Gemiddelde scores

• In totaal
  • Klantenservice

Over Mailchimp

Het alles-in-één marketingplatform van Mailchimps helpt kleine bedrijven met slimmere marketing, zodat je sneller kunt groeien.

Meer informatie over Mailchimp

13.246 reviews worden weergegeven

Jeremiah P.
Kleding en mode, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 24/1/2020

"My Go-to for email marketing"

Opmerkingen: Mailchimp has been my go-to for 5+ years and I see no reason to change that now. It's simple, easy-to-use, and affordable. I also care about who I work with. From what I can see as an outsider looking in, they have a great company culture. I once found a mistake in their API documentation and they sent me a free t-shirt! Most companies aren't willing to spend money just to say thanks, and I think that says something about the culture and character of the company.

Pluspunten: Easy to setup: I've used Mailchimp in the launch of dozens of brands and digital products. Mailchimp is so easy to setup; I can literally have an account up and running, collecting email addresses within 20 minutes. Great free option: One of my favorite things about Mailchimp is the fact that you get up to 2,000 contacts for free. Having that as an option (particularly for new businesses) is absolutely critical in making sure you can measure ROI from the platform before you start investing a lot of money. Easy to use: Mailchimp's forms, email templates, list management, etc. is all so simple. In the rare case you can't do something you want via the Mailchimp admin, it can probably be done via the API. Mailchimp has also done an exceptional job of integrating with 3rd party platforms to make sure you can easily maximize your email collection. More than just email marketing: In the last few years Mailchimp has started offering additional features outside of email campaigns, like Facebook ads and card mailing services. I personally don't think they're as good as Mailchimp's email service, but I am sure they'll improve over time.

Minpunten: In the last couple of years Mailchimp has made some changes to their pricing structure that I don't particularly love: 1) Pay as you go features have become more limited compared to their monthly plans.
2) Monthly rates have increased (although that's bound to happen at some point).
3) They now include some social platform contacts in your allotted contacts (i.e. you pay for them like they're email contacts).
As well, Mailchimp automatically increases your bill when you cross over your plan subscriber threshold. I'm not a huge fan of that, but I suppose I prefer it to them just disabling collection of new contacts.

• Beoordeeld op 24/1/2020
Eranga M.
IT Consultant
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 24/7/2020

"Mailchimp Review"

Opmerkingen: According to my opinion, the overall experience with Mailchimp is great. If they can resolve above issue I think this application will more great.

Pluspunten: In Mailchimp, they offer 2000 free mail sending capacity for beginners. It helps a lot who newly entire to the marketing carrier. Because of those, more people attracting to the Mailchimp and they continue with payments afterwards. And Mailchimp has the amazing inbuilt facility to design our customized email campaign template manually which other Softwares may not offer. That also attract people to use this application.

Minpunten: Mailchimp disables the import facility once they detected the high bounce rate from the audience. In that case, people cannot import more emails to the current audience without using manual email adding. Because of that, there is a trend that people show less continuing. So as a solution, if Mailchimp can add a mail verifier part first and add the good once to the audience I think it will help to the users and user may lead to continue without left.

• Beoordeeld op 24/7/2020
Kenyon C.
Creative manager
  • Beoordeeld op 25/11/2019

"Don't Sleep on the Monkey, its Bananas!!!"

Opmerkingen: We are able to reach more customers with less legwork We were also able to change how people view our company as a whole. Mail chimp makes our 5 to 10 person group seem like and Army.

Pluspunten: Mail Chimp is very flexible and gives you a wide variety of easily customizable options. I use it for everything from Turkey Drives and fundraiser registrations to Album release contests. I hired 2 new people that have almost no graphic design experience and they were both able to learn the platform in a short time and implement what they knew in a real-world environment. Furthermore. The templates aren't cookie-cutter and are easily customizable. They update someone signs up for your product or offer. Its a low key way to get alot more customers and sell alot more products without texting 100 people1 at a time. in the end its definitely worth trying out

Minpunten: I wish Mail chimp had a desktop app that was downloadable and cloud-connected. I also wish that you could integrate it with other software like Google Drive or other Cloud-based services.

