Helpt Belgische bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over Box

Box is een modern platform voor contentbeheer dat transformeert hoe organisaties werken en samenwerken om sneller resultaten te bereiken.

Meer informatie over Box

Easier to use than Dropbox. Better customer service.

If you don't know what "folder" a document is in - or even its exact document name, the search tool can be very difficult, and almost useless.

Beoordelingen van Box

Waar voor je geld

Box heeft een totaalscore van 4,4 van 5 sterren op basis van 5.296 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Box eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (5.296)

Przemek
Przemek
Lead, Infrastructure Specialist in Polen
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 10.000+ werknemers

The best solution for content management

5,0 7 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall I am very happy with the Box. I work with files for several hours every day and doing this with Box gives me a lot of satisfaction from smooth tasks. I would not replace Box with any other competitive tool such as OneDrive.

I really like that box controls versions of stored documents and stores all previous revisions. This makes it much easier to work with documents that require frequent updates by many people. The tool is very intuitive and easy to use. Controlling and granting access is not difficult. The adaptation of Box in my department was practically one day and did not cause any problems.

Box seems to be complete and it's hard to find any shortcomings, but I had a hard time integrating Box with GitHub and setting up file sharing. This required providing many settings that were not entirely clear and required clarification. Later, the process of approving these settings by Box took a while and I think this is the field for improvement.

Rhia Roxanne
eLearning Designer in Filipijnen
E-learning, 51-200 werknemers

Organising Tons of Large Files

5,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

That it's easy to use from different gadgets - laptop, mobile and easy enough to use. I also like that it is not hard to share it with different types of emails whether for work, personal unlike others.

I can't think of any because most of it's features are really similar others. Apart of course from it's diffirentiator.

Timothy
VP in VS
Milieudiensten, 51-200 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Customers not important to box

2,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Discontinuing service. See above.

Unlimitedspace. With no extra charge. Multiple file types supported

We had requested flexibility on our licenses since our staff increases and reduces between 90-100 people. Our admin accidentally added licenses before removing some leavers resulting in an accidental increase in the licenses. Box would not reduce the number by 3 licenses even though this was a clear mistake. They tried to make us pay for the remaining period of our 3 year contract. This resulted in a waste of several thousand dollars when we were in cost reduction mode. Canceling. There are many equivalent services with better customer support and lower pricing.

Miha
Executive Director in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Box is a great file storage, sharing, and collaboration tool.

4,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, the last 4+ years the tool has been really helpful for our organization. We also feel more secure adding files in Box that are sensitive vs Google Drive, so we use this as a backup up location for these types of files.

Cloud storage of files that are also accessible in the cloud and desktop. Ability to limit access across staff, project teams, and internal or external organizations. Large capacity for file storage at your fingertips.

Some features are not as thoughtout as other tools: renaming large amounts of items like photos, moving files from one folder to another, and many times links shared to outside orgs and emails dont work the first time.

Jamie
Partner in VS
Administratie, 11-50 werknemers

Box useful tool

4,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Updates are easy to track. Can restore older versions.

Cannot edit access files within Box. Can lose files if connectivity crashes. Had problems with more than one person editing same file at same time.

Christopher
Founder in VS
Juridische dienstverlening, 2-10 werknemers

Small Business Essential Tool

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Tool that is a must have for any business collaborating online.

Box is an out of the "Box" easy to use product from start to finish.

Licensing model for small business' is pricey.

Svetlana
Executive Director in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers

Secure and Convenient document storage

5,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Box has been a robust data storage software and has streamlined our file storage process.

The system is easy to implement and use. The software is secure and allows for multiple users to access files from multiple devices.

The name is very similar to Drop Box which can sometimes be confusing for new team members.

Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 51-200 werknemers

box review

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: it has been ok. not the best but still doable.

i like how i can find all my files in one area, update them, and also share it with my coworkers.

sometimes, it is very slow and takes really long to load.

Rob
Assessor in VK
Sport, 201-500 werknemers

Box, good , but could be better

4,0 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I use it regularly and find it useful but would like to see some improvements to make it more user friendly, easier to navigate and easier to upload files

Its a great place to organise files for workforce, share files and store files

If you don't use it regularly or are new to it, it can be hard to fathom or navigate around it.

Leonardo
UI/UX Designer in Portugal
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Great for Content Marketing on Startups!

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: When we started our business a few years ago, we did not have enough capital to spend on tools or rather we wanted to invest in more important equipment. That is when I got introduced to Box. Their product quality and security are as good as Dropbox. We never had a security breach or lost a file, and since we offer content marketing services, the number of files we upload and download monthly is too many.

