PHP Point of Sale reviews

Gemiddelde scores

• In totaal
  • Klantenservice

Over PHP Point of Sale

Met PHP POS voor Mac, pc, iOS of Android betaal je niet meer dan $ 34/maand per locatie voor geavanceerde functies die nodig zijn in de huidige retailmarkt.

Meer informatie over PHP Point of Sale

302 reviews worden weergegeven

Bryan L.
Store Manager
  • Beoordeeld op 17/4/2018

"I have been using PHP Point of Sale for over 3 years now. I am very happy with the value and support"

Pluspunten: Great support, if you have an issue they will take care of you. It is so comforting to know that there is a real person that will help you out when you are in a jam. They are also innovating, they don't rest on there past performance. I always see new features that I am happy they have added.

Minpunten: I am very happy with it. However, if I had to chose something it would be better accounting for a whole business picture of your performance.

Wilfred L.
Marketing Manager
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 8/11/2016

"Great piece of POS software!"

Opmerkingen: We have used this software since Day 1 of our company InfinityMeals. I'm a PHP techy but my associates who are not so IT inclined were also able to use it easily. We use it in our restaurant to punch in orders and track our inventory and generates sales reports for analysis of products purchased. We wish there are extra features like further customization to the receipt to reduce the length of receipt printed. Printing out a kitchen copy. Store a sale, associate it to a table number to be retrieved later for final payment. Another huge feature would be to calculate the sales for the date and equate it to the amount of raw ingredients that has been used for proper inventory. Wishful thinking. Another feature would be to customize an order like. Order combo 1 with a sandwich and a salad with a particular drink and it would automatically list it on the receipt and the deduct it from the inventory. Other features for centralized server.
Having a central server that retrieves sales information from multiple branches and consolidates it into once server.
Having an offline mode then reconcile the sales to the central server for general reporting. An API so we can develop our own interfaces and use premade functions in PHPPOS Once those features are incorporated then I would totally pay for the extra features and mark it a straight 5/5. Thank you so much for the software and looking forward to grow with it as much as possible.

Pluspunten: Simplicity
Ease of use
Great User Interface
Straight forward functionality

Minpunten: Rapid updates. :)

Alex A.
head of Operation
Luxeartikelen en sieraden, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 31/8/2020

"THE SOFTWARE IS A WOW"

Opmerkingen: it has made my business grow with ease

Pluspunten: the software is very easy and friendly to use,

Minpunten: any feature anyone can ever imagine in a retail shop is already embedded in the software

• Beoordeeld op 31/8/2020
Rick H.

"Ricks Picks Review"

Opmerkingen: Chris is great to work with! Without chris I could not deal with this Service. His help is valued
The best possible value for what you get - thats for sure
I see this cloud service in this infancy. It needs a lot of upgrades.
My biggest issue is that it is not a system designed for a fast pace retail store - with a line of customers.
What I do like is that ti is very easy to edit sales and fix them after the fact
The reporting got better but stilll needs work
The Layaway/special order function works but not perfect.
The way the financial numbers are handled needs to get updated a bit. For example - if you do not put a cost in for an item immediately then statr selling the items, the system does not look back in history to calcukate the true profit, it assumes it was zero until the cost was put in, sometimes you have to sell something before you know what the cost is...

Pluspunten: I already wrote it before

Minpunten: Already wrote it

Odhran M.
  • Beoordeeld op 12/6/2020

"The best POS ever made, fact!"

Opmerkingen: Point of Sale, Online Store, Stock Control, Profit/Loss Reports, Best Sellers, Loyalty Scheme, etc

Pluspunten: We've been a customer for over 5 years and we are 100% satisfied with this POS solution. I can't recommend it enough. Every feature you could possibly want is included and if it isn't there's a high likelihood that [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] will implement it in a future update. The fact that it also syncs to WooCommerce is a life saver, cutting our workload in half.

Minpunten: No cons, faultless software, reports, stock control, loyalty scheme, it has everything neeed.