• Beoordeeld op 25/11/2019
Feyisayo E.
Freelancer
  • Beoordeeld op 9/7/2020

"Mailchimp Makes Email Marketing Easy"

Opmerkingen: My experience has been generally great. I have not regrets using mailchimp

Pluspunten: 1. I have been using Mailchimp for more than 3 years and I got glued to it the first time because of the free and cheap essential plan they offer. 2. Mailchimp is easy to us even for a newbies. I never needed to read up before I started using mailchimp 3. Trying to get the right template for every campaign can be tasking but that doesnt have to be so with mailchimp. There are more than enough templates to choose from for every campaign I sent. 4. I enjoyed the multiple integration feature in mailchimp. I can integrate it with almost any app online today.

Minpunten: The customer support should be improved on. A quick response to customer support ticket will make using mailchip easier. It is frustrating to wait in a long ticket queue to get response to an urgent client need.

• Beoordeeld op 9/7/2020
Jonathan W.
Senior Software Engineer
  • Beoordeeld op 24/8/2020

"Robust feature set, but overly expensive for startups and developers"

Opmerkingen: Overall, Mailchimp is still one of the best mailing list providers out there. Its broad feature set and ease of use are an amazing help to a new company just getting started. If you're not looking for custom integration or transactional emails, this product is one of the best.

Pluspunten: This is probably the easiest mailing list platform out there. It takes minutes to set up your account and get started sending emails to a list. For developers, the Mailchimp API is a dream. It's incredibly well documented and there are dozens of integrations already built in almost every platform and language to make integration into your software even easier. Contact management is simple with access to things like custom fields in a user's profile. Groups and segments are also easy to manage, though it can be confusing at first since there are multiple ways to segment an audience. There's also an option to do transactional emails through mandrill...but this actually turns out to be an issue when you look at the cost.

Minpunten: The cost of the product is its main issue. For starters, Mailchimp recently changed its cost structure to include unsubscribed customers as part of the total customers you pay for. That means for a small company with a low customer adoption rate, you either end up spending way more than you want for a small list, or you have to spend way too much time pruning your list constantly to save money. It's a huge waste of time and/or money. The second main issue, and actually the larger issue to me as a developer, is the cost of sending transactional emails. If you want to send your customers a password reset email or a account verification email (both very common in almost all applications) you have to have a paid account AND you have to pay for a chunk of transactional emails. It ends up costing a small company over $30/mth just to send password reset emails through Mailchimp. The cost makes more sense at scale, but this software seems built to get the small guys started. It's really a deal breaker for me.

• Beoordeeld op 24/8/2020
Dennis M.
Director of Operation
Religieuze instellingen, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 20/7/2020

"Automation Superstar"

Opmerkingen: Great! I really use it every week without the need to even login to the platform.

Pluspunten: We use a Wordpress drven communication strategy and Mailchimp has allowed us to stay connected with our community. Mailchimp monitors our website for fresh content and shares it with subscribers. We end up with about 1600 contacts a month through this channel alone. Our members let me know if their email is even 5 minutes late.

Minpunten: I haven't tried everything with it - I haven't found a function that I have not been able to accomplish with it. I guess the pausing campaigns is clunky.

• Beoordeeld op 20/7/2020
Adir R.
  • Beoordeeld op 7/7/2020

"Great for entry-level, not so much for advanced users"

Opmerkingen: Overall, a good piece of software. Simple to use, simple to start. Pricing is a bit high once you get over the free tier.
Not good for advanced email marketing.

Pluspunten: Pretty easy to set-up and start sending emails through.
Very user-friendly.
Love the branding and how everything "speaks the language".

Minpunten: Missing a lot of advanced filters, smarter ways to segment users, and doing more advanced drip campaigns.
If you're looking to really slice and dice users and build complex automations - this tool is not for you.

• Beoordeeld op 7/7/2020
Jennifer A.
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 8/9/2020

"Easy, Affordable Mailing List Management"

Opmerkingen: Mailchimp makes managing my business email list easy so I can reach my clients effectively.

