Helpt Belgische bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over Kantata

Uitgeroepen tot meest toonaangevende projectmanagementoplossing door Gartner. "Mavenlink is mijn go-to voor projectmanagement" - Forbes

Meer informatie over Kantata

Easy to set up, perfect for our unique work requirements. Its custom reporting made our lives easier.

Beoordelingen van Kantata

Waar voor je geld
4,0

Kantata heeft een totaalscore van 4,2 van 5 sterren op basis van 613 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Kantata eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (613)

Mustafa
Practice Manager
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 501-1.000 werknemers

Mavenlink review

4,0 4 jaar geleden
Bijschriften in het Nederlands beschikbaar in de videospeler
VP, Services and Support in VS
Industriële automatisering, 51-200 werknemers

Professional Services Automation and Project Collaboration in One Package

5,0 4 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: The overall experience was positive - the implementation went well and the consultant kept us focused on the core items we wanted to implement first.

The best feature of Kantata is that is provides a combination of Professional Services Automation (the ability to track time, assignments, tasks, project margins, etc.) along with an end-customer collaboration capability to jointly track project task progress, shared documents, and shared task progress.

The more challenging part of Kantata is the custom reporting aspects. During implementation, we have several custom reports built by the Kantata team. These are working acceptably, but if you want to modify or change those reports it takes a pretty high level of knowledge and experience.

Denise
Denise
Marketing Specialist in VS
Marketing en reclame, 201-500 werknemers

It's a fantastic time and task management system

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Mavenlink sits directly on our Salesforce platform, and it has been great for our business to have a more comprehensive perspective from Pre-Sales through project close-out ever since we implemented the product about three years ago with the help of Mavenlink's amazing support. From the perspective of Resource Management, I find everything about Mavenlink to be extremely well executed.

My preferred time management application is extremely feature-rich, allowing for extensive customization of how time and money are spent. Mavenlink is a great addition to our corporate finance tools since it provides us with a new way to examine data and monitor progress on several fronts simultaneously. For me, it's a plus that Mavenlink is always working to enhance its platform and provide new educational resources for its users.

I haven't utilized many goods or features, but it would be helpful to have a consolidated dashboard where I can observe how everything is interacting with one another.

Brendan
Associate in Canada
Managementconsulting, 51-200 werknemers

Good system but some frustrating issues

3,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Useful overall, but the more time I spend with it the more I realize it is missing some key functionality that would save a lot of time. It's much more difficult to update a project in Mavenlink than past systems I've used, and I think there are some beneficial tweaks that could be made

From an ease of use standpoint, time entry and project creation is fairly straightforward. It's also nice to have access to so many reporting features, although I imagine that's even more valued by the leadership team rather than staff.

Three major issues stand out to me and my colleagues: 1- the software is very slow at times, and the more time I spend making edits to a project the longer it takes. In some cases, the lag is so bad that a task that should take 10 minutes ends up taking 30 since I wait so long for the system respond. The more tasks and individuals assigned to a project, the worse it is. Customer service suggested I delete my cache, but this was a temporary and fairly ineffective solution 2- It'd be great to have a simple place where I can see exactly how many hours a team member has on a project. Right now, we can only see time assigned to individual tasks, and then need to calculate the total manually 3- When tasks get extended or shortened, it'd be great to have a way to have Mavenlink automatically distribute time accordingly. For example, if I have 1 hour assigned for a 1-week long task, it'd be nice if I could automatically change this to 30min/week if that task were extended to being 2 weeks long. I know time can move automatically if the gantt is updated, but that only works if the task stays the same duration and hasn't started yet. Other systems offer this feature

Computersoftware, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Great time tracking but has many bugs

4,0 2 maanden geleden

Great to track / approve timesheets and allocate resources in your plan

Bugs stands forever and it’s not easy to use and navigate for first time users.

Andrew
Head of Group Operations in VK
Marketing en reclame, 201-500 werknemers

Effective tool with ease of use and a broad range of features

5,0 7 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Very good. We have made suggestions that have been listened to and implemented, we have worked with their customer success team extensively to our benefit. Their help support is excellent when you encounter problems and the software was adaptable to all our needs.

