Gemiddelde scores

• In totaal
  • Gebruiksgemak
  • Klantenservice

Over Slack

Slack brengt al je communicatie samen op één plek. Het is realtime berichten verzenden, archiveren en doorzoeken voor moderne teams.

Meer informatie over Slack

Reviews filteren (21.119)

Beschikbaar in deze landen

Beschikbaar in deze landen

Gebruik

Sorteren op

Heb je Slack eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (21.119)

David W.
David W.
Senior Scrum Master in VS
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 201-500 werknemers

The best remote collaboration tool I have EVER used!

5 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Slack is the easiest collaboration tool I've ever used. I am currently acting as Scrum Master for four agile teams, and it's easy to keep in touch with all of them and coordinate standups. File sharing is extremely easy

Slack is a user-friendly, robust collaboration tool that allows for quick setup and access to channels both public and private. Asynchronous communication is a cinch and the Mentions and Reactions feature allows for easy access to what recent messages you have received.

Due to Slacks' third party app space, there are some features that might seem to be missing at first but need to be found as a third party feature. This involves an admin or an owner having to approve the app being installed. This can sometimes be a bit of a headache on the admin end, as it requires going to obscure parts of the app to approve. It could be an easier experience.

Dayna D.
Busienss Develement Manager in VS
Marketing en reclame, 11-50 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Slack is great for remote teams!

5 4 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: This tool has helped us communicate as a team. It has helped us restore some type of "culture" in a remote workforce.

We love that you can see when teammates are in a meeting. Set up away notifications. Sync to our calendars. The newly added scheduled message feature is great so we can send messages within business hours (especially when someone is working outside of typical hours)

There isn't really much to not like. I haven't had many issues with the tool not performing but, occasionally the call feature can be a little buggy. (does not happen very often)

Jon B.
President in VS
Computersoftware, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Slack is essentially advanced texting for business users

3 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I started using Slack because my client required it. I find that it cuts down on my email dependence but I'm often frustrated when attempting to compose a message without standard elements such as tables, inline images, etcetrera.

I like the ability to stay in touch with our users via whatever device I'm currently using. For example, I can respond from my home computer, tablet, work computer or via my phone. I especially like the ability to be notified of a new message via my phone where I can read the message on the phone but can step over to my laptop to reply. I also appreciate the ability to add an email thread to a Slack Channel by simply adding a slack email address (each channel has a unique email address) to the CC field when I reply.

The biggest con for me is the extremely limited amount of formatting available to Slack messages. I can make a font bold and add links to files/images but I really miss the rich text features many similar apps provide. It's also frustrating to need to keep typing adding the user name(s) when I'm responding to a message. I'm assuming that this is by design but it would really be nice to be able to "Reply All" to a conversation thread. The desktop Slack application (running on Windows 10 Pro) has a "clunky" feel to it. It's written with a framework that allows the Slack developers to write HTML and JavaScript code that is essentially compiled into a Windows application and it definitely shows. Something as simple as selecting text is counter-intuitive (until you realize that it's essentially a web page mascaraing as a Windows application.

Samantha M.
Senior Business Facilitator in Filipijnen
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

Slack offers seamless Communication across the organisation and value for money

5 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Overall Slack is a great platform for teams looking for seamless communication across the organisation and value for money.

Slack is one of the best platforms available for team communication. After using it for almost 3 years now, it provides our organisation with real-time and seamless communication and offers the most value for your money. Through Slack, you can instant message your team for a quick ask or direct message a specific member for any questions. You can also share files easily by uploading or you even connect your Google Drive/Dropbox to share file links. You can also have fun communicating using emoji's or just share fun GIF's to your team. The free version offers all the features needed for team communication but if you want additional productivity features to level up your communication like communicating with outside vendors on your workspace, then you can definitely opt for getting paid plan. Slack is a very intuitive platform and user friendly.

Slack is a great tool for communication across teams but it does not offer any project management features.