The speed to download and upload every single file

It is not as good as Dropbox, but if you are starting your business and want to save a good amount of money it is an ideal choice.

Kalina
Research Programmer in VS
Computersoftware, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Very straightforward

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I use Box Sync pretty much for two purposes, though perhaps they're not the target use cases the developers had in mind! 1) I use it to send files to myself between computers. I have a desktop and a laptop, and it's a convenient way to share large files between the two. For small files, I often use email, but that has size limits. With Box, I can just upload a file on my laptop, then immediately go to my Desktop and download it. Easy peasy! It's even more convenient than using a flash drive. 2) I use it for sharing collaborative files, i.e. PowerPoint presentations that I'm giving with multiple presenters. It's not perfect, but it's the best way that I've found for keeping large PPTs, with multiple presenters, in sync (when I want to use PowerPoint and not Google Slides). I coordinate with the other people so that only one of us is working at a time, and when the one person is done and their changes are uploaded, the next person can take a turn at making edits. PowerPoint does have "auto-sync" functionality but I've found that using this Box method is even better!

The software is very straightforward to use. It's a simple interface. In its most basic form, it's just a place you can upload, download, and share files. If you are a (slightly) more advanced user, you can set up "Box Sync" so that a folder on your computer automatically syncs with Box. This is awesome to use as an automatic backup!

There's not much to dislike, but if I had to nitpick, it takes too menu menus and clicks to do things like (1) delete a file, (2) share a file, and (3) sync a file/folder. These are pretty much the only three things that I ever want to do, but they are hidden behind like 3-4 clicks and menu options.

Narasimhan (Nari)
Narasimhan (Nari)
Chemical Engineer in VS
Research, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Excellent enterprise class cloud storage and workflow integration software

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Mostly it is a very stable and secure cloud backup tool, great for workflow and content management in groups.

I used it and introduced it to my research group when I was in grad school few years back. We also ended up getting a larger size account to fit our needs. University purchasing handled the financial side of it, but I'd like to think our recommendations for enteprise scale buys were taken heed. BoxSync when used in conjuction with a box account does a great job of doing automatic backups on the cloud, that also help in access from different computers/collaborators simple. It can handle large file sizes (5 GB file upload limit) for most work, has excellent integration with word processing for online document editing. Note, I have not tried very large single file uploads yet, the largest has been a movie file of 750 MB. Recently they added notes feature which is useful for commenting while sharing files. Mostly it is a very stable and secure cloud backup tool, great for workflow and content management in groups.

I dont know if they ever had a referral program unlike dropbox. No other major drawbacks as a user. By default, it sends a lot of emails whenever anything is changed in the folders. turning off that feature took a while to figure out for me.

Vertalingen en lokalisatie, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Good Free Version but expensive Business options

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Storing documents in the cloud as a back-up solution, sharing documents with collaborators and clients.

Uploads and downloads are fast, sharing files or folders is easy, as an editor or viewer, and it is easy to use.

The Business options are expensive for small businesses since they require you to purchase multiple licenses, not only one. If you get the Individual license you are not GDPR compliant, thus it turns out to be expensive for SMEs.

Alhassan
Research Coordinator in Ghana
Management non-profit organisaties, 11-50 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Box is the perfect all-round solution for all file management needs

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I initially struggled to get used to their folder structures and access controls and preferred to assimilate and integrate them into the existing product I was already using. But after insistence from the team, I was forced to learn and adapt to Box. After a few days however, I started to get the hang of things and ended up using it just as much as I did my original product. I also find it more suited for smaller project teams than the alternative I was already used to.

Real time file syncing across all linked devices and accounts is truly amazing. It makes team collaboration in these times of remote working extremely efficient. And we no longer have to keep transferring documents to and fro as email attachments, which is not as secure. The comprehensive audit trail records also makes backtracking and management of unauthorized access and activity very simple.

Setting different access privileges for individual team members with access to shared folders can be a bit confusing. The process could be made a lot simpler with a tabular entries with individual columns dedicated to each access level.

Schoolleiding, 501-1.000 werknemers

Smooth and feature-rich

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I use Box to backup and sync shared projects. I appreciate the fact that my contacts can set up a fully-functional Box account for free, something that makes it considerably easier to bring them on board. The interface is intuitive and easy to use, so you get started in a few minutes and then are good to go. The web interface helps you learn about collaboration features that make your work more productive.