Pluspunten: I began using Mailchimp a few years ago because the tedium of building emails was overwhelming. I needed a simile template that could easily be edited to suit my needs. Mailchimp makes it easy for me to keep my clients aware of what is happening as well as helping me to make sure that my emails are getting to people who will actually read them. I am able to archive unsubscribed users and keep track of opens, click links and more.

Minpunten: The mobile app isn't as functional as I would like it to be. I have to have two apps in order to effectively manage emails and campaigns. I also wish that the free use extended beyond 2000 emails.

• Beoordeeld op 8/9/2020
Teresa F.
Service Designer
  • Beoordeeld op 16/7/2020

"Good newsletter service for small companies"

Opmerkingen: Mailchimp fits the needs of the small company where I work and am responsible for designing and sending newsletters. It is simple for new users, no big learning curve.

Pluspunten: Very easy to design newsletters, with useful templates. Setting up new campaigns and managing contacts is simple.

Minpunten: Honestly, from what I have experienced with MailChimp so far, I can't point out anything to be improved. I've had only good experiences.

• Beoordeeld op 16/7/2020
Pablo G.
Marketing Digital y Planificación de Medios
Hoger onderwijs, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef
  • Beoordeeld op 3/9/2020

"Bueno y con buen alcance gratuito"

Pluspunten: La cantidad de funcionalidades gratuitas, la interfaz nueva es más amigable que la anterior

Minpunten: La versión paga es muy cara comparada a lo que se puede hacer con la gratuita

• Beoordeeld op 3/9/2020
Ben E.
Director of Communications
Hoger onderwijs, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 1/9/2020

"A User-Friendly, Cost-Effective Choice"

Opmerkingen: I'm extremely satisfied with MailChimp and I know our company has benefited from it. We're saving money every year while also exceeding the quality we were previously accustomed to.

Pluspunten: When I started at my company, they were using a different email management platform. At the expiration of our contract, I shopped other options and was familiar with MailChimp from use at a previous company. It was, without a doubt, the standout choice. The price, user-friendly interface, and no contract made it leaps and bounds above other options.

Minpunten: With other email platforms, it usually involved signing a contract or creating some kind of time obligation. As such, I was accustomed to being assigned a day-to-day contact or point person for any of my concerns, questions, etc.
With MailChimp, actually speaking to someone without already having an account seemed next to impossible. I think having someone to speak to when setting up a new account would have been nice to make sure we were covering all the bases and starting off on the right foot. That said, they do have support forums that have tons of information, if you're up to reading for an extended period of time.

• Beoordeeld op 1/9/2020
Javier S.
  • Beoordeeld op 30/7/2020

"A must-have to mail marketing"

Opmerkingen: The overall experience using this tool is fantastic, I've been using for last 7 years in many clients with small database below 2000 clients (there is even a free plan with advertising) to really big campaigns to near 500000 customers and the functionality has been always nearly perfect and with great delivery times

Pluspunten: Mailchimp is a really complete solutions to email marketing. It can be used for a wide range of users, from the most basic use with only text messages; their awesome and really easy-of-use templates; your own HTML messages; to own written templates using their facilities to fill user data in order to customize the message content.
The automatization functionality are really helpful to construct a robust marketing campaign offering the possibility to send a series of messages like welcome, iinformation, birthday gifts, to even, an most interesting to monetize, recover lost carts, get product feedback, opinions, etc
The analytical part is interesting because you can see inside the platform the deliverity, opening, clicking... in an easy way. Also you can use your own tracking platform to see result in your analytical platform as i.e. google analytics
The integrations is really simple and can be made manually using its API or you can use any of the plugins to connect with main web platforms as woocommerce, prestashop to even zapier so you can expand even more their automation capabilities

Minpunten: There are a few things i don't like from mailchimp service, probably the biggest will be the segmentations capabilities: You can organize your users in list and in order to refine which one should receive one mail, you must add basic queries based in things like "has/hasn't opened last X previous messages", their gender and age (if you don't have this data it tries to interfere from user interactions), state, likes, etc, but you can only use 5 of them so if you have a really big database it can be insufficient and must duplicate some campaigns to sucessive refinining in order to get you desired audience.
The other black point could be price if you have a big list (or even worse if any of your customers are in many list because then its counted as many times as lists its included). For really big customers I prefer active Campaign due to the pricing and better automation options.