Sourabh S.
Sourabh S.
Software Developer in India
Computersoftware, 10.000+ werknemers

Slack makes business communication easy, efficient and engaging

5 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I have enjoyed every bit of using slack, it gives me a feeling of using a robust yet state of the art communication platform. Hats off to the folks at slack, keep the good work going !!

It has carved a new segment in business communication and remote collaboration. Right now it is the gold standard as far as combining email and chat go. The User Interface is peppy and fun. The User Experience is very intuitive and efficient. We can edit messages that were sent without much noise. Love the slackbot as well it is very effective if used correctly. There are some really cool geeky features like Marvin etc which add the much needed spice to the remote work environment.

I haven't seen/used a native audio or video calling feature on slack, there are some advantages of having 3rd party video conferencing integration support but an inbuilt audio and video calling would have made this an absolute front runner in its segment. There should be a feature to notify when someone has logged in back to slack.

Angelo L.
Angelo L.
Scrum Master in Dominicaanse Republiek
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

Best App for Software Development Teams

5 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Slack is great, is the best app in its cathegory integrating with 3rd party apps.

What I like the most is the architecture of information in the app, the ability to create different channels per project or purpose enable users to work in an organized way. Also de User Interface and usability of the app is amazing.

What I like least is the pricing, you need to pay US$7 per user to enable collaboration of full team. Some users just answer messages on Slack, others use all the features.

Todor T.
Todor T.
Support Engineer in Bulgarije

Better than the others

4 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: It works. It helps better with notification and content management. It is wonderful that you can work on your own add-on and make integrations for alerts from production systems, other companies, enormous archive even with the free version.

We are easily reachable. Slack works everywhere and usually doesn't miss a second to notify. Easy contact management, continuous collaboration with other companies, integration with Google applications and even Zabbix.

The Windows and Debian clients can certainly improve on sync. Sometimes Slack freaks out in the following manner: I start the PC and at some point later, I decide to open Slack. Opening starts, the window of it appears blank, then hides itself in the taskbar and 5 minutes after that reappears on a random place in the monitors (I have 3) and overall starts in a questionable fashion. Sometimes it can't keep up with my keyboard and mixes letters with one another.

Nick S.
Nick S.
Founder and Executive Director in VS
Religieuze instellingen, 51-200 werknemers

Great for College Ministry

5 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Slack has been great. We will continue to use it as long as we can and are grateful to have made the switch from GroupMe.

I help lead a group of 100-200 college students around the Atlanta area. Slack has been so helpful in creating groups of communication. We can share files, polls, surveys, etc and our members can create their own fun groups too. It's been a great experience.

It's a little hard to figure out at first and inviting people into the slack can be a little more confusing than other platforms.

Gayan D.
Gayan D.
Senior Project Manager in Sri Lanka

Communication + Collaboration Unified

5 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: It has been an absolute joy and has made working from home tolerable

If you are working from home or working remotely, Slack is an absolute lifesaver. (Even if you are working from office, it still is a lifesaver) Several communication channels (calls, huddles, chat), tight integrations with a number of platforms, and useful features that makes managing of the Slack workspace a breeze make it an easy recommendation for anyone or any organization.

10000 message history for the free tier might be a bit low for people/groups who message constantly, so a higher limit might drive more people to join in as they wouldn't want to loose those messages after using Slack for a significant amount of time.

Pallav K.
Pallav K.
Business Analyst in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 10.000+ werknemers
Bron: GetApp

New digital workspace

5 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall it's a great product that increases productivity . It will slowly replace mails and internal communication mediums inside a large organization.

The move towards a digital ecosystem has led to rising of collaboration tools . Software teams now work in a highly modular environment that needs an integration platform for communication. Slack is moving away from the mail which has a lag in response and is not real-time. This is unacceptable in the current business enviorment .

It still lacks in terms of utility-like Microsoft teams which have a much more integrated outlook.