While most of the time I just use Box as a way to backup and share files on the cloud, I have occasionally used its collaboration features and I find them amazing. Team members can exchange messages, views, links regarding a document that is being drafted. Some of these functions were gradually added to productivity softwares like Office, but you are bound to use OneDrive to have them (and I don't want to be captured by a specific cloud storage provider).

The desktop client has had occasional crashes from time to time, but I am unsure whether this may depend on my side (e.g., Windows updates that need some days to be "digested" by the Box software). Overall, I find this product stable and reliable. In my limited experience, I cannot think of any major feature that is not already included.

Priyansh
Priyansh
Owner in India
Animatie, 2-10 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

A reliable and secure data storage solution for us

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I have been using Box for my data storage needs for the past year and have been extremely impressed with the platform. Overall, I am extremely happy with my decision to use Box for my data storage needs. It has exceeded my expectations in every way and has greatly streamlined my workflow.

Not only is it user-friendly and intuitive, but it also offers top-notch security measures to protect my important files. The interface is straightforward and easy to navigate, making it simple to upload, organize, and share files. They offer a range of tools that make it easy to work with my team and clients, such as the ability to leave comments and track changes. They uses robus encryption and multiple layers of protection to ensure that my data is secure. Supports a wide range of file types, including documents, images, audio, and video, making it a versatile solution for all my data storage needs. The mobile app makes it easy to access my files on the go, which has been especially helpful during the pandemic when I've been working remotely.

However, there are a few cons to consider. One is that the pricing can be a bit steep for smaller businesses on a tight budget. Another is that the platform can be a bit slow at times, especially when uploading large files. Finally, there have been occasional issues with syncing, which can be frustrating when trying to access important files on the go.

Ali
Ali
Information Technology Adviser in Azerbeidzjan
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers
Bron: GetApp

Overwogen alternatieven:

Transfer and share files easily and securely in the cloud

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: One of the first options in transferring our files and offering in the list of required and recommended items to companies and organizations that we consult. If you have different meetings and need different files in the meetings, safely create a secure cloud space of your files in the box because one day it will come in handy. Having a backup on the secure cloud storage is always life-saving, and experience has shown that floppy disks, CDs, and flash drives and computer headers are not enough for a successful business.

I like the simplicity and good features and the appropriate speed of Box platform, you can easily transfer files from any device to the cloud storage space of the box. I like its speed and security, you will not feel any strangeness with the software. E-Signature make it more secure and Integration with lot of apps is wonderful. The cost and price is very reasonable and economical compared to the many features it provides to the user.‌ Data Loss Protection is great.

The graphic design of the dashboard should be simpler and more tangible and can be changed to the liking of the admin, Also a feature in the dashboard should be added to display the status of shared files and folders, and the latest status of views and downloads to be clearly and simply visible to the admin.

Mary
HR Director in VS
Research, 11-50 werknemers

Easy file sharing from desk, laptop, phone...

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I love Box and tell everyone I interview about Box. We are a 70% remote group and depend on Box for sharing information and collaborating on projects. Applicants ask, "How do you manage a dispersed work force?" and "How do people maintain a sense of team?" "Box," I say, "is a big component."

1. Sharing files is simple, no matter who you want to share with and no matter from what device. You can share a document with someone inside or outside of the organization without giving up control of the document. No need for someone outside of the organization to upload any software in order to access the shared document. 2. As an HR professional I find Box to be a great tool for collaborating with hiring managers. I set up a system for resume sorting that allows hiring managers to see just those resumes selected for their review, and allows the manager to move the candidates ahead in the hiring process, or not, as desired. I can then take action based on their actions in Box. It's very efficient. As a small business we do not need expensive, extensive stand-alone software for applicant tracking. Box allows us to record our decision making process 3. Largely intuitive, but in case you need a bit of help, the webinars and how-to videos are very easy to follow. 4. I can access, read and send documents from my phone. Very helpful for those moments at the beach when you realize you forgot to send a document to your boss. It's happened.

1. I work mostly from an old Mac. I find some of the interface less smooth than from my PC. For example, when I create a Word doc within Box while using my Mac, the Mac defaults to Text Edit instead of Word. I suspect that's user error, though.

Ricky
Manager, Operations and Finance in VS
Farmaceutica, 11-50 werknemers

Robust Cloud Base System

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We changed to Box awhile back to move our storage from internal servers to a cloud base system so we could easily access our files from anywhere. It's given us a lot more flexibility as we can work on our files from anywhere with internet access. It encourages us to try to do everything digitally and go green. Box overall is a great product for any business or individual who's looking for cloud storage.

