/medium startups, and will continue to disrupt the market by providing a means of developing beautiful websites to entrepreneurs for years to come.

The greatest downfall for Wix, and any similar service, is the nature of the service itself; using templates and ready-made code in order to work around building the website from scratch has as many benefits as it has downsides - for most, the functionality provided by Wix is absolutely sufficient, but for others the need for specialised functionality not facilitated by Wix will require hands-on coding and building. Wix has been working around this problem by making the code accessible, and providing a more-than-adequate editor with which to amend the pre-written code, all the while expanding on the available code behind the tools a user can implement on a Wix site - ultimately, though, Wix does not support the full functionality behind HTML, Java, etc. that one would have access to when developing a website from scratch.

papa arona
warehouse officer in Senegal
Magazijnen/opslag, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

incredible website builder

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Wix Templates are ready-made website templates that you can customize to make your own website. This is really the strong point of Wix, they offer an impressive gallery of Site Templates classified by Categories, for any type of activity.
The Wix editor is easy to use.
The editor works in true drag-and-drop mode which gives you a great freedom of creation. You can place the elements absolutely anywhere on the page. In terms of design, Wix is simply the best editor I have tested so far.
The Wix platform provides technical means to implement the SEO strategy that you have previously defined.
Another originality of Wix that I appreciate is the possibility to add features to your website as you need them. You simply pick applications (also called Widgets) from the App Market provided by Wix or other external providers.
These applications enrich your website with additional tools and services such as an image gallery, a blog, a news feed, a list of Facebook fans, Twitter...
The integration of an application is very simple, and is done in one click! This gives a real added value to your website.
You can create a good quality Blog with Wix by activating the Blog module on a page. There are 6 predefined layouts for the Blog, but you can customize a lot more.
The article editor is nice and well designed as you can see in the image above. It is very easy to add text, images or even video.
The online help is easily accessible from any element of the editor.

- Clean and professional design. - Easy to create. - Very affordable budget, good quality/price ratio - Intuitive tool and quick to learn. - Presence of basic site optimization parameters (SEO) - Range of applications to add features to your site (eg: booking, email marketing, calendar, ads ... etc) - Easy contact management with Wix's holistic contact management

- No access to the HTML/CSS source code - No email address associated with your domain name - In case of design change, you have to redo all the content - Wix doesn't provide the analytics for its free plan.

Vitor
Vitor
Webdesigner in Brazilië

Great solution for beginners

4,0 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Great experience overall, I was able to build a website in 2 days, make it good-looking, and set-up all the tools I needed to get customers to reach out to me.I had to keep my website constrained to their limitations in terms of design and functionality, but it was fine for a basic website like mine.

The tool is relatively easy to use, as you start building your website using the features that Wix provides you also start to get used to how they work.It is very easy to build up a simple and good-looking website, you also get a few templates that can be used as a starting point.The website management side is absolutely awesome, you can very easily manage new form submissions, questions, live chat.Analytics is another important piece, and you can easily access the information of your website visitors, even in real time.Wix provides a native iOS/Android app that helps you with keeping track of all the website information, so you don't necessarily need to be in front of your computer to see and respond your customers.Support is quick and helpful, the attendants do their best to answer questions, even the ones outside their scope of work, I felt like they really cared about resolving my issues.

While Wix is easy to use, and perfect for beginners, more experienced website developers might find it limiting.Wix is not like a blank canvas, you must keep their constraints and limitations in mind to prevent possible frustrations.There is no place to edit the element's CSS code (at least on the basic plan), you have to use their user interface to implement changes and adjustments to the elements, if there isn't a specific settings to change a property, forget it, you won't be able to change it.The asset library is limited, I couldn't find many images that could be used in a professional looking website, instead I had to look for better images on stock photo websites.