Digital Strategist in VS
Internet, 51-200 werknemers

Slack Gets the Job Done

4 5 dagen geleden Nieuw

For anyone used to hangouts, MS Teams, or just plain old text messaging, Slack is easy to adopt and begin using for communication and collaboration. Direct messaging others is as simple as adding '@' before their username, and when you create a conversation with multiple people, they're automatically saved as a group you can instantly ping at any time. Conversations with multiple replies are rolled up into threads to keep the message board clean. And, Slack allows you to communicate with outside companies (i.e., vendors, agencies), as long as they use Slack, as well. It's such a timesaver vs. email! Slack also seamlessly integrates with a plethora of collaboration and organizational apps like Google Calendar, Clockwise and Zoom. So, seeing your daily schedule, sharing your status, and your availability to reply to others, etc. are all handled automatically. And, you can start a Zoom meeting with one shortcut and invite others instantly. And, for file management, attachments are easy to add, preview and fully display.

Slack uses shortcuts to fire certain apps or actions. This approach is great if you're used to thinking in code. But, for anyone that isn't, it may be a lot to learn so many different shortcuts and could possibly cause some users to miss out on Slack's more powerful features. The same goes for Slack markdown in general. There are some great templates to add greater usability to Slack posts. However, they require using and editing Slack markdown, which basically is easiest done in the markdown builder tool and then pushed back into Slack. The markdown code itself is straightforward. But, for teams that don't code (and honestly may not need to code), it's a missed opportunity for them to do more with Slack.

Manager (HR and Engineering) in Bangladesh
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers

Magic tool for remote work communication

5 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Love it-Hope to use slack regardless of where I end up throughout everyday life. May even use it for individual utilize and can undoubtedly make bunch visits with companions,

Slack makes informing proficient and puts together messages into various channels. It is extremely helpful to private message just as make gatherings. Moreover, records are saved and filed for simple access. I likewise enjoyed the usability and capacity to work together with anybody in your association. My most loved uses out of the product 1.) Unlimited number of channels-Public/Private 2.) Ability to make shapes that get distributed to explicit channels 3.) Love utilizing the/remind piece so I can get pings about undertakings requiring finish or a straightforward subsequent update 4.) You can have some good times and tweak. For instance: We have a 'Jokes' channel that the leeway bot will make you wisecracks on the off chance that you ask 'bot make me a father quip'- It's astounding

Difficult to think of any as a client yet heres a shot: 1.) The limitless assortment of channels makes the high opportunities to get steady pings in case somebody @'s you in a channel. 2.) You get dependent and wind up using your organization correspondence application 'Slack' off hours and simply signing on as though it were a web-based media page. I disdained the failure to make a public gathering "private" after it's creation. Would incidentally slack and my. messages would just come through on my telephone and not work area

Carmel R.
Owner in VS
Verzekeringen, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Innovative Tool for Team Building!

5 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Overall I really enjoy slack! I prefer the desktop version over the web version. The desktop version allows quicker access! Also the direct message feature is important feature in slack that I use. Often at times sensitive message have to be share with an individual rather than the group. Also the emoji's are plentiful selection! I love the mass variety and options available!

The greatest thing I like about slack is the ability to create different channels to assist on different topics , groups, and teams within the organization! I also like the accessibility features! You can access Slack from virtually any device! I travel a lot and this feature is extremely important!

The software features can take some time to get use to if you have no computer experience. For me my biggest challenge was learning on how to use the alerts and notification features within the program. But in fairness I was able to grasp everything within a few days. So not that long at all.

Alexandros B.
Educational robotics teams' coach in Griekenland
Schoolleiding, 11-50 werknemers

A great collaboration and communication platform for teams - even young aged ones

5 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Coaching a team of 10-15 children from 12 to 15 can be quite challenging. However, we have been able to incorporate Slack in our day to day work. All of our communication is in Slack, independent of Facebook etc and the children had no problem with it. Great features, easy creation of subgroups and sharing. Overall great software and I probably one of the only options offering these kind of feature for free and so well integrated.

I love the easy creation of team channels for different topic, and the message threads. I honestly find it very difficult to use a platform without this feature any more. Not needing to spam the whole team with a smaller conversation is great, especially for younger teams. Also third party integrations is a feature I use all the time, mostly Google drive and simple poll for now.