1. I use the Box Sync feature on a daily basis on my MacBook. Box Sync allows uers to sync folders/files from Box Cloud to your finder so it feels like your just working from finder but it's being backed up the cloud! It's a simple and convenient way for me to access and organize our box files using finder. Our company has a lot of folder/files so I just sync the folders I use the most and I have quick access to my files. Box cloud also has a Box Drive feature which is similar but has one downside which I mention in the Cons section. 2. With Box Sync it's easy to know when your files have been sync to the box cloud with the file icons. 3. Sharing files to internal or external users is simple. Sharing files include a lot of features based on the security levels you want. 4. Another great feature is that it integrates our DocuSign software (e-signatures). I can easily get files signed electronically through Box and not have to log into our DocuSign software. A very convenient feature as I have to get a lot of files signed electronically on a daily basis. 5. Lastly, we basically have unlimited storage!

1. One con about Box Sync is that it doesn't seamlessly sync files in finder as Box Drive does. There is a slight delay, sometimes a minute or two to sync to the cloud. However, I have to rename a lot of files and I can't just select a file and click "enter/return" on my MacBook to rename files with Box Drive. So I've stuck with box sync for now. But it would be nice if Box Drive would let me rename files easily. 2. I noticed is sometimes when you preview a file it sometimes takes time to load. It's sometimes faster just to open the file to view it which doesn't make sense when a preview should be faster. 3. I noticed is that the name length view is fixed when viewing on the box cloud. Therefore if you have a lot of files in a folder with the same name but different ending, you see all the files with the same name because the end of the filename is truncated. So you aren't easily able to see a specific file other than clicking one the files. At least have a feature where you hover your mouse over the file and it displays the full name of the file or something. It shouldn't require extra clicking just to find your files. 4. It does have a max file size of 5GB

Mona
Office Manager in VS
Rechtspraktijk, 11-50 werknemers

4 in 1

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: This experience has left me feeling mostly satisfied and impressed with Box.
They have a great idea here and it saves time in a variety of situations. For me having a document already imported saves a lot of time, I don’t have to go and search for it or try and remember where it’s stored. If I have a question I can ask and receive an answer without leaving Box.

This is one of the best because it’s like having 4 in 1. Cloud management, collaboration, assignment schedule, and electronic signature with Box Sign. It’s not too expensive and all the things I get are used daily. It couldn’t be easier to use for electronic signatures, the documents are already in Box so I don’t need to send them out. I don’t have to directly share something for others to see it, but I can share directly if I want to and it’s easy. There is a message board that can be kept open and assignments can be created and scheduled. Box can open Adobe or PDF, Word, and Google Docs files, it’s opened or read all files I’ve imported. This is secure enough to use for legal documents or client records, it’s protected with encryption and requires little monitoring.

Box Sign is easy to use but it’s not as good as it could be. I don’t think the cloud storage management is the best, the other ladies at the office agree. File versions became lost and the overall manner of storing wasn’t great.

Manmohan
Manager in India
Grafisch ontwerp, 501-1.000 werknemers

A Must-Have for Efficient File Management

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: As a professional who deals with countless files and documents every day, I have come to rely on "Box" software for efficient file management. This cloud-based platform has made it incredibly easy for me to store, organize and access all my files from any device, anywhere, anytime.One of the things I love most about Box is its simple yet intuitive interface. It's incredibly easy to upload files, create folders and share them with colleagues, clients, or partners. With the ability to set permissions and access levels, I can control who sees what, and ensure that my files are always secure.Another feature that makes Box stand out is its collaboration tools. With the ability to comment, edit and work on files in real time, I can easily collaborate with team members on projects, without having to worry about version control or conflicts.Box also offers a range of integrations with other tools I use on a daily basis, such as Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Salesforce, and more. This seamless integration has made my workflow much more efficient and streamlined.Overall, I highly recommend Box software to anyone looking for a reliable, secure, and user-friendly platform for file management. Its robust features, ease of use, and flexible pricing options make it a top choice for businesses of all sizes.

1. User-Friendly Interface: Many users appreciate the easy-to-use and intuitive interface of Box software. It makes it simple to upload and organize files, create folders, and share files with others.2. Collaboration Tools: The collaboration tools provided by Box software make it easier for users to work on files in real time. Users can leave comments, edit files, and work on projects with team members without worrying about version control or conflicts.3. Integrations with Other Tools: Box software seamlessly integrates with other tools like Google Drive, Salesforce, and Microsoft Office, which is helpful for users who use those tools regularly. This allows users to work more efficiently and streamline their workflow.

