Gemiddelde scores

• In totaal
  • Klantenservice

Over Confluence

Confluence is een open en gedeelde werkruimte die mensen verbindt met de ideeën en informatie die ze nodig hebben om hun beste werk te leveren.

Meer informatie over Confluence

1.892 reviews worden weergegeven

Missions Coordinator
Management non-profit organisaties, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 2/1/2019

"Helpful Tool"

Opmerkingen: Overall I would recommend using Confluence, but would caution people on how they rollout the new platform to their company. Ensuring that the expectations are communicated clearly for how the platform will be used, by whom and the frequency, are very helpful things to communicate when preparing your team to switch.

Pluspunten: The interactive features of Confluence serves as the best feature and function of this platform! Our organization is relatively small (20-30 employees) and is a Foundation that interacts with other nonprofits in the area. As a result we had many touch points in the community through various teams and often time what we were doing would get lost. In an effort to improve our internal communication our organization adopted Confluence as a means of servicing our company. We used the blog feature heavily which proved to be the best method of communication internally and cut down on the amount of emails adding to the clutter in our inboxes. It also allowed discussions to happen seamlessly and served as a point of reference for folks to easily access when needed.

Minpunten: It wasn't always very user friendly. Our organization consists of a variety of ages, so the way that people have engaged with technology is also varied. There are times that adding spaces or pages have proved to be a challenge for those who don't consider themselves as "technologically savvy". There was a bit of a learning curve for me in learning to how to use the software, but the customer support team was helpful in walking me through difficulties. The mobile function also wasn't the best depending on how users have different spaces setup.

• Beoordeeld op 2/1/2019
Senior IT Engineer
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 14/1/2019

"An excellent documentation service that has saved me on many occasions"

Opmerkingen: My coworker and I use confluence extensively to document all of the work that we perform. As IT staff many issues that we come across will be repeated ad-infinitum. As such to simply be able to look up the fix from any location with internet access increases efficiency many times over. The notification ability helps all users to see what has been changed, when, and by whom providing an excellent level of accountability.

Pluspunten: It is extremely easy to create a large number of documents, it is possible to reference other documents within them to facilitate ease of research, and documents can all be put into sub-folders to contain them within separate trees to aid with organisation.
The mobile app is extremely useful for reading documentation whilst on the go - an example would be that we keep Video Conference details on one page that I have favorited, as such when I set up a VC from any location I am able to rapidly find the correct details to dial.
The search functionality allows for extremely quick location of relevant documents. On many occasions I have not been able to find what I need looking through the lists, only to immediately find it on the first search. Indeed I no longer look through the list as the search is so efficient.
When changes are made to documents it is possible to set it up to notify other members of the team so that they are able to see what has been done.

Minpunten: The only minor issue I have discovered with confluence is that when creating new documents setting the location is not as smooth as I would like.
Specifically I need to begin creating the document, then select "Move" and finally put it into the desired place. This does not really cause issues as it is still a quick process, however a one click setup would be appreciated.

• Beoordeeld op 14/1/2019
David M.
Senior Engineer
Research, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 7/8/2019

"Wiki Engine on Steroids"

Opmerkingen: We are using Confluence as our internal documentation storage system. It allows us to easily create documentation and share it among our various teams while controlling access to the teams. It is better than a document storage system for this purpose, as it allows us to create the documents on the fly, cutting a step out of the process and making documents easier to manage. We host it on site, so it is more secure than a solution like Google Docs as it's not on the web.

Pluspunten: We use Confluence on a daily basis to document various aspects of our organization. There is a large variety of built-in templates for a variety of sorts of documents. We heavily utilize the how-to articles to record procedures. Although it does link with other Altassian products, like Jira, we don't use that functionality currently as we run Confluence on-site and Jira in the cloud. The upgrade to version 6 greatly increased the usefulness of the product, as it brought in concurrent editing, ala Google Docs, which was functionality we needed when developing procedures for an event as a group. The search and indexing capabilities make it easy to find a document if its location is not obvious.

Minpunten: Search and indexing can lose usefulness in the event you have many similar documents, like say a checklist that is executed often. I would like a function to be able to click a check box to "ignore results like this." The initial setup of Confluence was not completely straightforward, however, we were installing on an older version, version 5. (The upgrade to version 6 went much smoother.) I would prefer an omnibus install package if it doesn't currently have that rather than having to install PostgreSQL and the application. The LDAP integration could have been a little bit smoother than it was, although it is in line with the other Atlassian products I have integrated.

