Over Intercom

's Werelds eerste platform voor klantberichten dat is gericht op bedrijfsgroei

Meer informatie over Intercom

Combined with my WordPress website, it has revolutionized my customer service. It's very easy to use for both the end user and me as an admin, yet so powerful.

Customer service is terrible and they just don't give two hoots about their customers. Constantly introducing new features but not actually fixing the main feature that someone would need.

Beoordelingen van Intercom

Waar voor je geld
4,0

Intercom heeft een totaalscore van 4,5 van 5 sterren op basis van 903 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Intercom eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (902)

Jesse
Technical Operations Solution Specialist
Evenementenbureaus, 51-200 werknemers

Intercom is great for chat

5,0 6 maanden geleden
Bijschriften in het Nederlands beschikbaar in de videospeler
Priyansh
Priyansh
Owner in India
Animatie, 2-10 werknemers

A game-changing communication platform for businesses

5,0 2 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Overall, it has been a cutting edge communication platform for my small business. It's easy to use, personalisable and provided valuable insights. While it does have some limitations, the benefits it brought to our customer service efforts made it well worth it.

Finding the right communication platform for my team was crucial. After some research, we decided to give Intercom a try, and I'm glad we did! It had some limitations, but the benefits it brought to our team's communication and customer service efforts were undeniable. One of the things that stood out to me was it's ease of use. My team had no trouble getting the hang of the platform, and we were able to quickly start engaging with our customers through various channels like email, chat, and social media. This has made customer service more efficient and responsive. With the use of automations and tags, we were able to segment our customer base and send tailored messages, making the overall experience more personalized and effective. The analytics and reporting in Intercom was fantastic. We could easily track and measure the performance of our customer engagement efforts, and adjust our strategy accordingly.

Something that could be improved is the chatbot functionality. While it is useful, it still has some limitations and it could be more sophisticated. Another major downside is the price is steep for small businesses, $74 a month is a bit pricy for small businesses like mine. We had to be mindful of our budget when using the platform's advanced features. It also has a limited customization options for forms and landing pages. It would be great if we could have more flexibility in customizing the look and feel of our interactions with customers.

Emre
Emre
Software developer in Turkije
Computersoftware, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

I've had excellent results.

4,0 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: The ability to try and test an app or product before purchasing it, is becoming more and more popular, especially with the introduction of new chat and live chat services. If you don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on an actual product, you can try a virtual product, that is a product that you can test and play with, before you purchase it.

Intercom is a complete live chat application for businesses. It is extremely easy to use. I found the chatbot feature to be useful, but I think it is only useful for some businesses such as retail businesses, or businesses that can use the information from a customer to see what they want to sell them. I would recommend using Intercom for businesses that need live chat but are not using it already.

I am a marketing strategist, and my company is growing. I have come to realize that I need to engage with customers in an effective way to obtain leads and generate sales. I have tried many different marketing strategies in the past, but none have been as effective as LiveChat. I am able to create a LiveChat session with customers and obtain leads. I've had great results and I'm satisfied, I haven't had a problem. In general it works flawlessly.

Stacey
Senior Manager - Customer Support in VS
Consumentendiensten, 201-500 werknemers

It could have been great, except it wasn't

3,0 vorige maand Nieuw

The chat interface was simple and easy to use. Several integration options.

Every single feature is a massive upgrade fee. We did not get what we were promised. The features are there...but not offered a la carte, so you're looking at a ~$30k upgrade fee for all or nothing. Also, the articles do not update when you make changes in Zendesk, so you must take extra steps to force updates. All your internal articles are made public again when you force the updates. Articles Pro is garbage unless you only utilize articles on their platform.

Business Development in India
Bouw, 2-10 werknemers

Using Intercom to handle customer support

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Our focus is to handle customer queries and website inquiries thru intercom. We have integrated this with our website and are able to solve queries, generate reports and plan our future tasks with this software.

This software has both chat and email queue - We were able to set up chat and email support with the help for this software. The customer engagement is smooth and we were able to delivery customer service with the help of this software.

This software was a priced a little over our budget and every seat that we bought would cost us more. Apart from that this is a very good software to integrate with your website.