1. Limited free storage: The free version of Box only offers 10GB of storage, which might not be enough for some users. The pricing plans for additional storage can also be a bit pricey compared to other cloud storage options.2. No file syncing: Unlike other cloud storage solutions, Box does not have a native syncing feature. This means that files must be manually uploaded or downloaded each time, which can be time-consuming.3. Steep learning curve: While the interface is intuitive, some users may find the advanced features and customization options a bit complex to navigate at first. It may take some time to get used to the software's full capabilities.

Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Reliable Cloud Storage

5,0 vorig jaar

I've been using 50GB of BOX storage to hold a collection of PDF work papers and ebooks served to Calibre reader. Every change on Calibre updates the cloud storage and syncs. Also, every new document saved in BOX end up in Calibre automatically. So far it has been a reliable place to save and store my files, with easy to use management functions. The desktop app is also very simple as any cloud storage app must be.

Free space provided is very small for today's needs, but other than that there are really no other problems.

Staci
Social Media Manager in VS
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

The best cloud storage on the web!

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: One of the best continual investments we've made with the company. This platform has single-handedly help us acquire new clients and projects, thus increasing the bottom line.

This is the most robust cloud storage platform on the web. Having been a client for over 10 years, there has been continued improvement to accessibility and security from the company. The ease of accessing files and sharing with others is second to none.

Absolutely nothing was below par. We love it and continually use it daily. Even the mobile app is fantastic!

Anthony
Senior Analyst in VS
Nutsbedrijven, 11-50 werknemers

Box- A Business Solution For Storing & Retrieving Important Documents

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Box has been a great solution in my workplace for storing and retrieving important business related documents. As a contract analyst, I would frequently use the software to download stored regulatory documents and check to see if there were recent changes to the terms in our existing contracts. Being an energy business we service both electric & gas customers in multiple different states. Because of Box, it was easy to check on the status of these contracts on both a commodity and state level. If all this information was on a stored system drive instead, we would be bogging down the system because of all the storage usage. Since Box stores these documents on their secured server, it alleviates the need to use precious resources that can be utilized elsewhere by providing you with the additional storage space. Overall, I am very happy with Box and have no complaints about the software as it fully met my needs whenever I had to use it.

Box offers a centralized hub that allows users to effectively and efficiently sort through important documents for your organization. The ability to create separate folders makes it easy to organize documents on a departmental or functional basis. Sub-folders can also be created to further sort documents into the existing folder. Downloading a stored document is simple and seamless, allowing users across the organization to have quick and easy access to important files. Uploading a new file is just as simple, and only involves browsing through your files to attach it and adding a few descriptors. The software is password locked, meaning it is a secure option for those looking to protect sensitive business information. There are also features that indicate the version history of a document, so you can make others aware of important changes if a document needs to be edited or updated. Additionally, there are permissions which will allow you to customize who can view and access certain documents.

The only complaint I have about the software would be that I wasn't able to view previous versions of updated documents. Sometimes I would need to compare previous versions of contracts and I'd find these missing when the document was updated. However, I'm unsure if this was due to the software itself or a configuration set by someone else inside my organization.

Telecommunicatie, 501-1.000 werknemers

Simple to use, but with some improvement opportunities.

4,0 7 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Box is easy and quick to use; it is so user-friendly and intuitive. They provide you with short tips in popup messages. This interface is excellent to requests signatures, as it notifies you once everyone has signed your document. I like that you have a free option to use which is 10 GB of storage, which is enough if you make sure to delete files you do not need anymore.Box has some improvement opportunities regarding the signing process. Overall it is simple and easy to use (no tutorials needed).

Box is simple and quick in terms of sharing documentation, requesting signatures, uploading, and editing content. I love how customizable are the signatures as you may just drag the signature, seals, and date of signature options. Also, the storage capacity you get for the free option is very reasonable (10GB). If you desire to have a customized price for your needs, Box also offers other options with good prices.

When you share a document, your coworkers do not get notified in their Box dashboard. They need to check their emails in order to notice that they got new shared content or signature requests. I'd rather prefer that each of us gets notified in Box, as always as we are logged into our accounts. Also, you may not receive your notifications in your primary inbox, but in "Promotions" or Spam.On the other hand, once you request signatures and you get notified everyone has signed the document, you'll have to create a copy of it for you to sign. I would prefer to sign the original document, instead of Box creating a copy of it, so I can sign it too.