• Beoordeeld op 7/8/2019
Computersoftware, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 13/8/2019

"Powerful wiki software"

Opmerkingen: Confluence has become the place for us to collect information, across our business. We use it document our processes and policies (the access controls prove useful there), and our development teams use it on a daily basis to record the outcomes of discussions and to share knowledge.

Pluspunten: Confluence does a good job as a tool for writing, organising and viewing all kinds of documentation.
It's fairly wiki-esque, but with a more intuitive editor for pages that should make it easier to pick up for new users that might be more familiar with, say, Microsoft Word.
As an Atlassian product, you can expect a full set of tools for managing access to different pages and areas across your organisation, making it more appropriate for enterprises than more basic wiki software that doesn't always provide the same level of control.
Another advantage is the high level of integration. 'Macros' allow users to include a variety of rich content, and are customisable. Examples of integrations include JIRA, Trello, Microsoft Office, G Suite, and more. The 'Atlassian Marketplace' can be used to find and install more macros.

Minpunten: Although the editor is easier to use than the markdown used by a lot of other wiki software, it can occasionally be frustrating to work with. Not all macros and formatting settings behave exactly the same, so while you'd be able to fix these issues directly in markdown, you can end up trying out a bunch of different tools before you find the one you need to achieve your goal.
As with all collections of articles, organising pages can become difficult. The software itself provides basic tools that allow you to define a structure for your pages, and these work well, but it still requires considerable discipline as your use of the software scales up.

• Beoordeeld op 13/8/2019
Arturo M.
Developer
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 5/9/2019

"Best documentation tool I ever used"

Opmerkingen: I use this almos daily and I think it is a great tool for team performance. It allows to create and view all the info in no time and pretty well structured.

Pluspunten: The main advantage about Confluence is that is part of the Atlassian Suite which involves Jira and Bitbucket among others. This makes pretty easy to integrate them and add quick references to a jira issue with just write the reference number.
The text editor in Confluence is pretty complete, allowing to create really decent pages for any kind of documentation desired. The possibility of create nested pages makes really easy to organize the information in "chapters" "sub-chapters" and so on, giving your documentation a really neat look.
This feature also allows to segregate the information, so you can have your product's documentation on one place, perfectly organized and set another "Chapter" for your team info, where you could store info about code conventions, timetables about overtime or availability, and so on.
Confluence is also useful in order to create software designs, since it allows to create pages where you can paste your diagrams and so on and allows to discuss on them by adding comments or remarks.
And the Watch utility keep you posted via e-mail whenever a page you're watching is modified in any way so you can keep track of a discussion or whatever.

Minpunten: So far didn't find any big issue with confluence. Maybe for beginners it has a bit of learning curve and some option like the page nesting and so on is a bit difficult to learn. Besides that, I think is a pretty complete software.
Something I miss is the possibility of "downloading" a page with all nested ones into a pdf. That would be a great feature in order to generate documentation files.

• Beoordeeld op 5/9/2019
Panagiotis K.
Founder & Managing Director
Mediaproductie, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 17/9/2019

"Great documentation platform for both intranets and customer-facing hubs"

Opmerkingen: The experience I had the last 9-10 years that me and my colleagues worked with Confluence is excellent. The document editor works smoothly even from the mobile app that is offered. There are many article templates to choose from when you start creating an article, from decision making documents to marketing strategy forms and solution focused how-to pages. Confluence supports a lot of media types in the pages, so it's easy to create helpful articles with video, audio, images and many more like attention panels, embedded spreadsheets, etc. You can even embed the contents of one section of a page to another page, so that if you change that it reflects the change in all the pages that the section was included. Which is great for customer support and of course technical documentation. Did I mention that you can create as many different wikis as you like? Confluence calls those "spaces" and it's a great way to keep things separated. I use different wiki spaces for my employees handbook, customer support, app manuals, design documents per project, etc. The possibilities are endless and having them separately helps with security between different roles in the company and outside of it.