There is a lot to like about the product. Easy task management with lots of capabilities, time and expense tracking that is simple. Extended resource management options for minute details or broad allocations and a really engaged Customer Success team.

Not a lot to write here. I think the only issue is that it is hard to use at a hourly scale where you need to set time deadlines in the day.

Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Outstanding solution for our entire workforce

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The overall experience from the get go was very positive, as we started the onboarding process and conducted internal training where I was able to get a lot of great feedback from my coworkers about how they find the ease of use and how they like the online product training catalog that is available.

I am able to view tasks for current projects, track upcoming projects, add notes and tag team members easily in a very organized way that allows me to save time and resources on a regular basis. My coworkers who I interface with closely have had a similar positive experience and I cannot recommend it enough.

The ability to customize what is viewable and editable in the main menu ( such as projects, tasks, insights) based on user permissions would make it easier tailor the overall product experience to our teams needs.

ERP Cloud Practice Director in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

Getting better

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Nice tool with powerful reporting that needs significant improvement on usability.

Robust reporting, integration to NetSuite, hierarchical team management, Activity feed

Ease of use needs significant improvement. Needs user configurable workflows and fields. User roles and security have no flexibility. Interface and reporting designed by someone who never has to use the application to run their day.

Mackenzie
Associate Project Manager in VS
Public relations en communicatie, 11-50 werknemers

A steep learning curve

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Mavenlink is not a bad service. it does keep everything you need to manage a project in one place, as well as help you track hours spent on various tasks within projects and organize a timeline. It is somewhat difficult to use and difficult to learn how to use - I don't find it very user friendly or intuitive. I'm still getting over this learning curve, since I'm new to using the software, and will likely find that it becomes easier over time. At least I really hope it does.

Mavenlink is a great way to keep track of everything you need for multiple projects across various areas. Budget burn is clear to see, it's easy enough to add and message people on a project. Easy enough to track time, develop timelines, break projects down into tasks, etc. Good for very type A people who like to extremely organize everything.

It creates a lot of work for project managers. A lot goes into designing a project and filling it out, which is very time consuming. There is also a steep learning curve, especially if you are adapting to Mavenlink after being used to different systems. The trainings were somewhat helpful, but long, boring and repetitive. While it does keep everything in one place, it is difficult to adapt to using it where you would have used email, Skype messenger, google docs, etc. especially if you're working with colleagues who are not so technologically savvy.

Jessica
Jessica
Game Programmer in VS
Computersoftware, 201-500 werknemers

Kantata has transformed project and cost management

4,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Using Kantata , we finally have a way to track the time and effort put in by our engineers across all of the projects they're working on. We were able to respond to questions from our leaders much more quickly, which helped us avoid certain personnel problems.

Kantata has revolutionized our approach to budgeting and task management. The opportunity to centralize all of our initiatives in one place and provide individualized reports that tracked our development in relation to our key performance indicators is something we are really grateful for. We also take pleasure in learning where we may be under- or over-allocating our engineers, so that we may swiftly adjust our course.

As far as we can tell, employing Kantata does not come with any major drawbacks. Reports are not sorted alphabetically or numerically, however these are minor issues.

Zoe
Zoe
accountancy in VS
Geestelijke gezondheidszorg, 11-50 werknemers

better planning

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I can keep track of time, which is what has helped me deliver tasks faster than the final delivery date and keep track of projects to manage the good and bad things to fix.

It has made it easier for me to assign tasks to each of my colleagues to ultimately bring them together in a single project and be able to make better decisions based on real graphs and thus reduce the final delivery time of each project. I can develop multiple projects at the same time, managing to advance faster in each one without confusion.

I only ask kantata to improve customer service in terms of response time not being so long since sometimes they are responses that take a week to give a solution, it is the only bad thing I see in kantata

Kevin
Solutions Architect in Canada
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers

Too complicated time entry

2,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Too complicated as an end user just trying to get my time entered.