Sometimes the notifications on my phone don't work very well and i occasionally have some complaints from third party apps (which has little to do with Slack though), like not being able to edit polls from simple poll etc.

Kavya S.
Graduate Student in VS
Research, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Slack is one of those products that has no direct competitor because they're so good

5 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I've used Slack in multiple arenas--as an employee of a young startup, a researcher at a large academic institution, and as a member of student clubs/organizations. In each of these environments, Slack was a terrific way to collaborate with my team. We considered Microsoft Teams and other similar environments, but Slack was always the clear choice.

The things I love about slack: single sign-on for multiple workspaces, the 'magic link' to sign in with your email, the custom animated emojis (this seems silly but it's become a hallmark of one of my slack workspaces and my team enjoys them!), the ease of creating a new workspace and adding channels/teams, and the way we can quickly share files. I don't use many of the integrations in Slack but from what I've seen in workspaces that aren't managed by me, they work seamlessly and effectively.

I mentioned this elsewhere as well, but there are some issues with real-time synchronization; if I get an alert on my computer and open it, there is still a popup number on all my other devices that remains until I physically open slack on each device. This isn't a huge issue but it is very irritating when you constantly have a notification on the app.

Ryleigh S.
Account Executive & Content Manager in VS
Marketing en reclame, 51-200 werknemers

Much better than Hipchat

5 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, Slack is my favorite communication tool I've used. My company used Hipchat prior to Slack and we all rejoiced when the switch was made. It's more intuitive and much more customizable.

I like how I can set my own color themes and pick my notification sound. I have access to all the Apple emojis as well as Slack's fun emojis to set a status. The developers in my company have created new emojis as well and those are fun to use. Slack is the easiest way – and I have several tools at my disposal for this including Google Meet, Zoom and Uberconference/Dialpad – to do an audio call, video call or screen share with one other person. I prefer to use Google Meet for meetings with several people, but my go-to is slack for a call with just one other person. The pencil tool to highlight something is so handy when someone is sharing their screen with me. When on a call, the little phone emoji appears next to my name so others know that I'm on a call and can't respond right away. I like being able to respond to a message in a thread too. My company has a channel for everyone in the company and the notification can get out of hand if lots of people are responding back and forth. But threads simplify that and make it so I can respond to a message in a thread versus the entire company seeing it. They can see the thread if they click on it, but it requires an extra step. I also love the shortcuts for sharing gifs from giphy, setting reminders and others. Oh, and setting notification preferences is amazing. I have my Slack set to only receive notifications during certain hours during the day so I'm not getting them all through the night and before the next workday starts.

I don't like that I can't create a Slack channel on my own. My company has it set up that only the admins can create new public and/or private channels. I can create a group to direct message with, but that's it. If I want a channel created, I have to go to the admin. I think this is more of a gripe for my company making that rule and not a Slack thing, though. I also wish I could blur my background or set a fun background like you can in Google Meet and Zoom.

Kaushik C.
Cloud Security Consultant in India
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 10.000+ werknemers

Review of Slack

5 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Slack is the fitting programming for little, medium, or enormous organizations, this product is equipped for adjusting to any workspace and permits all areas to keep up with wide correspondence that assists them with having a superior sharing of data and information vital. Its talk channels are truly steady, it has an ideal interface that is extremely simple to utilize and very agreeable. The visit channels are exceptionally finished, permitting you to move a wide range of records and offer any picture with the individuals from the talk channels. It doesn't make any difference in case Slack is in the venture area, or in the Sales area, it will likewise get noteworthy outcomes execution, arranging, and work correspondence.

The fundamental component that I love about Slack is the part beneath the principle board, where I can get to uninitiated messages, explicit strings of discussions and furthermore gives me admittance to every one of the notices that have been during my vacation . Moreover, I additionally have a perception of the messages saved in this segment, so I have everything in one spot, everything exceptionally coordinated.