• Beoordeeld op 30/7/2020
Senior Business Partnerships Associate
Management non-profit organisaties, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 15/7/2020

"It's ubiquitous because it's pretty good at sending emails"

Opmerkingen: I like Mailchimp's corporate social responsibility, I've had a good experience the one time I called their customer service, and it's pretty bug-free for the most part. I don't think it is the future of communication, so I'll be curious to see how the product evolves, but we're sticking to it for now at my work.

Pluspunten: I appreciate that Mailchimp has the functionality to build an email based on templates, or based on HTML. I find it easy to import email addresses as needed, I think there's a healthy emphasis on preventing spam, and I like the tagging and group features. I also like the demographics that it displays, the emphasis on A/B testing, and the predictions about the best time at which to send the email. I have very rarely made mistakes in my sends, and that I can attribute to the great testing features.

Minpunten: I wish it weren't so challenging to navigate between sections for multivariate emails and the old version of the website. I have run into issues setting up automated series such as for a welcome series of emails. I wish it were easier to export the data I myself put into Mailchimp without having administrator status. Finally, I dislike being warned about the possible cost of importing new data every time I do so, as that's not my responsibility to worry about in my role. Instead, I want to be celebrating our list growth!

• Beoordeeld op 15/7/2020
Noah eric L.
Marketing Coordinator
Internet, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 16/4/2020

"Excellent marketing system, total control of the platform and campaigns."

Opmerkingen: The tool has been very good for my work as it has allowed us to meet very important objectives for us in the area of marketing, its great performance is what makes it ideal for meeting all our needs and personally is what I love most about this excellent software.

Pluspunten: Mailchimp is a marketing tool that I have used for a long time and I know it well, the platform is ideal for any kind of company that wants to market with agility, the software allows its users to have a very pronounced growth in a very short period of time which is something very good that offers very few platforms and mailchimp is one of them, Personally I must say that I have placed all my trust in this tool because it allows me to make campaigns with high strength and very good designs, its interface is very practical to work because it shows all its functions easily which allows a very large performance to users when working, offers different templates that are very good to use in different campaigns, in general it is a tool with a great performance with high profitability for people who buy it.

Minpunten: Milchimp currently requires very few improvements to perfect its operation, the one I would like to see most improved so that it doesn't have limitations is its drag-and-drop option as there are occasions when it limits movement in designs and this is something that has prevented me from editing my designs to my liking on many occasions. This is the only complaint I have with this software so far and I hope my opinion will be taken into account for future improvements.

• Beoordeeld op 16/4/2020
Ankit P.
Co-Founder
Schoolleiding, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 9/4/2020

"Simple, Easy to Use and Fast Implementation"

Opmerkingen: Overall, I have been a happy customer with Mailchimp for the last 4 years. As a company, we have moved all the marketing communication to Mailchimp. Everyday, we just feel we are just getting started.

Pluspunten: Simple, Easy to use user interface for the software wherein I could customize the emails that go out whenever any event takes place on the website. The integrations with other apps was mind blowing as it helped us to minimize our task. The analytics in Mailchimp are a blessing to us as it helps in targeting the right audience at the right time.

Minpunten: The free tier plan was very less for a company like ours as we wanted to be sure about it completely before finally implementing it. Due to high email bounces, the marketing automation companies are very strict on the bounce rates and they just block your account instantly.

Ester D.
Marketing Manager
Automotive, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 9/4/2020

"Great tool for email blasts, you will need some training"

Opmerkingen: MailChimp has been a perfect solution to manage all our email communications with our subscribers and customers. Our team handles 3 different brands with 20 000+ subscribers and the customizable email templates, user-friendly interface lets us be very efficient and creative, it's fun!