Pluspunten: Confluence, especially the new cloud version, is one of the best tools to use for documenting your knowledge-base. The best parts for me are: - The ability to connect my articles with to-do tasks from project management (Jira from Atlassian, same company, so they work like a charm together).
- The articles I can contain any media types, from spreadsheets that I can edit in-line to videos. There are also a lot of native panels to help anybody create very stylish articles with usability.
- In-line and footer comment sections help my team discuss and develop documents all together, without losing any of the discussion history.
- The ability to also keep an internal blog. I use that to inform my colleagues for the day-to-day developments, and keep everybody on track with high ideas and management efforts.
- All of the above can be also used as a customer-facing knowledge-base, to serve your customers with documents, operation manuals and help articles. Very handy if you use it together with the service desk solution from the same company, but can also be used stand-alone too.
In general it's one of the best choices that I made when I was searching for a documentation solution for my company and my clients, back in 2010. Almost a decade passed and Confluence is still growing better and better by the time. Atlassian the company behind Confluence is now huge and offers many solutions that integrate with Confluence, making it an even better choice if you use other tools from them.

Minpunten: I can't find any cons to Confluence. After all there is no perfect solution, only elegant ones depending on the problem one tries to solve. Atlassian is offering a trial period so anybody can see if Confluence is good for their company's documentation needs. From my experience, it would be bad to start a trial before you hove some really motivated people in your team and some content to put in there. Because it would be better to test Confluence with something that you would use in your company, so that you see first hand the pros and cons while your team works with Confluence with material that is close to the true material that you would put in there. If I was to change one thing it would be the way it recognizes internally any of the pages I create, so that Confluence doesn't have any issues with pages with same titles. That would be a nice time saver and space saver in the outline of any wiki one creates.

• Beoordeeld op 17/9/2019
Ajesh G.
  • Beoordeeld op 12/9/2019

"Finest Documentation platform"

Opmerkingen: Confluence gave better documentation compared tot he old text files so that more readable format. The integration of images and diagrams make the documentation more user friendly.

Pluspunten: Confluence gives best documentation platform for your projects. We can categorize based on different projects and sub projects. we can create links to another pages which is very useful to route to another document without searching for it. we can see all the documents related one project in one section. It gives you wide range of features to include images and diagrams to make the documentation more useful. We can also subscribe to the pages so that anyone make any changes we get notified.

Minpunten: Confluence needs more integration with the CICD tools available in the market to make more automated documentation. confluence needs to provide to create diagrams for documentation so that users dont need to go for external software for that.

• Beoordeeld op 12/9/2019
Binujaya P.
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 15/11/2019

"The best documentation platform"

Opmerkingen: This is amazing software with close to zero disadvantages. It corresponds with Jira which is great, also provides documentation, you can create pages, see notes related to a specific theme, besides pages you can create tables, images, etc. I would recommend this software to anyone who needs a program that creates documentation. Also, they are looking to improve their software by making a lot of updates.

Pluspunten: Confluence has a lot of advantages and here are some of them. Confluence is part of Atlassian Suite which is connected with Jira and you can easily integrate them. This software provides a documentation platform for your projects. You can create links to other pages, see other documents that are related to some specific project, also it provides you with different kind of images and charts to make your document more powerful. This software supports everything starting from images, tables, diagrams, charts, whatever you need Confluence has it. Also, another thing that is worth mentioning is that you can see if anyone has made any change to the document and if it has you will get notified.

Minpunten: There are not so many disadvantages, to be honest, this is great software, maybe a bit hard for some beginners, but not too hard and you will have to spend some time on this software to know how it works. Another thing that I don’t like is that they are changing Confluence non-stop. They are doing updates most of the time and changing the software. I understand that they need to make changes for better but that can sometimes be annoying because you know something where is it and then they change it and add something else and you have to learn again.

• Beoordeeld op 15/11/2019
Jinan S.
Scrum Masters
  • Beoordeeld op 11/7/2020

"Jira is incomplete without confluence!"

Opmerkingen: Overall, I am very satisfied with the confluence. Multiple architects collectively decided to use that over Sharepoint. The key reason is the seamless integration between these two products (Jira and Confluence). For an example, by simply writing the issue key on confluence page would automatically create the link to Jira ticket while reflecting the status of the ticket. This would allow visibility for Release Planning, while allowing you to write an appropriate decisions such as Go-No-Go on the same page.