Slack's inquiry framework is one of the provisions that doesn't work effectively. This inquiry framework has a long defer when I embed a word in the pursuit, it consumes a large chunk of the day to play out the hunt, what's more, it doesn't show every one of the consequences of the looked through word, it just shows the most extraordinary and latest outcomes.

Technical Operations Manager in VK
Medische apparatuur, 11-50 werknemers

Best Team Communication Tool on the Market

5 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Fantastic, smooth and enjoyable - Slack is a powerful team communication tool with integrations to expand its reach and gather all of your notifications in one place!

Easy to use direct message, comment threading and channel topic separation - the ultimate communication tool that will help your organisation scale online at speed. It's fun to use, full of GIF and Emoji related acknowledgement styles - bringing communication into the 21st century.

It can take a while to learn how to automate your functions, short cuts and features (reminders etc) - this could be sped up with better training and a clearer user experience.

Meghan R.
Marketing and Social Media Coordinator in VS
Vastgoed, 11-50 werknemers

Great for teams at the workplace

5 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I have had many benefits using slack. For example, increased communication between team members and they are more willing to communicate using this tool. It is very interactive and can be fun in a way for our team as it is a very easy tool to use.

I have used this software since I was in college. It was used for group projects and to communicate with our fellow colleagues. Slack makes it so easy to instantly send files and documents without the hassle of going back and forth with uploading them to emails and hoping they deliver. Slack is great in my current workplace as we have many real estate agents who need to share information. This allows us to avoid massive group texts and have everyone in one place. It makes our work much easier and more organized. I especially like how we can break off into smaller conversations if it only requires certain people. Amazing tool.

I honestly can’t think of many things I don’t like. One suggestion I think that would make this software better is being able to see what time someone sees a message and who those people are who have read the messages. Cause that way I know who has seen it and who hasn’t. This can allow us to communicate better by knowing who is informed and who isn’t yet.

CEO in VS
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers

Slack is complex, but the best option currently available

4 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall I Slack is a good tool, but it can be so much better by making it more simple/friendly to use and by improving the tagging mechanism there.

I like the fact that it is an internal team communication tool where all discussions are labeled under one "channel".

The tagging/and notifications. We miss a lot of sent messages there for some reason and I blame the tagging/notification algorithm of the software.

Curriculum Coordinator in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

Robust tool that's so much more than instant messaging

5 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: The fact that my team is 100% remote and has been for 3+ years but can still be very efficient is in large part due to Slack. We're still able to communicate and make decisions even with a dispersed team. It's such an integral part of our team at this point, I can't imagine doing without it.

I've used Slack for several years now and at this point, can't remember how I communicated with team members before. We are a completely remote team and Slack allows us to quickly reach out to colleagues to discuss issue, socialize, share files, and much more. I think a lot people on my team enjoy the emoji options and the ability to group message and create channels allow for a lot of flexibility for multi-member communication. Slack offers a wide variety of features, like snoozing, scheduling, and setting up notifications, and they continue to add to their feature set regularly.

Managing permissions and settings around channels can be confusing. I've created channels only to realize that I needed to set it up differently and then not have the permissions to make the needed change (or that the change isn't an option and you'll just have to delete the channel and start all over). Also, if you are a member of multiple workspaces, it can be easy to miss a notification or message.

Muhammad daud S.
Muhammad daud S.
IT Manager in VK
Financiële dienstverlening, 11-50 werknemers

The great team collaborative tool to manage and share

5 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Slack is unique to provide bots, channels and options with commands. It gives the usability within our team to monitor logs and alerts which is our favourite aspect of this product. We also chat with team and arrange meetings including screen share which makes it easier for us to interact with the team on timely projects

Slacks work as a great tool for Developers and IT Team especially in an organization. With the built in tools and API's, we can enable our system and server alerts and logs to come through Slack notification. It makes life easier to browse through the Logs on slack and search rather than on the device itself. It has great usability with team collaboration, file sharing and meetings

Slack use lot of resources to run including RAM/CPU due to which it requires a good hardware to affectively work.