• Beoordeeld op 12/6/2020
Brandon R.
Religieuze instellingen, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 8/11/2016

"Great Product. Great Support"

Opmerkingen: PHP pos offers a robust user experience: slick interface, excellent sales and inventory tracking, and intuitive ease of use. Training employees to use the software took practically no time! Customers love the account features that allows history searches and store credit lines. My favorite feature: first rate customer service! Tech support responds quickly and thoroughly. And new feature requests often are met in the next release build. I highly recommend this mature platform that has made store management simple and efficient!

Pluspunten: Customer support--trouble tickets resolved quickly and personally. Feature enrichment grows by orders of magnitude with each release.

Minpunten: Maybe offer a video tutorial or other resource(s) on using the software for admins. Your interface is highly intuitive, but someone new to POS transactions might not understand, in principle, the rich value of all your PHP pos software capabilities. Your support forums are a great starting place for troubleshooting. I'm thinking more in terms of feature tutorials.

Chad R.
Kunst en nijverheid, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 8/11/2016

"Great Affordable and Easy POS"

Opmerkingen: We've been using PHP POS for about 3-4 years now and love it. It was reasonably priced and it had all the functions and features we needed. Have never had any problems with it and even when we upgraded to Windows 10 they're tech support was quick with a fix and we were up and running again within a day. Hope to keep using PHP POS for many more years.

Pluspunten: Price for what you get, good support. Reliabble software.

Minpunten: Would like more customization of fields (chance names and be able to delete extra fields we don't need when adding items...) We use it as for our consignment shop for artists, so it works but if we could customize it, it would make it even easier for volunteers to use too.

Balazs B.
  • Beoordeeld op 27/1/2020

"Great software, excellent support"

Pluspunten: Very comprehensive feature list, fast support

Minpunten: Nothing negative about this solution. Very happy

• Beoordeeld op 27/1/2020
Ahmed A.
Software Developer/Owner
  • Beoordeeld op 20/4/2018

"I really enjoyed the user experience .. its easy to navigate and setup"

Pluspunten: The setup was easy and straight to the point. I also liked the product entry process. It allowed me to scan products directly.

Minpunten: There was a few cons when it came to customer rewards. The user interface was ok but needed some work.

Geraldine P.
Co Owner and Account Manager
  • Beoordeeld op 18/4/2018

"Easy to learn platform with access to customer service at your fingertips. Would highly recommend!!!"

Pluspunten: In my case I love the ability to manage inventory and decide easily when a order for more parts is necessary. By always having parts we are always making money.

Minpunten: Not being able to use it on your phone or other stations are hard to set up. I wish it was easier to use in other locations.

• Beoordeeld op 18/4/2018
Ben S.
Managing Member
  • Beoordeeld op 17/11/2016

"Robust, intuitive, and cheap for the small business!"

Opmerkingen: I came across phpPOS while researching different POS systems when we were first opening. Suggested by a user on /r/smallbusiness, we were seeking a POS option that allowed us to utilize categorized products for our own stock, consignment based sales, and reporting features. Another caveat we held was that the POS was within our "limited" budget at the time -- phpPOS fit all of those needs, and more. We purchased, and two years later still use, the stand-alone version of phpPOS which fit our needs perfectly. We only use one register, but all staff have their own unique password protected logins and we can easily backup our inventory, sales history, etc. to an external drive. For larger businesses that require concurrent registers, etc -- you may want to consider the online version instead. Very happy with phpPOS and would definitely suggest it to other small business folks out there looking for a robust yet affordable POS option.

Pluspunten: - detailed inventory options with categorization
- ability to separate consignment sales and suppliers
- product / service separation
- good reporting options
- can customize with knowledge of php
- extremely affordable
- stand-alone product -- service outages don't affect your sales!
- item-grid compatible with touch-screen (we have too many items, so don't utilize this feature -- but it's there!)

Minpunten: Very little cons. Never had any major issues, nor had to resort to customer support. The POS is intuitive enough to figure out on its own. Gift cards can be a little confusing at first.

Chris L.
  • Beoordeeld op 15/4/2017

"Best value for the money... best value even if they charged more"

Opmerkingen: This system is amazing. The value you get for the cost of this system is hands down the best out there. You can spend 5 to 10K dollars and get suckered into NEC products that don't perform half as well. PHP POS provides so much above and beyond in the realm of customer service that any of the other people would charge you out the ear for. We have been using PHP POS as a hosted solution for a year and what little support we have needed has been immediately delivered. I know I am costing myself money here but they need to raise the price of this product. They are selling too cheaply.