Pluspunten: Confluence offers pretty good UI for creating excellent documents (requirements or design). It does support pretty much all features of Microsoft word for creating a great documentation. Between all Atlasssian products, if you are tight on budget, I would suggest you to get Jira and confluence combo. It’s indeed great tool combo for the remote agile teams to work together due to their seamless integration.

Minpunten: One thing that I loved on the share point that’s not great with confluence is integration with the Microsoft office products. To be very frank, I feel this is not a big drawback as now a days, web interface is pretty much replacing the traditional interface.

• Beoordeeld op 11/7/2020
Praveen K.
IT Analyst
  • Beoordeeld op 20/10/2020

"I highly recommend this product for all corporate companies."

Opmerkingen: Overall I'm very happy with this product, without confluence it's impossible to maintain the knowledge article in our team.
It helps everyone across the team. Thanks to the confluence team for such a wonderful product.

Pluspunten: It comes with rich features, below are a few features which I personally liked: 1. Documentation: When there are some important knowledge articles that need to be shared with the team, we use this tool. It comes with multiple options to make the page feels catchy and rich, it also allows us to attach the images. 2. Search Functionality: When there are 1000s of confluence pages, and if I want to access the page containing a specific word or a line, the search engine works like a champ it finds the pages almost immediately, this feature really helps me in easing my office work. 3. It displays the name of the person who had created the page and last modified person name, this helps to know whom to reach out to when we need additional info pertaining to the details as written on the page. And if required we can add the approvals, thus whenever someone edits the document without your consent changes won't reflect others until you approve the updates. 4. Like and Comments: Similar to social media, readers can either hit like if they like the content or they can mention their feedback in the comment section, this feature really helped me while suggesting something to the author or express my thanks via a LIKE.

Minpunten: There should've been an option to keep the page in draft before publishing it. But unfortunately, there is no such feature in confluence.
Apart from this, I didn't find any other flaws in the software.

• Beoordeeld op 20/10/2020
Sridhar R.
Chief Technology Officer
E-learning, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 30/11/2020

"Easy and Simple Enterprise knowledge base and document management system"

Opmerkingen: Confluence is really good for organizing all of your company/teams requirements related to content, document, knowledge management and file management. Its a must for any company which is dependent on content and content based activities.

Pluspunten: From the word go, our team was able to jump start and create a solid knowledge base for our entire enterprise. Being in Education and E-Learning domain - content is the heart of our business. Managing content created by various teams inside company, partner contributions, freelancers content is extremely crucial and critical. Some of the most important features of this product for us are: Document Management, Knowledge base, Version Control System, Structured Pages, Search

Minpunten: Confluence product does content related work really well. But that's not enough as we have grown in last 3 years and so are our requirements. Integrations with forms, data collections, Kanban board, tasks etc have become kind of a must rather than good to have features. We are currently on the premium plan and $10 per user for just managing document and collaboration seems little too much, specially when there are products which provide much more for less.

• Beoordeeld op 30/11/2020
Nadiv T.
Customer Service Emergency Hotline Employee
Consumentenelektronica, 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 5/1/2021

"Confluence: the hub for knowledge management"

Opmerkingen: Overall, I use Confluence every day in my work to keep my (and my organization's) knowledge base relevant. I use to it to collaborate with other employees for improving internal processes, as well as for communicating important current info (such as outages or key developments). Confluence is unmatched in its search functionality, and allows my organization to keep its knowledge base completely streamlined.

Pluspunten: I use Confluence as a customer service employee. We have a vast amount of procedures for managing internal systems, as well as for applying systems to actual contact with customers. All of these procedures are stored and maintained in Confluence. What helps me the most, is Confluence's super-advanced search functionality. Essentially, I merely have to type in a relevant word, and Confluence will list all the applicable articles. This allows me to find a relevant procedure for a specific situation in seconds. Another important feature to me is the commenting system. I collaborate with users who create and manage articles. When I see info in an article that's outdated or incorrect, I can leave a comment, and the article manager will get a notification. It's easy to collaborate in this way and keep information up-to-date. Lastly, the permission schemes help with keeping editing (or even viewing rights) limited to the relevant users. Within customer service this is important, as there are varying levels of authorization within our organisation.