Stephanie S.
Talent Scout in Frankrijk
E-learning, 11-50 werknemers

My experiences using Slack for the past 3 years

5 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, it's been a great tool since joining the tech industry in 2018. It's made communication really easy as well as being able to keep track of the communication. It is definitely my go-to communication tool for teams.

I like how easy it is to use, if it's been set up correctly that is. I like that I can organize my channels into specific categories to make my workflow smoother and easier to navigate through it all. The integrations with Google Docs, Google Calendar, or our company's ATS have made things easier as well. Also being able to set notification settings for each channel also allows me to mute the channels that aren't priorities, or ensure I'm notified for channels that definitely are. I also really enjoy the search function to be able to look for previous communication. Likewise, I like that I can DM myself as this functions like a personal notebook for me. Likewise, being able to emoji messages saves a lot of time in terms of aknowledging/reactions.

I definitely am not using Slack to its full capacity, but I don't know what I'm missing out on as it's not clear to me what more I could be using to make my life and work easier. Every now and then the desktop app doesn't want to load and I'm stuck with a blank screen and then I need to make use of the web app. For our package, that we're limited to only 5 set status' can feel a bit limiting to me at times. When creating DM message groups, I'd like to be able to add someone to it without losing the whole message thread or having to create a new group, but I haven't found a way to do that.

Andrew K.
Andrew K.
Chief Operating Officer in VS
Internet, 11-50 werknemers

Great Internal Communication Tool

4 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, Slack offers a wide variety of features and customizations at a very reasonable price. The service availability has been very reliable, and the platform continues to release new updates to improve their portfolio of service offerings. For companies that rely on instant messaging for both internal and external communication, I would highly recommend this service.

Slack is incredibly easy set up and deploy. The Settings and Administration dashboard is very intuitive and easy to maneuver, making onboarding and offboarding new members a very quick process. Slack has API integrations with a lot popular, commonly used software services such as Google, JIRA, etc., which allows users to monitor a larger spectrum of notifications within a single platform. The message service is also relatively customizable, which allows you to add both fun and productive features to what would otherwise be a monotonous instant messaging tool.

Slack does not current offer advanced features for content organization. Individuals topics or groups need to be separated into channels, but you cannot add subdirectories to those channels for more granular organization. This results in an excessive number of Slack channels that need to be maintained and monitored on a regular basis, creating disorganization. Slack also has below average phone and video quality when compared to competing services such as Zoom and Google Meet. I often experience issues with bluetooth headphone connectivity when using these features.

Ryan H.
Ryan H.
HR Manager in Pakistan
Grafisch ontwerp, 11-50 werknemers

If I have Slack, I don't need an email

5 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, Slack has had a great impact on the productivity of my teams. I hold the position of office admin and I manage three teams of Graphic Designers, SEO, and Web-Developers. Everybody is connected through Slack. All the communication is done via Slack. We have stopped sending emails and shifted all the official and formal communication to Slack. It is easy and time-saving to get an acknowledgment of a new office policy and work on a number of other projects.

Let's get straight to what Slack is good for: Team collaboration - check Instant messaging - check File-sharing - check Audio/video call - check Multiple channels - check Slack is easy to install and work with. There's nothing complicated about it. It is an effective application for instant messaging. What I love most about the software is that it allows creating different channels for different teams. It works as separate virtual offices to manage work more efficiently. Isn't it cool? In Slack, you can let your team members know about your availability - turn on/offer your notifications and when you are bored, you can ask the chatbot to tell you a joke. It is pretty easy to send messages, share files, and integrate other applications such as Google Drive to import documents. Moreover, the Workflow builder and Analytics tools are my favorites.

I don't know if it is really a disadvantage but Slack is kind of addictive. It has so many options, a cool set of emojis, formatting tools, the bot, and an easy way of communication that it keeps me busy chatting all the time. Oh well, one more thing: in the free version, the old messages keep disappearing. It happened to me a couple of times that I had to check an old piece of information but it was removed automatically. So, be watchful if you're still on the free version and thinking to make a decision on purchase the premium plan.