Software Engineer in India
Computersoftware, 10.000+ werknemers

#1 software widely-used for live chat, and customer support

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: The overall experience was smooth, and help me setup live chat support with just few clicks and entire installation was quick and easy.

I like their interface most, as compared to other similar solutions available in the market. It provides a pretty modern look and the user faces a very good user experience. When it comes to businesses that use Intercom, it provides a variety of features based on the business needs, for example: storing chat history, and creating an automatic ticket through email if the user/support is away from the chat for a longer duration, easy to generate reports based on the customer data and queries.One of the features I used most was storing the chat history using their platform/APIs, which helped me analyze what queries were repeated over the last 3 months, thus helping me find customers' pain points easily.

There is no major con as this software is highly competitive when it comes to the features it provides as compared to its competitors. However, they can work on improving their customer service, as when I got stuck in installation/setup, their replies to the tickets were quite late, and I could not wait for them to reply as my business was dependent on these live chats.

Natalia
Natalia
Salesforce Developer in Argentinië
Marktonderzoek, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Connects with users in a more direct way

5,0 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Allows you to have faster and more direct contact with customers or with people who visit your sites, its interface is understandable, accessible and represents a technological innovation at the level of new technologies

It is a good alternative for communication through messaging, it is a tool that connects with clients from business websites or could even say personal and maintain more direct contacts, helping from completing sales to responding to requests or claims to clients with technological efficiency and innovative

It is a good tool that, if used correctly, can even deal with customer complaints or requests without major complexities. It is the type of tool that is very complete for medium and large organizations and brings great benefits.

Ian
Ian
Support engineer in VS
Automotive, 51-200 werknemers

Intercom review

5,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

It's easy to use and provides many features for our customers.

Integrations are sometimes custom which can be troublesome.

Lucas
Lucas
CEO & Founder in Brazilië
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers

The best general support software

5,0 2 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: We use it to get customers feedbacks, track roadmap, product launches, changelogs and help center

It's very scalable, easy to use, easy to implement, there's a lot of integrations and it has a startup program

The support has a SLA a little bit higher, but its okay. It's also kinda expensive.

Lawrence
Lawrence
Head of Service Operations in VK
E-learning, 51-200 werknemers

The multi-tool software for support and lead gen

4,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Its feature-full and very easy to use. The reporting suite is great. The app store allows for easy additional features. They are always building and adding to it.

It's not a specialist in one category. The reporting can be misleading at times as you rely on Intercom's determining factors.

Data Scientist in Brazilië
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers

Good tool for you customer service

4,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Chat with your customers in real time and solve their problems.

Reporting does not allow you to go a lot back in time.

IT Specialist in Mexico

Overwogen alternatieven:

More than a messaging platform

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We are using Intercom as our main costumer messaging platform in all our ends, from emails to customers to internal communications for our team. Intercom does everything in a neat and easy way.

In a few words, using Intercom is such a wholesome experience with zero to non competitor in the market who can compete with his top notch features and constant improvements. There is always something new in the works to make it even more useful.

The overall quality of the SaaS is very good, but the price you have to pay for everyone of the features is a bit too much compared to what is offered from the competition, don't get me wrong, being at the top of the list comes with a hefty price tag.

2 jaar geleden

Thanks so much for letting us know how Intercom is helping you manage your communications with your customers and teams. Thanks too for you feedback regarding our pricing and packaging. Our aim is to align the price you pay to the value you see, and it's a difficult one to get this right for every type of business model. I'll make sure to pass your comments on to the right team. Thanks again, Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

PM in VS
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Engagement with Customers is Great!

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It is an easy choice if you want to create unique, engaging customer journeys! It also connects to many other tools, so it's a great addition to any software stack.

I like that we are able to gain insight, offer promos, convert leads, provide support, host a help center, and create unique customer journeys right from within one platform. The Inbox feature is very helpful in providing quick and easy support, especially when using the Intercom mobile app!

There are few things I would consider cons about Intercom. I wish they offered a bit quicker support, as I often wait a day to hear back, but it is a minor detail compared to the value we get from using the platform.