Pluspunten: I have been using MailChimp 5+ years throughout multiple jobs. It is a great platform with a huge base of supporting articles and videos - which you will need once you have a few thousand subscribers. I am currently managing a 20 000+ subscriber base and at that level, MailChimp offers great categorization options. I can assign email addresses to different tags so it is very easy to create campaigns for targeted groups. Security is very important to us, MailChimp offers a two-step verification option when you log in to keep your account safe. The dashboard is very user friendly, you can see all your recent email campaigns, their status (draft, sent) the open and click-through rate right off the main dashboard. MailChimp offers great analytics too. If you have the tracking code set up and you are an e-commerce store, you can see how many orders you received from the email blast, the average order revenue, and total revenue. When you first sign up with MailChimp it will ask about your industry - make sure to fill it out with the right information because MailChimp offers campaign benchmarking too. You can see how your current campaign performed compared to your previous campaigns and your peers'. You can connect your social media channels to MailChimp and automatically post your email blast to your social channels, which can save a lot of time. Their search function is very smart, you can search for keywords throughout years and years of email blasts or subscribers.

Minpunten: Although it is easy to import and export subscribers it would be nice to have a bulk edit option where you can assign email addresses to categories, tags etc. When I send a test email before the final release for my team to review, it often lands in the junk folder.

Traver F.
Marketing Specialist
Bouw, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 14/4/2020

"A great software at exorbitant prices"

Opmerkingen: Actual use of the software, I've had a pretty great experience. Some areas a little more difficult to navigate, but it's nothing a quick check of the help FAQ or Google can't fix. I've never had any issues with deliverability, and the reporting features work great. I just wouldn't pay for it after I get past the free plan.

Pluspunten: MailChimp is pretty easy to use as mailing software goes. It's fairly simple to set up, and managing your contact list is fairly intuitive. The software takes care of all the hard work indentifying emails that don't work or have bounced. You can segment out certain groups and tag different people so that you're able to send emails only to certain people for specific campaigns. This helps you keep emails targeted. For example, if I want to send a newsletter to only commercial clients, I tag them with the "commercial" tag and then choose to send only to those tagged recipients.

Minpunten: Two things. Advanced features and pricing. With advanced features, it was incredibly difficult to setup for sign-up forms. Some of the more advanced features are hidden deep in linking trees and aren't easy to find. I almost always had to rely on Google to tell me where to go and what to do. Compare this to somewhere like MailerLite that's really easy to navigate and find what you're looking for. As regards to pricing, the free plan for MailChimp is one of the best, allowing up to 2,000 subscribers before you have to pay, but after that they gouge you ridiculously so. Compared to other mailing software, MailChimp is highway robbery.

• Beoordeeld op 14/4/2020
Tim B.
Creative Director & Designer
Online media, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 13/4/2020

"Mailchimp is the 'go to' platform"

Opmerkingen: Overall, my experience with Mailchimp is great. Even though they change things periodically, they do have very extensive documentation that will 9 out of 10 times answer your questions by doing a small amount of research. There's lots of help guides out there as well and because Mailchimp's userbase is so large, it's not hard getting the info needed either directly from Mailchimp or supporting communities.

Pluspunten: I've used Mailchimp for years and have found it's very easily integrated into most website platforms. Not only is it just a newsletter platform, it serves many different functions. It's effective at building mailing lists generated from your website's opt-in forms, gives plenty of options to customize your newsletter templates for both standard emails, ecommerce based emails, and dynamic emails. They have an array of tools that allows you to heavily customize anything you need.

Minpunten: The things I like least about Mailchimp are how frequently they change the backend usability. Over the past year I've noticed some menu areas have changed or been renamed and it causes confusion for not only myself but my clients as well.

• Beoordeeld op 13/4/2020
Ian A.
Digital Marketing Manager
Bouw, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 17/3/2020

"Good, but could be great."

Opmerkingen: Overall this is a good beginner Email Marketing Platform.