Minpunten: In my opinion, the user experience and readability of the software could be improved slightly. The color scheme of blue/white/black isn't bad, but the layout tends to be somewhat messy. It could benefit from some streamlining, and perhaps more clear demarcation of elements within pages (such as more use of bold / italics, more variance in font size, and use of headers).

• Beoordeeld op 5/1/2021
Prince K.
Senior Consultant
Telecommunicatie, 10.000+ werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 19/1/2021

"Documentation Resource and Sharing"

Opmerkingen: Confluence is a nice tool to keep documentation organized as long as you remember where you're putting it (bookmarks). The tool is not sophisticated enough to provide ease of mind but it does provide a place to store documentation and the ability to share it or set permissions to intend on the correct people to view the items. Overall I as well as others use it but its also not the best and we all know it can be loads better in terms of features and formatting.

Pluspunten: The rich text central location of document storage and the ability to share based on permissions is a nice-to-have tool for large companies or groups. Utilization is tricky as every team or group will use it in their own way and organize their own way so even if you implement this in your company and you're browsing another department's documentation, you will find essentially that it is just their own internal documentation which requires a little bit of a lucky search to find what you're looking for. Essentially this is a glorified document cloud storage which allows version control, permissions, and sharing.

Minpunten: It is not much different than say any other software or tool available in this category. It has some nice features like version control and seeing a complete history of who made changes to what along with comments and a social feature to it where you can subscribe but honestly there is so much more potential here especially from a company like Atlassian. I just feel they really dropped the ball here by not implementing better integration with some other apps which are already available. Example is that their spreadsheet implementation is a nightmare. The formatting almost always behaves irradicably and it has the bare minimum when it comes to these spreadsheets. Why not implement at least at the base of other offerings? For a paid product, the level of quality is expected to be much more.

• Beoordeeld op 19/1/2021
Julián M.
Full-Stack developer
Financiële dienstverlening, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 24/2/2021

"Class-enterprise knowledge base software"

Opmerkingen: The best thing I achieved using this software was to integrate the concept of knowledge base with my business logic, and it really helped because they have a great documentation for starters, and they don't just learn to use the platform, but the overall concept regarding documentation management.

Pluspunten: The best feature that this has is the extended Add-In marketplace. You can find the proper Add-In to express your ideas in the best way: Coding, Images or illustrations, animated gifs or videos, and even forms inside the documents and pages. From a user perspective, this is one on the easiest knowledge base software in the market, and also you have the bakcing of Atlassian. The process of the integration with our existing business logic was easy because we didn't have a strict knowledge base, but Confluence gave us the foundations to build one from scratch.

Minpunten: The export tools and options you have inside the platform are not good. The data isn't portable, so you can't migrate easily to another platform in case you want. The installation process was complex, but today, they stopped producing self-hosted applications, so you are obligated to use their cloud services, and it can be a problem if the company has a strict data policy, like restrictions in the phisycal storage of the data.

• Beoordeeld op 24/2/2021
Tami S.
asst digital merchandiser
Detailhandel, 10.000+ werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 6/7/2021

"Confluence Review"

Opmerkingen: I'm in a subdivision within my org that is always changing and updating how we do things, and so do the divisions we work closely with. It's sometimes to difficult to remember the most up-to-date process for something, and we keep our confluence pages buttons up and current, so anytime i need to reference what a current best practice is it's all right there. I do the same for our working partners, so I know who to reach out to when for a specific request, and don't have to play email tag with a bunch of people telling me that's not how XYZ is done anymore.

Pluspunten: Confluence makes it so simple to build a knowledge base for your teams. Everything from project timelines, team breakdowns to trainings and procedures & references can be complied and shared out easily. The editing features can help you collaborate with others and the editing notifications come in really handy so you know whenever an update has been made to a page you're following or editing yourself.

Minpunten: The navigation, to me, isn't the prettiest thing in the world. I think the overall layout and design look a little dated. This doesn't effect the software itself, but the other tools my team utilizes have more of a modern look and feel to them.

• Beoordeeld op 6/7/2021
Brent w P.
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 19/5/2021

"Great documentation tool in conjunction with JIRA"

Opmerkingen: I have had an overall good experience with Confluence and it is easy to create and share documents. If you are using JIRA already I would recommend this.