2 jaar geleden

Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review and let us know how Intercom is helping you create unique, engaging customer journeys as well as integrate so well with your existing etch stack :) Thanks for your feedback regarding our support response times. These vary based on the urgency of the issue as well as plan, but we always aim to get back as soon as possible. I'll make sure to pass this feedback on to our team here. Thanks again, Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

Tito
Freelancer in El Salvador
Kunst en nijverheid, Zelfstandig ondernemer

The best option for LIVE CHAT and Support

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Intercom is the lease in the industry and that’s because is the best in Livechat and support software. I’ve tried a lot of services before, cheap and expensive and I can say intercom worth every penny and it’s the option that has given to me the best results.

Nothing found until now. It’s really complete and well done solution.

3 jaar geleden

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review Tito. It's great to hear that Intercom is helping you drive results for your business. Thanks again, Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

Head of Marketing in Frankrijk

Amazing customer support

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Great experience, we switched over from Sendgrid and prefer Intercom despite the higher price

The customer support is the most responsive I've ever had from a messaging / email software. We use the email because it's already integrated into our messaging and support software, so we don't have to do any import of the contacts.

It's not super intuitive or the easiest to use sometimes, like all enterprise level software it can get a bit complicated. It's also not built out for email, e.g. we also can't create unsubscribe groups on email which is a bit annoying.

2 jaar geleden

Thanks for letting us know you have had such a good experience with Intercom since swapping from Sendgrid. I've made sure your feedback regarding email capabilities has been sent to the product team - it's an area of focus for us. Kate (Intercom)

Managing Director in Nigeria

Supercharge & Automate Your Customer Interactions

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I love it. Did I add that Intercom has a program that gives early-stage startups a 95% discount in subscription fees for the advanced Intercom features. That is what we got at our startup!

I love the fact that I can use Intercom to manage every interface with leads and my customers. From collecting their data, to monitoring sessions and getting some insights on actions with event-triggered email marketing. I also love the easy integration with Slack and the multiple integrations I can implement with other software like Calendly, Google Calendar etc. It's one robust software!

It could feel like a handful when setting up and you are going to need an engineer to help with some stuff. Other than that, Intercom is bliss for managing, nurturing and supercharging your customer interactions.

2 jaar geleden

Thanks so much for leaving us this review and letting us know all of the ways Intercom is helping your business :) Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

Operations Specialist in VS
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 2-10 werknemers

Lots of Features but Frustrating When Messages Get Lost

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Our team used intercom to support a large team of contractors that would frequently visit our website and work with us on a regular basis. We frequently use the "segment" feature to learn more about our population and to send out messages to certain segments. We also used a variety of integrations. For example, we used upscope.io so that we could immediately screenshare with any user who was on our website if they sent us a message on intercom that they needed help. The user would get a popup asing if they want to let the administrator view their screen and they just need to click "ok." That's it. It's that easy. Upscope.io integrates directly with intercom. You can also add Google Calendar to intercom so that intercom users can schedule a call with a teammate directly.

Intercom allows for various quasi-queries, integrations, and outound messasges to your users. This is very helpful and is not available in all of the other customer support platforms that I have used. You can find out information about your customer population. You can send messages to only CERTAIN "segments" of your customer population. You can also integrate with a WIDE variety of other softwares to really up your customer support game.

Intercom does not show all of the user messages together unless you open their profile OR they send their message as a response. So, for example, if a customer sends you a message, then 10 minutes later they create a new chat and send a new message, those messages are not linked togather unless you open their profile. I have had the experience of different agents answering the two messages or of answering one message only to see that the same user had sent a correction to their message. This is very frustrating. It can also be difficult for users to locate the knowledge base which leads to more inbound messages. Intercom is trying to solve this by bot responses, but this is something you may have to pay for.

Stephane
CEO in Frankrijk
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

A lot of features but overpriced for startups

4,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Intercom solutions solve real problems however if you are a startup I don't recommend using it since you really feel that they try to lock you. They attract you with their startup package and then it will take some effort if you want to switch to another supplier.

Intercom is a combination of tools providing different values and solving different problems. We use chat, article, product tour and several other tools. Overall they all solve a specific problem.