There's a lot of functionality at the higher up space

As a user who enters their time the time entry screen is an extremely overcomplicated experience. It should be as simple as picking a project, sub-code and then entering time. My experience so far is vastly overcomplicated with different places and ways to enter it. I came from using harvest to track time and their weekly view with a row of the project and code i use frequently is most excellent.

Stefano
Technical Enablement Manager in VK
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 501-1.000 werknemers

The Ultimate Services & Operations Management Software

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The only way to describe this would be "It has been and still is fun to work with". It's a great piece of software, and once you get used to its logic you will be able to do great things - and by great things I mean measure exactly how much you sell your services for and how much resources you are actually using.
This, plus see employee performance, project performance, you can create custom fields to cover for any special requirement.

- Integrations and API - An excellent Salesforce bridge is available and can be fully customised (if you know Java!). You also get other connectors for Jira, Slack, and an API that allows you to do virtually anything. - Integrated GoodData reporting - If you are technical enough you can improve your workflows by adding custom fields and creating custom metrics. I used this solution to monitor the performances of the entire Professional Services team at Emarsys. - The software itself is essentially like Microsoft Project but online and with conversations & invoices generation - you can manage anything from a very small and basic project to a massive 2 years project thanks to the versatile task management interface. GANTT charts are available and, of course, if you know how to use GoodData you can dig even further into the project reports. - Resourcing wise it has a Master Planning tool which looks a bit like Resource Guru but completely integrated with the software, so you are really buying the full package with Mavenlink.

I believe the biggest flaw in Mavenlink is the absence of a "real" administrator. Essentially, you can be an admin but if a project is set to "Invitation only" you cannot join it unless someone invites you. So being a Mavenlink admin is not like being a Jira admin where you can do anything you want, you are more of a "open projects administrator". The workaround is to have an integration user creating the projects and a good integration with your CRM that allows you to update fields that would be otherwise not accessible. Mind that you can still remove the integration user from the project, and at that point the only way to re-enter the project is to ask the project lead to invite you. This should clear any security concerns, if your projects require extreme privacy.

Tristan
Tristan
Director Of Technical Services in VS
Computersoftware, 11-50 werknemers

Our Next-Generation Project Management Tool

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Our overall experience has been wonderful over the past few years. We were able to enable our PM team to become more metrics and data-driven, expanding their capabilities. Change Orders are a big business process that we solved by using Mavenlink. Approval and communication have been GREATLY streamlined! Before, we were managing change orders through written communication and supporting documentation, but now we are able to have the discussion in project meetings, then pass through the Change Order approval as a budget change and there is an affirmative action on their part. It's great!

The activity dashboard is the best part of Mavenlink. A feed that allows you to keep track of official communications and notes is perfect, plus it keeps clients involved. The API is also very strong and allows us to generate reports FAR beyond what is offered by Mavenlink. Our ability to manage projects and people has greatly increased due to the features that have been implemented since we switched to Mavenlink.

The Gantt chart needs a lot of work. The interface is slow and clunky, plus it is not a great view for the executives and sponsors, visually speaking. The purpose of this chart is not really to "manage" the project, but instead show a high level overview of everything. There is currently no great way to show this to execs and sponsors. There needs to be a better mobile experience as well. We need a fully functional way to log time, complete tasks, post activity and generally manage projects from Android and iOS.

Daniel
Director of Business Systems Analysis in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Software well tailored for our business needs

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, the experience is become better and better. I'd say the UI still has some usability issues.

Great master planning for resources and allocations.

Two biggest pet peeves are the following: 1. It's irritating that you must delete a recreate a time entry if you enter it on the wrong day of the week on the Timesheets view. Should be able to just change the date of the entry. Other similar software allows this. 2. On Master Planning, I want to see how many hours are represented in the allocation every week not just how many hours by percentage across the span of weeks the allocation runs. This make it hard to determine quickly how many hours the resource has for each allocation for that week.