Pluspunten: This product does everything a small brick and mortar store needs. It handles them well. I run this system as my own hosted code so the team has created software changes just for me. You will never get that kind of customer service from another vendor.

Minpunten: There is very little about this system that is a negative. You are narrowly focused to a few Credit Card suppliers but that has expanded and I suspect will continue to do so. It does run in a browser so you do need to be sure to follow specific instructions and use firefox.. which is no big deal. I still use chrome and IE when I don't need the receipt printers.

• Beoordeeld op 15/4/2017
John R.
Detailhandel
  • Beoordeeld op 29/11/2016

"Fantastic software for my firing range!"

Opmerkingen: We went through several demos before deciding on PHP Point of Sale. It's ease of use, and the ability for us to locally host it, and price made it the obvious choice. We've had over 16,000 transactions, 6,500 unique customers in the past year, and haven't had a single problem. Even the upgrade was seamless. The few times we've had questions, they offered exceptional customer service and has been quick to offer help whenever needed, but so far, we haven't had any issues. We are running the system on an Atom powered 1U rack server with Windows 7 Pro 4GB of ram and an SSD drive. We run daily backups as part of the daily close out of the register. We have 3 concurrent sessions running all day, and during peak business that runs up to 5 sessions. Using our own VPN, we have no issue using the system at remote trade shows with a laptop and 3G/4G hotspot. Using just a simple magnetic card reader, we have no issues taking credit cards in the field. The software is EMV compatible with the latest version but we have not implemented that feature yet.

Pluspunten: Easy to install, very stable, and fast (running on dedicated Windows 7 Pro atom machine with SSD)

Minpunten: Would like to be able to add custom fields to customer database. I know it can be done with a PHP developer, but would be nice if that was an option natively.

• Beoordeeld op 29/11/2016
Mari C.

"Excellent Customer Service"

Opmerkingen: We use the software for costing and inventory management since we are an online shop. While changing hardware, I couldn't figure out how to bring over the data. The customer service I received was unbelievably great going above and beyond. Using the software is fairly straight forward. There are a couple of annoying bugs but the next version promises to fix that. Comparing the value for the price, this is a good buy. I recommend this product.

Pluspunten: Ease of use. Customer service.

Minpunten: Days to expiry: Having to manually count the number of days leading to the expiry date. I would like to be able to enter the expiry date stated on products and have the software calculate the number of days so that we can run a report listing products expiring in x days. Kits: When creating a kit, the individual product cost appear, but afterwards when looking at a kit, the product costs are hidden making modifying a kit time consuming.

Willow F.
  • Beoordeeld op 8/11/2016

"After 3 years this POS software still makes my life so much easier."

Opmerkingen: I started with PHPPOS about 3 years ago when I opened an art supply store. With thousands of sku's to track I needed an easy platform to use. I found PHPPOS online and gave it a try. It is incredibly easy to use both in function and design. I haven't needed help often but when I have the support has been lightspeed fast. I chose to download and use the software on a local server as I do not want to be at the whim of my internet connection. The cost of upgrading to a newer version is so small that it is worth it. The latest version has so much more that you can do with stats. which I am really getting a lot out of. There could always be more but I am super happy with how much value and ease this has brought to my business.
Willow Friday
Iron Oxide Art Supplies
Nanaimo Canada
www.ironoxideartsupplies.com

Pluspunten: It is easy to use, reliable, aesthetic and intuitive.

Minpunten: There are a few things that could allow me to be more efficient when using it for example, if I could choose what line the screen landed on after adding a product. Or if I could choose which lines were mandatory or not to fill out when adding products.

Liz M.
Admin
  • Beoordeeld op 17/4/2018

"Excellent features for the price!"

Opmerkingen: Ability to access the program from any location and device! Customisation, ease of use - everyone can use it even our technologically challenged staff!