Every tool we use has some limitations and we often need to find workarounds to reach our goals. However the worst point about intercom is their pricelist Even if you own a PhD you will have a hard time understanding how much to pay if you add an option. Every tool is an option that keeps adding to your bill plus they have triggers to increase the bill according to the number of users. Overall you don't really know where you're going with the way they charge you.

vorig jaar

Hi Stephane, Thank you for taking the time to leave Intercom a review. We appreciate you taking the time and letting us know what features you like and are helping your business. I'm sorry to hear you are disappointed in our pricing, we try to charge a price that reflects the value our product brings while letting both our businesses succeed. However, we understand that no price structure will suit everyone and are sorry that you find it to be expensive. If you have any questions around why you are being charged a certain price, please always feel free to get in touch via the Messenger and we would be happy to help. Thanks, Eabha (Customer Engagement)

CEO in VK
Telecommunicatie, 11-50 werknemers

Good product let down by atrocious customer support and shady pricing practices

4,0 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: We've been with Intercom for a number of years and unfortunately the customer service in the last 18 months has been atrocious. It's not possible to call anybody... everything is done via chat, which would be fine if they responded in a timely fashion but often it takes weeks to respond and often they'll just go radio silent. The irony. Whilst the product is very good, it will get VERY expensive VERY quickly once you start using the whole suite of products. Their constant changing of product names and pricing options is annoying to say the least, particularly when you come to use a feature that was previously within your package only to find it's been moved into a more expensive package and you need to upgrade to use it. Oh, and then there's the annual auto-renew buried in the small print so if you decide to move away from Intercom which we have just decided to do, you'll probably be tied in for longer than you expect.

The software to be fair is the best integrated product out there if you need live chat, knowledgebases, chatbots, outbound marketing etc., all in the same package. The range of features is VERY comprehensive. Outbound campaigns are really nice as is the knowledgebase.

Notifications for incoming chats are poor. If your support team are doing tasks other than sitting on Intercom all day it's easy to miss incoming chats. The AI bots are more miss than hit in my experience when it comes to suggesting solutions and some of the bot responses are simply bewildering.

Blake
Blake
Co-Founder & COO in Canada
Computersoftware, 11-50 werknemers

Very helpful support and customer onboarding tool

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall they have been awesome on support and the tool is incredibly helpful. I will continue to use them for years to come.

I love how we could integrate chat directly into our application for our customers. The help center is very nice for our customers and the reports really help us understand how our team is doing.

Some of the functionality is a little difficult to setup especially around the tracking of specific features utilized on our platform. I also can get a little frustrated with the routing of messages, it can override the rules you put in place.

3 jaar geleden

Hi Blake, Thanks for sharing your Intercom experience, I'm so happy to hear you'll be with us for years to come! I'll be passing your feedback about tracking and message routing on to our product team. If you'd like to add any further detail or context do get in touch via the Messenger :) Thanks again, Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

Sylvina
Sylvina
Customer Success Manager in India
Computersoftware, 11-50 werknemers

Fast and easy

5,0 3 jaar geleden

We used the chat system for our support team and Intercom made is super easy to get going. The chats were like personalized messages and we could set up introductory or absence messages for a duration set up. Automation is great.

No reporting at all. They have reports within the system which is not editable and if you want to download and run your own reports, it is not possible. Makes it difficult to audit.

Scott
Customer Service Lead in VS
Kleding en mode, 51-200 werknemers

Intercom Is (mostly) Great!

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We use Intercom daily to help diagnose and solve a multitude of customer issues. As an admin, I have the ability to monitor chats, provide internal notes within the chat in real time for trainees, and make sure everyone is offline at the end of the day. There are a few flaws and Intercom WILL send you far too many emails, but overall this is a great chat tool for any customer service business.

Using Intercom as our ECOM site's chat service has been very helpful! On the customer service team, we are immediately given the contact information needed to properly help a customer. Using Intercom alongside Zendesk has also been a huge improvement over our old chat/ticketing software as they work very well together. Our team also utilizes custom and team macro responses to give fast, accurate answers and assistance. Also, giphy integration!