Sara
Sr. Project Manager in VS
Computersoftware, 11-50 werknemers

Mavenlink feedback

4,0 4 jaar geleden

The reporting and overview of the project is very helpful. .I also like how you can budget towards individual tasks/milestones. It's also good to see an overview of staff's availability and schedule them on specific days for projects.

It's very frustrating when you need to allocated in the same amount of time per user across a long period. You have to go in individually to each week to add that time. When you have to do this for multiple users across different projects, it takes a lot of time!!! Should be able to do a recurring staffing - define the time period, how many hrs for which user and project. If there are changes to hrs or staffing for a project, you then have to go in and change across the board - should be able to change that recurring staffing to a different number/person

Alex
Operations in VS
Marketing en reclame, 51-200 werknemers

Mavenlink is feature rich and user friendly

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Mavenlink has been a feature-rich tool that has been adaptable to our unique model.

Mavenlink has a lot of custom features and functionality which was an important factor in that we needed to find a tool that met our many custom processes and workflows.

Mavenlink does not allow customers to see budget in hours or dollars, so clients can't see any sort of project burndown. New features and functionality are slow to be released, but for a platform its size, ML does a decent job of staying on top of squashing bugs.

Murali
Business Development Manager in India
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 10.000+ werknemers
Bron: GetApp

Mavenlink is a very advanced project management tool for medium as well as huge enterprises.

4,0 5 jaar geleden

The application is very stable and you will find a lot of features to work with. In comparison to other tools, the features provided are more advanced and data-driven with high emphasis on metrics. I just love the dashboard, it helps you to keep track of all the official meetings and interactions and with mavenlink, you can build superb reports. It helps in collaborating with tasks from start to end of each project. You can set updates as notifications to your mail id, so you would get to know of the status o different projects. We can set these notifications for clients too, so they would get to know the proceedings and status o each task.If you hate opening multiple tabs like me, you can use this Gantt chart tool which I should say is the best feature!

One of the biggest turn off is that we take a lot of time to get started with the system like to set up and install. The date has been set in US formats which had been an issue to us, hope they do something about it. I found it really difficult to trace back archived projects cause you have to know the exact name of the respective project to get them traced back!

Dave
accounting manager in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers

Corporate user review

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I really enjoy mavenlink but I see so much more potential and I keep asking them to make simple changes that would absolutely rock the software into the next phase of a PSA but I don't ever get a response.

I like the ease of use and the simple layout of mavenlink

I wish there was a way to put non-billable time into projects such as accountants time on invoicing, marketing, and finance. These items are the bleed on a project if you don't factor them into the profitability margin.

Jacqueline
Sr. Manager, Projects, Events, Partnerships in VS
Entertainment, 51-200 werknemers

Mavenlink Rocks

5,0 8 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We use Mavenlink to project management all new school openings and are now starting to use it for all of our large national events. Mavenlink has definitely helped us open more schools worldwide efficiently and effectively. Before Mavenlink, communication and documentation were major issues around our projects. With Mavenlink, we are able to document our calls and follow ups within the system itself. Tasks linked to communications are also very helpful. The features I like best are ease of use, Dashboard view of all projects, Templates, sync to Google Apps, and Gannt.

Ease of use and communication. The ability to start threads regarding specific tasks, upload/share google docs, post messages that also go to email, etc. has been critical to successfully completing projects.

The only dislike I have is that I cannot push a change across multiple projects at one time. We use templates for almost every project we launch. Sometimes those templates get updated and those changes need to be applied to current projects.

Robert
Technical Delivery Manager in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 201-500 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Overwogen alternatieven:

Difficult to reconcile with our accounting software - rounding issues

3,0 3 jaar geleden

Easy for resources to book time against multiple different projects - good data contained in time entry exports (granular, gives lots of information that I can pivot off of to provide different views to the end customer)

Mavenlink rounds time entries billed at an odd number (such as $171.77/hr) that are logged in half-hour or quarter-hour increments differently than Sage IntACCT - this makes reconciliations arduous when it's time to invoice the customer.

ravi
ravi
Associate Software Developer in India

Good tool for Internal improvements

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Our organisation has been able to streamline a group of integrated teams into a well structured project management tool. It's helped to track our progress in many ongoing projects. It made the team fulfil tasks faster.