Pluspunten: So easy to use, large amount of features including the ability to add photos, edit items in bulk, price scaling/ tiers, control duration of sale prices, emailing a copy of the invoice to customers, CLOUD based - this feature has been my life saver!
Ease of introducing a scanner, till and label printer to the program, excellent customer service who actually take your recommendations seriously and even implement bona fide requests that would serve everyone! Ability to customise. The price is what drew me initially and has kept me using it!

Minpunten: If somehow it could be integrated into any website to save me doubling up on managing inventory. Other than that at this stage your team has done a fantastic job! I've recommended this to all business owners I meet!

Jesse C.
  • Beoordeeld op 8/11/2016

"Good POS but needs to grow with new fuctionality"

Opmerkingen: PHP Point of Sale is a good web based and mobile software that matches well for small and midsize businesses. While the interface is clean and intuitive, the integration features to any major eCommerce platform is non-existent. We use PHP Point of Sale for our brick-n-mortar store, but have to maintain separate inventory from our online ecommerce solution which requires extra time and manpower. I recommend you throughly test the PHP Point of Sale application and see if it meets our needs. I'd like to see more features and functionality deployed and tested at a faster rate. The updates are far and few between. I would recommend to small businesses. When you're at the point of 1000+ skus and you're business grows, you made need to re-evaluate your business needs.

Pluspunten: Interface (Clean and Concise)
Great IPad App / Mobile
Useful Features

Minpunten: No integration with BigCommerce, Shopify, Magento, or Woocommerce at this time
Product Import (SKU's) need to be enhanced

Mitz L.
Detailhandel, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 14/12/2016

"Hard to beat PHPPOS"

Opmerkingen: Trying to convey away from the traditional Point of Sale system, we decided to test PHP Point of Sale. We were very impressed from the moment we started using it. Compared to the many different software we tried, we found PHP POS to have the best user interface. It is perfectly laid out, making the workflow very easy to understand. We also found PHP POS to be the fastest most responsive out there. Carrying out transfers and sales was very easy and logically delivered in the system. PHP POS also gave us the necessary reports for our staff. One of the things we liked the most about PHP POS was the ability to have it installed on our servers. None of the web-based software we tried allowed us to do that. When it came to customer support, PHP POS would answer our questions in a matter of minutes. The developers are also always on top of customers recommendations as we posted a few requests and they were added in the subsequent version. The only thing that PHP POS fell short for us was in its ability to add GL accounts to complement with a Financial software. Other than that, PHP POS is the best one out there. It can quite well adapt to many different applications in the retail industry.

Pluspunten: Everything. It is very well built software.

Minpunten: It does not have the ability to add GL accounts

• Beoordeeld op 14/12/2016
Raghu Y.
Ui developer
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 23/12/2018

"Ultimate product for reports generation"

Opmerkingen: PHP Point Of Sale gains a monetary for our business to track the reports at real time extremely high end product with lots of features in it, the items and inventory can generate reports based on sales. This program works great for businesses that use cash, check, or account numbers for their sales. For my business needs, it's gaining my business to huge thanks for php point of sale .....

Pluspunten: PHP point of sale is mainly used for reports generation unlike other softwares, php point of sale does it all work at one place, we can sync with apps that you already use like QuickBook, Square, and Woocommerce. To boost our business in no time ,extra clean format of dashboard can be maintained to the end user ie.. reports generation. Quiet easy with this software, php point of sale is a best product to recommended to small and medium-sized businesses people to track their levels of business in graphical format.. thanks for php point of sale

Minpunten: No cons till now php point of sale has to improve one basic source is when ever product is sold on daily basis or item can't be checked try to improve this overall good product

• Beoordeeld op 23/12/2018
Charlie B.
Detailhandel, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 17/4/2018

"Great tool for the price. It streamlined the worst bottleneck at the shop."

Opmerkingen: It streamlined customer checkout by allowing us to open a second (or third) register during busy times. For event days, we grabbed a deposit bag and a smartphone or tablet to take care of registration while the main desk remained our standard cash register setup. It saved a lot of time and confusion.

Pluspunten: PHP POS is easy to use once the initial setup is done. I could train someone to use it in a matter of minutes, as opposed to a couple of hours on our old system. It also allows easy lookup of products and sales receipts as well as offering a variety of report formats.