The default setting on Intercom has keyboard shortcuts turned on. It seems like most of them immediately close the chat. This can be easily solved by turning them off, but it is not made obvious on how to do so. Once they're off, it's smooth sailing! We have two customer service teams, and we often have agents going back and forth between the two. We use Intercom for both. The other downside is that it is impossible to be available on one and away/reassign on the other. You can keep it open in two tabs, but that's more of a workaround than a solution.

Thomas
Thomas
Lead Technical Support Engineer in VS
Draadloos, 51-200 werknemers

I'm so glad we switched to Intercom!

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It is a tool that was built by its users, meaning the people who build it also use it. I can begin to describe how important this is.
They have not limited themselves to what others are doing and have rethought the entire process f customer support to build what everyone wanted. A useful, effective tool which makes customer support fun to do as a job as well as receive. We often get asked by our customers what support tool we use. We love intercom!!

It's a tool that gives you what you need and it does it well. They are ahead of the game in all ways. It makes customer success seamless and proactive. It's a multi-tool. It's changed the way people perceive customer support because it makes it fast, effective and fun. They write their own books (Awesome!) and they host seminars to help use the tools better.

They take a while to release new features, this is no surprise as companies will need different things. It does not have a merging tool to link conversations to the person already in the system. Sometimes you get duplicate leads/users. They can take a while to respond to support inquiries. They changed their pricing structure which, when it was priced per lead and not per agent, made intercom stand out

Carlos
Carlos
Operations Lead in Honduras
Schoolleiding, 11-50 werknemers

A very simplistic tool to connect with your users.

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, my experience with Intercom has been great. It's very easy to set up and get it running on your site and it's very user-friendly from your customers/leads side. There are a lot of improvements that can be made but their support team is very approachable and helpful.

- The interface is very straightforward, You get messages from users and you reply. - It allows you to snooze messages so you can focus on messages that are your priority. -There are a lot of customizable options so you can make Intercom more like your company and less like Intercom.

-While metrics are simple and easy to follow, there should be more in-depth information like real response time. They use a "median response time" metric which to be honest is very confusing. -There should be a limit on how many conversations a user can open. If a user wants, they can open unlimited conversations which can be a pain for your support team. -There should be an option to delete messages in bulk.

4 jaar geleden

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review Carlos. It's much appreciated. Just wanted to double-check - it's the ability to close conversations in bulk that you would require. Or do you mean delete conversations to they don't show up in your metrics?

Andre
Customer Success Hero in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

Great tool for conversations - not for tracking

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, this platform would be amazing if the stats were figured out. Right now, it's a solid 8 even without tracking features. It's a keeper, but not once the team reaches over 100 and you really need to track solid numbers.

This software is easy to use and navigate. The support has been quick to respond and very helpful. They utilize all the tools and resources available to you and really embrace their own technology. Intercom has helped to create more of a conversational-based outlook for our success team.

This software's statistic-tracking is severely lacking. I'd give this a 0 for any crucial numbers you are looking for, time to resolution (you can't track ongoing conversations), tags are conversation based and pull the entire thread, not the moment the tag happened, and countless others. You will spend more time compiling your stats if you use Intercom's system and need to track valid numbers.

4 jaar geleden

Andre, appreciate your review and feedback! We're continuing to invest in our reporting and have a dedicated eng team focused on improving this so will pass along your feedback and you should see improvements start to ship in the coming months!

Lucy
Front end web developer in VS
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers

Just awesome

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Intercom sets a new standard for software. Our team relies on it heavily for communication with our userbase and for note taking on issues. It's got really useful integrations to link to other efficiency tools for software teams as well. The team behind it is really helpful and answers support questions quickly and thoroughly. They also practice a lot of transparency so it is a company that feels good to work with and support. They're rolling out improvements constantly and keep their userbase informed about them. They also use the tool themselves and its nice to work with a company that "eats their own dog food", as the saying goes. The one thing that is confusing about their platform is the differentiation between their different product lines. We've been with them for years and maybe it is clearer for new accounts what they're using, but for us we often scratch our heads over whether or not we've got access to something. Other than that, amazing product for communicating with new and old users alike! Couldn't recommend more highly.

Great support team, constant improvements, easy communication with users and tracking over time, nice segmentation of customer base, great integrations for software teams

Hard to understand the differentiation between their product lines