Absolute perfect customer support. We have put resource planning somewhere easily accessible for the whole company. Even before Mavenlink, we had Microsoft Project for this, and it was not as easy-to-use as Mavenlink. The support we've gotten from the Mavenlink team is awesome. Whether it's getting questions answered, prioritising potential feature enhancements, or giving feedback on the product road map . I always know that our voice will be heard and considered.

Everything is fine, it is just we use custom fields on almost all tasks we create, so when created templates with these task lists because we re-use a lot of the same tasks. Unfortunately, templates do not save custom fields so we've had to add these each time we apply a template. It could be improved.

Djedji
Agent in Benin
Bouw, 2-10 werknemers

Avis kantata

5,0 8 maanden geleden

Kantata software is very good software for task management. Not only do I save time and productivity, but its user interface is easy as well as the prices which are proportional

The disadvantages of kantata are that it does not have a free version and despite the easy access of its user interface, the latter remains a little customizable

Morgan
Morgan
Marketing Specialist in VS
Marketing en reclame, 11-50 werknemers

Efficient Project Management System

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I love having Mavenlink as our project management system. It's much more efficient and user-friendly than the system we used before, and they seem to always be improving it which is good to know from the user point of view.

The ability to keep up with each individual project, its tasks and subtasks and everything else involved, without worrying about it getting lost in our Google Drive or desktops. It's a good place to store information, communicate with coworkers, and stay up-to-date on the project's status.

The recurring projects (which make up about 75% of our company) sometimes have trouble repeating correctly each month. The dates will be off and we have to go in and manually adjust a few things, which isn't a huge deal but it's an inconvenience that we'd prefer to avoid.

Telecommunicatie, 2-10 werknemers
Bron: GetApp

Great Product to Bring the Team Together

4,0 8 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Since our startup we've used basic spreadsheet tools to capture and analyze data. It was possible to generate project metrics and profitability, but the process was cumbersome. That information is just a click away now. We've also eliminated much of the possibility of our employees entering time to the wrong codes with the task assignment functions.

Our organization includes some office staff, but is mostly made up of remote employees on our client's project sites. Mavenlink has given us a great tool for communicating with our team, as well as capturing time and expense entries via the Cloud. Our employees really like the interface and the ability to log time and expense from their mobile devices. Also, we've found the online workspace to be of great value in transmitting and archiving information and files. Our implementation included support from Laura Pierce and her BIASS team. Laura led us thru integrating our processes with the capabilities of the tool via a weekly meeting. Action items were identified and quickly addressed. Laura was always there to assist with answering questions and being a sounding board for my ideas. It was also a neat experience to have the BIASS team use the Mavenlink tool to setup and manage the BIASS project.

Most of the opportunities I see with the tool could be considered enhancements to the time and expense processing function and invoicing processes. These include: * More flexibility in the Admin's abilities to review, edit and approve project charges in the invoicing cycle would be helpful. *The ability to provide greater detail of expense charges on the invoice (which is a current action item with Mavenlink for us), and * The ability to push transactions that are not time and expense entries, such as taxes, unit bill amounts, etc. to QuickBooks would be helpful.

Ben
Marketing Production Specialist in VS

Upped Our Utilization!

5,0 8 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We took on Mavenlink when we needed a 50,000 foot view of our department's capacity. The levels of organization that Mavenlink has brought our team's creatives have gone way beyond our expectations. People know exactly what they need to be working on when they come in in the morning. Plus, it allows us to monitor our team's capacity so we know when we need to add more than one creative to a job or even gives us backup when we need to prove why we need to hire more staff.

I love the way Mavenlink automates communication as the project moves on down through the workflow. By using dependency arrows on the gantt chart, our creatives are automatically notified when their tasks are ready to start. It's pretty slick!

How unforgiving the gantt chart is. I realize it's web-based in a browser, but it really needs an "undo" button.