Pluspunten: Confluence allows me to easily create documentation on projects that we also have in JIRA (And also content we want to collaborate on as a company)

Minpunten: It gets increasingly more expensive as you add more users. The learning curve to use is relatively high. The interface is not intuitive

• Beoordeeld op 19/5/2021
Vicente jose R.
Senior Big Data Engineer
Detailhandel, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 21/12/2020

"Useful for a large organization"

Opmerkingen: This is the best documenting tool I have used but I think it could be a bit better. It allows documenting and sharing between many collaborators, who need to be careful so things do not get messy (I wish Confluence did it by itself somehow). Sometimes it takes a bit too long to load.

Pluspunten: Confluence is definitely a good documenting tool. For large organizations, it helps with the documentation, that can be shared easily. It allows linking different documents, so that's very good when documenting many pieces of the same project. It includes a very useful search bar

Minpunten: You can get easily lost if people in the organization are messy. Sometimes it is not easy to navigate through all the pages

• Beoordeeld op 21/12/2020
Zuhairah A.
Senior Executive
Bankwezen, 10.000+ werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 30/1/2021

"Managing knowledge driven project with Confluence"

Opmerkingen: Storing all our technical document and knowledge at the same place help me to simply organizing all the important document. The text search tools help me to find a very specific keyword and showing only related result with related keyword. Document versioning help to track latest document version and not overlapping the document.

Pluspunten: Confluence providing a much needed space for knowledge driven project and to manage and track its progress. It is almost like a wikipedia for for all the knowledge and technical document implemented on our organization structure. The document stored can be tagged with comment and annotation to make it clear for any changes happen to the document and who has editing it.

Minpunten: One of the downside with Confluence is the document that are open can't be access by other user at the same time. It decrease effectiveness as no document collaboration can happen at the same time. They should make all the tools as simple as possible, too many tools offered with almost the same function will only introduce confusion for the user.

• Beoordeeld op 30/1/2021
Aminuddin B.
Information Technology Manager
Telecommunicatie, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 29/1/2021

"All infromation and knowledge in one platform"

Opmerkingen: Confluence help us to organized our company technical document in single place and easily search it back by using the text search. It is basically the wikipedia for our documentation.

Pluspunten: Documentation and document storing & sharing with Confluence is really well organized and manageable. Keeping technical documentation is a critical for us to have a fast response when error happens and we will have all the data and information by easily using the full text search. It has a customized storage drive that can expended with additional cost.

Minpunten: They should change and update the software layout, it is outdated and confusing to find a specific tools that i need. There are some service integration that i need to be link with this software, but unfortunately it is not supported and i had to change to other service to make it work with Confluence.

• Beoordeeld op 29/1/2021
Kedar mendhurwar C.
Sr. IT Security Architect
Telecommunicatie, 10.000+ werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 4/11/2020

"A must have documentation tool"

Opmerkingen: I spend on an average at least 3-4 hours on confluence everydays since past 6 years. It has become one of the most essential tool for us.

Pluspunten: I have been using confluence since past 8 years where I have used it as a user, managed it and also deployed it in several organizations. Confluence really changed the game of documentation and has helped teams build internal documentation in no time. Confluence cloud allows to make the documentation space more scalable. The solution is so popular it can be integrated with most of the solutions.

Minpunten: The customer support is not the best as Atlassian reliés more on the community support.

• Beoordeeld op 4/11/2020
Zuhairah A.
Marketing Communications Specialist
Internet, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 7/4/2021

"Very flexible collaboration tools"

Opmerkingen: Main issue that we have solved with this software is, sharing and giving access of document to certain user from various department. It help to protect the document and it will give insight if the document has been edited and the editor of the document.

Pluspunten: I really like that Confluence is very flexible in managing collaboration of documentation and task. Creating a document and stored it in the cloud storage provided by this platform make the sharing process of the document is very easy and flawless and the document will only circulated inside the software which add more security to the document.

Minpunten: The only thing that i have problem with this software is, the full text search is not properly constructed. Too many unrelated search result is returned and that mean it is not accurate. I need to scan the result manually to find the document that i need and that action is taking time and slowing me down.