Pluspunten: What I like most about Mailchimp are its easy-to-use features. Mailchimp is a little more expensive than other Email Marketing Platforms (they charge based on the size of your list) so that's something to consider. The automation and segmentation features are rather basic, so if you plan to implement a more robust automated campaign or you're looking for ways to incorporate other marketing channels like social media or PPC than Mailchimp falls short.

Minpunten: Mailchimp offers pretty limited and basic training or tutorial videos. What they do offer isn't really much help to Digital Marketing professionals. Additionally, Mailchimp's support is HORRIBLE!

• Beoordeeld op 17/3/2020
Eve K.
Mediaproductie, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 12/3/2020

"Free for the first 250,000 subscribers no cost - must have a mailing address"

Opmerkingen: Positive experience sending emails and letters but you need to have a mailing address a real physical address a po box doesnt count. I guess hoping people do not come to your house is a big deal. I was very scared about having a real location and I was scared random people would show up as they did before at offices to stalk. I guess at this current timene place it's safer to use your real address but many years ago it was not or may not have been. It is important to make sure all your ducks are in a row- your corporation is current for example, the po box or the mailing address is current for example mine wasn't and I saw peoplel at the post office that i would rather not see.

Pluspunten: Mailchimp is pretty easy to use and has increased its features in the last few yeqrs. The first 150,000 to 250,000 subscribers are free and then you pay after so it gives you time to build your fan base. When I used old emails I got reports for using old emails and it got disbanded so I recommend using current email subscribers so there are no surprises - or make sure they know they are signing up for your newsletter inbox. For example we threw an event and I emailed all subscribers but they did not know we were the organizer it was for working women so most unsubscribed. In hindsight I should have had people subscribe or put on a disclaimer that we would market.

Minpunten: The fact it's so easy to be taken down if you get one negative report. I guess we got a few negative reports and quickly a lot of unsubscribers the first day we emailed a few hundred people from a tales of extraordinary women event. The problem I gu ess you encounter is how to try and get these customers or clients or readers to read your services that I am still working on ideas for how to get people to sign up.

• Beoordeeld op 12/3/2020
Ura M.
E-learning, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 26/2/2020

"Great resource when starting your email list"

Opmerkingen: My overall experience is mostly positive. I'm loyal because Mailchimp gave me the start I needed to build my email list. I'm grateful for the learning experience.

Pluspunten: I like the ability to get up and started fast using the software. It was one of the only platforms that allowed me to start for free at the beginning of running the business. I also like the ability to hold my resources in the library to provide for my customers.

Minpunten: It's hard to get a stylish form without code or use of a plugin. Some of the processes are difficult to manage even with the guides. I still have not figured out how to create segments from one list. There must be a user-friendly way to create segments than what is available now.

• Beoordeeld op 26/2/2020
Jacob E.
Growth Marketing Manager
Marketing en reclame, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 24/2/2020

"Top Email Marketing Software"

Opmerkingen: I'm a big fan of MailChimp. It's my go-to email marketing software for 100% white-hat projects. The whole process is so simple. You have an email list that you upload as an audience. You then go to the campaign section to set up a proper email automation campaign. Within that build, you have the ability to use their visual editor and functions in order to easily write/design the campaign and test it in a real mail client. Unlike some of the other email marketing software, there are not EXTRA features/functionalities that you would rarely need. This decreases the confusion and noise. Big plus!

Pluspunten: - Easy to set up VERY quickly
- WSWYG Visual Editor is super easy to use
- They're constantly coming out with new functionalities like landing page design, integration with running paid ads, etc.
- Setting up full automation is relatively easy compared to other email marketing software out there
- You can edit multiple emails in multiple tabs which makes copy/paste even easier (other software only lets you have 1 tab open at a time)
- It's free up to 2,500 contacts!