Minpunten: The initial setup on our server took a little bit of effort. Also the cash-in-till tracking wasn't working for all registered users. (That could have been a configuration error on my part, though. . . still haven't figured it out.)

David O.
Business owner
Computerhardware, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 8/11/2016

"Best pos I have ever used"

Opmerkingen: Chris and the team are amazing. When I first got the point of sale it did just about everything I needed. I had one issue and Chris added it in the very next version. I made more suggestions and just about everyone was added. I live in Australia and I have even had Chris call me once to sort out and issue. I got the feeling Chris thought it was was a very important issue to fix which is great to see. I am so impressed by the software that I am currently in the process of maybe selling two more copies to local businesses.

Pluspunten: Features are add quickly on request and the support is fast and really good

Minpunten: It's based on a tax system that is not local to me but the team made adjustments and added features which to sort this out. I would also like to see less need for a mouse.

Eugene N.
Technician / Technology Advicer
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 17/11/2016

"A Happy user of 4 Years of using PHP Point Of Sales"

Opmerkingen: Start using PHP Point Of Sales in my on computer repairs business, been a happy user for most of the time due to the software functionality, stable and easy to use. Also it is on the affordable pricing; as a small business , software pricing is very important. Along these year had been introduce PHPPOS to client, they purchased it and we deploy it for them. Can see PHPPOS is growing into a mature software, our repair business had been grow together with different version of PHPPOS although we are not actively in the forum.

Pluspunten: simple, easy; straight to the point. that is the beauty for a small business usage no fancy not necessary function

Minpunten: no function of click/drag an item into to create a bundle and just display a final price instead of pre-create a package first then start sell it.
Quotation/ Estimate never show as Quotation, it still show as Sales Receipt

Susan M.
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 8/11/2016

"Greatest Value Point of Sale system anywhere!"

Opmerkingen: We are a small cooperative grocery store all run by volunteers. I am continually amazed at the functionality of this package and it is priced at a fraction of other POS systems. Most of all, the dedication of the owner, Chris Muench is amazing. I have called for support at all times of day and night, including weekends, and he is always there, cheerfully talking us through the solutions. We literally could not have grown this far without this software.

Pluspunten: it is easy to use, stable, and gets the job done. It has way more functionality than we are using. Chris is always there for us and has helped us understand many of the intricacies. The low price is amazing. We could not have afforded the other products on the market.

Minpunten: The things we find lacking are the ability to integrate with a scale for the products that need to be weighed and a good "how to" manual so that we can easily learn how to use all of the functions that the software can perform.

Sophia W.
Systems Administrator
  • Beoordeeld op 2/1/2019

"Absolutely Amazing Point of Sale"

Opmerkingen: Phenomenal; and that's not hyperbolic at all. We are in the process of opening two more retail businesses and know for certain we will use PHP Point of Sale for each of them when we are ready to open. By far the easiest part of setting up a retail shop is dealing with the folks at PHP Point of Sale. Thank you for all the help getting started!

Pluspunten: Support: Their support team is incredible! They go above and beyond what we expected.
Ease of Setup: Our systems administrator said she loved getting this up and running and that getting set up with WooCommerce was simple.
Ease of Use: Straight forward and well documented when you run into any snags. We had our Point of Sale up and running well before the slow credit card processing companies even thought about helping us.

Minpunten: Bitcoin Support: Quite literally the only negative I can think of is not being able to accept bitcoin payments (although, you can still tag them as cash sales if you prefer). It would just be nice to have that integrated natively, but it's really not a deal breaker.

• Beoordeeld op 2/1/2019
Corey H.
  • Beoordeeld op 20/4/2018

"Easy to use and customize for my business needs."

Pluspunten: This software is easy to start using, and offers a lot of features that I use everyday. The inventory management system is great to see what is in stock and what needs to be reordered. The customer system provides everything I need to manage my customer base and provide loyalty rewards. The ability to access the software from anywhere helps a lot when I am out and about.

Minpunten: Recently, the barcode label system was reverted back to the old system. I appreciated the ability to skip labels on the barcode sheet, as sometimes my batch printing would reuse partially printed sheets. I would like to see the option to skip labels added back into barcode sheet printing.