• Beoordeeld op 7/4/2021
Andrew K.
Chief Operating Officer
Internet, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 4/6/2021

"Practical Option for Atlassian Users"

Opmerkingen: When paired directly with JIRA, the Confluence platform can be a very powerful tool in terms of organizing project documentation with active or archived projects. Unlike other JIRA add-ons, the ability to activate or deactivate the product at the individual user level makes it much more affordable and a solid value option. As a standalone product, however, Confluence falls shorts in terms of features and user interface when compared to other word processors or document cloud storage systems.

Pluspunten: Confluence is a great option for existing Atlassian users looking to seamless integrate an active knowledge base into their project workflow. With direct connection to the JIRA project management platform, Confluence allows you to connect existing users directly to relevant project documentation. Its base functionality is fairly intuitive for novice users, and its advances permissions schemes allow you to create a variety of admin tiers that can restrict access to relevant users only. The integration between Confluence and JIRA is as simple as checking a box in the user admin panel.

Minpunten: As a general word processor, Confluence can be a little clunky when compared to the UX of similar processors such as Word of Google Docs. While its advanced features can be very useful for more experienced users, available tutorials can be difficult to come by and are often outdated. Like most Atlassian products, the bounty of features, settings, and schemes can be very overwhelming to the average user and are not overtly intuitive. Document organization can also be very confusing, as there are a variety of options to choose from when creating parent and child pages.

• Beoordeeld op 4/6/2021
Terri K.
Senior Project Manager
Vertalingen en lokalisatie, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 25/6/2021

"Unified Documentation...finally!"

Opmerkingen: Coming from a place where we had dozens of documents split between Drive/Dropbox, switching to Confluence brought a lot of clarity and unification to several dozen engineers and customer support reps. Now everybody has access to the most updated information at any time.

Pluspunten: Copying everything over from where we had it was super easy!
Easy to include links and training videos.
Easy to decide who has access to view sensitive client information and account updates

Minpunten: I wish the documentation across different organizations was easier to switch between. Right now the Customer Support team has their own organization/viewing access but they have to switch out of it go to the Development/Product organization to access that.

• Beoordeeld op 25/6/2021
Luke A.
Client Services
Marketing en reclame, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 20/11/2020

"Best knowledge management and wiki out there"

Opmerkingen: If you use other Atlassian products, Confluence is the perfect complement. Because exporting documents is so bad, it works best if you, your colleagues and your stakeholders/clients all exist in the same Atlassian ecosystem.

Pluspunten: Highly configurable and easy to use document templates, beautiful interface akin to using Medium, and deep integration with Jira Software and Jira Service Management are the features I find most useful. Recent changes to Templates to enable you to quickly search and preview available templates is incredibly helpful, as inline commenting while editing and being able to quickly convert anything into a Jira issue. Being able to use Confluence to defer service management requests by offering reporters the option of self serving an answer to their question/problem is a stroke of genius.

Minpunten: It's beyond irritating that exporting documents as a PDF is so horrendous out of the box. I also find the concept of Actions vs Jira issues confusing. I consistently find myself missing actions that have been buried in Confluence.

• Beoordeeld op 20/11/2020
Steve M.
Dir. of Dig. Marketing
Management non-profit organisaties, 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 31/10/2019

"The Collaboration Platform You've Waited For"

Opmerkingen: We document everything in Confluence. I run a digital marketing team of around 20 people and have a total of 40 users in the tool (a few other teams besides mine use it). It's been a fantastic tool to get everyone on the same page and keep track of our how-tos, meeting notes, plans, goals, features/specs, etc.

Pluspunten: Real-time simultaneous editing
Ease of finding and organizing what I've written
Constantly adding new features
Integration with Jira and Trello is great, but also works as lightweight project management by itself

Minpunten: Honestly, they've fixed my biggest cons, like storage space (now you can buy a bigger plan) and they keep adding more things.
I think my colleagues would say there's still a learning curve, which is understandable, and I think Confluence has been changing the interface with more tips and features for new users (which is sometimes confusing for long-time users like me, LOL)
One big con is still the limited integration with MS Office. Confluence fully replaces the need for Word in most cases, so that's not a big deal, but I wish the Excel integration and/or the table functionality was better.
Also, printing is pretty tough when you have tables.

• Beoordeeld op 31/10/2019