Minpunten: - Support can be a bit unresponsive at times when you've broken one of their terms/policies (even when it happens by accident and you're not sure what you did wrong even to trigger it)

• Beoordeeld op 24/2/2020
Greg A.
  • Beoordeeld op 21/1/2020

"Packed with Features, MailChimp is the best choice for list management and digital marketing"

Opmerkingen: Our overall experience has been fantastic and we've gotten great results from using the features available. We've done everything from creating sign-up popups for use on our website, installed a sign-up form on social media platforms, and then created drip campaigns to multiple segments of our list. The reporting and data that we get back from Mailchimp is also incredibly helpful, and we've been able to create follow-up campaigns for people who either did or did not interact with previous emails very easily.

Pluspunten: The robust feature set related to list management is where Mailchimp truly shines. The ability to bring people into our list, tag them based on where they came from, and then automate custom drip campaigns to each of those segments of our list is a powerhouse feature that has made a big difference in our business. Mailchimp does all of this affordably and also allows us to create emails that look great.

Minpunten: Sometimes the sheer number of features available can make it a little harder to find just what you want to do. As the platform has grown, adding new features at a rapid pace, it's inevitable that the user interface will get more confusing. In recent years, the learning curve to use Mailchimp well has increased a bit, but it's still something that even a beginner can use and pick up relatively quickly.

• Beoordeeld op 21/1/2020
Dayley S.
Website & Marketing Manager
Farmaceutica, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 8/1/2020

"A safe option"

Opmerkingen: I have never had any problems with MailChimp. Its been quite easy to setup with minimal steps required. I did have to contact the customer service team on one occasion and they replied promptly and direct to the point with a solution. So my experience with both the software and their team have been great.

Pluspunten: Widely used and can be integrated easily into other software such as QuickBooks, Xero, WooCommerce, Shopify, Inventory systems and many others. MailChimp gives the user the options of many different emails output depending on the circumstances. For example; newly registered user emails, newsletters, abandoned cart emails, if a customer hasn't made a purchase in a while or hasn't returned to your site in some time, which are all great for reminding the customer of your existence, and gaining that lost customer back! The form builder is pretty easy to use, and also gives you a copy & paste option of the code afterwards so it can be easily implemented into your website.

Minpunten: You are limited with the styles of emails you can send to your customers. You can fully design your emails from scratch, but regarding the features you can place within the emails, it is kinda limited compared to other software. This would includes things like which items were abandoned when sending the customers an abandoned cart email. Or showing which items still remain in the customers 'Wishlist' if they haven't purchased the items yet and haven't been on the website for some time. I am not a big fan of the MailChimp logo at the bottom of every email sent to the customers.

• Beoordeeld op 8/1/2020
Alex P.
Marketing Communications Manager
  • Beoordeeld op 3/1/2020

"Simple to use, intuitively designed and good value!"

Opmerkingen: We've used MailChimp for years with our clients. We generally choose it as the best option because many clients like to control their email marketing at certain times and they often don't have time to waste - MailChimp has a relatively short learning curve compared to alternatives and it's easy on the eye. In that sense, it offers the best of both worlds, for us and for our clients (though as mentioned, the lack of robust automation and easy to follow automation flows hold it back slightly)

Pluspunten: - Email builder is incredibly easy to use and offers lots of functionality that's easy to grasp with a quick learning curve
- Able to create social adverts, forms, landing pages and send direct mail all from your account - it's becoming more an all-in-one marketing platform than ever with new features and changes seemly every few months
- Strong integration support makes it easy to connect most commonly used services like Google Analytics, SurveyMonkey and eCom platforms like Shopify or WooCommerce
- Easy to understand reporting that clients are able to digest quickly
- It's free with limited features, but they're generally perfectly adequate for non-power users and a small database of fewer than 2000 people
- Customer support guides are aplenty - there's lots of literature on every topic and it's very comprehensive
- Erm, 'MailChimp Presents...' - they make their own original streamable documentary shows now - and it's actually decent!

Minpunten: - Automations are relatively basic when considering this as automation software - alternatives like ActiveCampaign are more robust in this area, especially when it comes to complex rules and automation flow visuals
- Lack of someone to speak to when things are going wrong - you're pretty much on your own with the guides available (perfectly fine when you're IT-savvy, not so much when you aren't!)

• Beoordeeld op 3/1/2020